2021-2022 Midwestern University (Chicago, Illinois) CCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any Acceptances today?

Members don't see this ad.

Guess a lot of us are on this alternate list... hi friends; interviewed 4/13.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I have been on this list since January.... It has been great whenever the last week of each month rolls around :thumbup:
Same. Sucks big time but I am under the impression from past years that there is a lot of WL movement in May and very little before that. I hope that’s true this year too. I have only seen 3-4 people post any A’s since end of January. Has anyone seen more info elsewhere

Also got alternate list yesterday :( - sending good vibes to everyone (interviewed 4/13)

Anyone know how much of the class is filled? I feel like there hasn’t been anyone getting in since january interviews

Reactions: 4 users
Alternate list, interviewed 4/6 :(

From last years thread it looks like people were starting to get off the list around May-July

Reactions: 1 user
So basically no one from Feburary and April interviews got an A from Midwestern? It’s all WL offers? Any rejections?

Members don't see this ad :)
So basically no one from Feburary and April interviews got an A from Midwestern? It’s all WL offers? Any rejections?
I have only seen 2-3 people post A since January. It is possible people have gotten offers but dont follow these threads or just don’t post. But to my eye it has been crickets other than WL. I also dont remember seeing anyone post any R either. The waiting is killing me 😬 Interviewed here in feb and WL end of that month. Hopefully after Monday they release more A. I would be surprised the class is full as of the January interview group. Has anyone seen any other data posted-maybe on different forums or in other Fb groups?

I am assuming we are all sending LOIs lmao good luck friends.

Reactions: 2 users
The suspense is killing me lol

Reactions: 6 users
Definitely not me refreshing this thread and checking my email every 5 minutes

Reactions: 7 users
Just withdrew my acceptance. Good luck everyone! I hope one of you hear back about the open spot soon.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Just withdrew my A here. For those that paid the deposit, I read that we are able to get half of the deposit back if I remember correctly. Is this done automatically or do we have to reach out somewhere?

I don't think there will be movement here or at AZCOM until after may 15th. I'm pretty sure they both interview till may 12th. And then everyone has to narrow down to 1 school by the 15th. My guess they aren't looking at the wait-list till later may, however when they do there should be a lot of movement.

I don't think there will be movement here or at AZCOM until after may 15th. I'm pretty sure they both interview till may 12th. And then everyone has to narrow down to 1 school by the 15th. My guess they aren't looking at the wait-list till later may, however when they do there should be a lot of movement.
I am confused-didn’t people have to drop extra As by May 2? Unfortunately I am not in that position I guess I’m not fully informed I’m just hoping and praying for WL movement

I am confused-didn’t people have to drop extra As by May 2? Unfortunately I am not in that position I guess I’m not fully informed I’m just hoping and praying for WL movement
That is AAMC traffic rules which indirectly affects AACOMAS. But AACOMAS has a version of those rules that is centered around May 15th

Last edited:
How do you know they interview til may 12th?

That is AAMC traffic rules which indirectly affects AACOMAS. But AACOMAS has a version of those rules that is centered around May 15th
Ugh I missed the memo on that. Thanks for clarifying. I only applied to one DO so I definitely made an assumption there. Thanks. I guess I can stop checking my email every 5 minutes now.
Sending positive vibes to all of you out there waiting like me!

Ngl, when I saw all the posts that were added today, I thought everyone got off the WL and I got sad bc I didn’t see a missed call notification on my phone.

Midwestern dragging asl, everyone on MD WL got off already smh

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Any waitlist movement this past week? It doesn't seem like anyone has been pulled off recently

Just withdrew my acceptance. Hope one of you gets it! Best of luck

Reactions: 5 users
Just got an acceptance off the waitlist this morning! Feeling extremely blessed.

I got waitlisted in December and this waiting is gonna give me an ulcer lol

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I got waitlisted in December and this waiting is gonna give me an ulcer lol
I’m right there with you. Sometime I feel like it would be easier if I just withdrew from the waitlist.

Accepted this morning! Waitlisted 1/27. Stay positive everyone! It’s a long cycle. Trust that you’ll end up right where you need to be

• Care
  • Love
Accepted this morning! Waitlisted 1/27. Stay positive everyone! It’s a long cycle. Trust that you’ll end up right where you need to be
Congrats! I got waitlisted on 1/27 as well but haven’t heard anything yet :(
I am hoping for the best for everybody!

does anyone know how big their waitlist is?

Could the people (and future people) who got off waitlist pls post interview date and stats? Desperate premed here😭

Really hoping for more waitlist movement. 2nd time applying and this will definitely be my last.

If we pay the $200 deposit, how long do we have to withdraw with a full refund? How long until a 50% refund?

My son has been accepted elsewhere and removed his name from the Midwestern Waiting List. Good luck to all!!

Reactions: 3 users
I’m so nervous 😬 does anyone know how ma y students are in the group me or Fb group? I wonder how many spots are definitely filled

I’m so nervous 😬 does anyone know how ma y students are in the group me or Fb group? I wonder how many spots are definitely filled
There are 116 people in the FB group and 88 in the groupme.

Attachments

• IMG_4C5616564C3B-1.jpeg
    IMG_4C5616564C3B-1.jpeg
    91.9 KB · Views: 105
Could the people (and future people) who got off waitlist pls post interview date and stats? Desperate premed here😭
I interviewed March 22nd, waitlisted a week after that, and was accepted this past Monday.

MCAT: 504
Undergrad GPA: 3.8
Masters GPA: 3.9 (ranked 1/27)

Just wanted to let everyone know I will be withdrawing my A from CCOM! Happy to know that it will go to one of you guys, you all deserve it. Good luck, everyone!