2021-2022 Midwestern University (Chicago, Illinois) CCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-II R just now

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know how the waitlist works for CCOM? They mentioned it is unranked so I am not quite sure how they would go about selecting applicants. Based off this thread I noticed that the applicants who interviewed earlier are starting to get offers, so is it a first come first serve basis?
I interviewed on January 26 and am just curious.
It seems like the waitlist is in order of who interviewed first.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if the housing provided on campus (Specifically redwood 1 and 2) has an in unit stove/oven? I most likely would want to do my own cooking and the location seemed nice and close to campus, but it seems like they do not have any of these in the unit.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if the housing provided on campus (Specifically redwood 1 and 2) has an in unit stove/oven? I most likely would want to do my own cooking and the location seemed nice and close to campus, but it seems like they do not have any of these in the unit.
it seems both redwood 1 & 2 have communal type kitchens (one has a kitchenette which it’s unclear what theirs entails and the other has full size kitchens), but not any personal ones unlike the apartments on campus! (Just from what I see on the website)

Does anyone know when the adcom meets this month? Or how Many students have already accepted?

it seems both redwood 1 & 2 have communal type kitchens (one has a kitchenette which it’s unclear what theirs entails and the other has full size kitchens), but not any personal ones unlike the apartments on campus! (Just from what I see on the website)
Thanks for the info!

Members don't see this ad :)
Similar to CaptainKump. Slightly higher MCAT, slightly lower undergrad GPA, 4.0 SMP
Congrats! So happy for you and everyone else who has gotten an A. I don’t know the appropriate way to say this but the data I had was that you could get an acceptance at this school with an mcat around 507-510 and strong GPA and EC. But the last few posts I’ve seen have been much higher MCATs. Am I just crazy or did Midwestern post lower avg mcats for past years? I’m so discouraged by this whole process :-(

Reactions: 2 users
Alt list today! Interviewed 3/15. Really liked this school so I’m hoping for some movement soon

Congrats! So happy for you and everyone else who has gotten an A. I don’t know the appropriate way to say this but the data I had was that you could get an acceptance at this school with an mcat around 507-510 and strong GPA and EC. But the last few posts I’ve seen have been much higher MCATs. Am I just crazy or did Midwestern post lower avg mcats for past years? I’m so discouraged by this whole process :-(
Thank you!

Remember--average, some scores will be higher some will be lower.

There is always context involved.

Last edited:
Hello! CCOM M1 here - just wanted to say that they told us at orientation that the average MCAT for our class was 510. With that being said, it's an average so you can definitely be accepted with an MCAT over as well as under (AKA me). Don't lose hope! :)

Did any February interviewees get an A?

Anyone on the waitlist hear back? Also does anyone know the percentage of students that get in off the waitlist?

Not sure how relavent this is but may stats are:
Out of state
MCAT: 511
GPA: 3.51
sGPA: 3.61

Anyone on the waitlist hear back? Also does anyone know the percentage of students that get in off the waitlist?

Out of state
When did you get waitlisted?

Out of state
Not sure how they go about the waitlist, but I was just put on a couple days ago and according to other people's posts here, they probably are either just finishing up reviewing people who interviewed more recently or are still interviewing/reviewing those who interviewed. I doubt they've even gotten much of a chance to review the waitlist yet.

Last edited:
Do people that got waitlisted in Feb usually get off the waitlist?
I would like to know this too. I interviewed in feb also. I have not seen anyone post that they got an A from that group. Kinda getting nervous. If anyone has any info please share. Thanks so much

In the same exact position. So nervous at this point
I would like to know this too. I interviewed in feb also. I have not seen anyone post that they got an A from that group. Kinda getting nervous. If anyone has any info please share. Thanks so much

i got alternate list on 2/22 and the stress is killing me

Interview next Wednesday (4/13) - does anyone have any interview day tips specifically for Midwestern?

Interview next Wednesday (4/13) - does anyone have any interview day tips specifically for Midwestern?
Assuming they interview the same number of people in each session, there is a lot of downtime to go over last minute preparations. I literally cooked a full meal before my actual interview lol. The people who interviewed me were conversational and while they asked their needed questions, it felt more like I was telling my story rather than answering a question (not to sound sappy) so I would advise against having answers prepared word-for-word. Have an idea of what you want to say to the obvious questions: "Why DO?" and "Why this school?"

Other advice would be to have personal questions ready. They leave you with about 5 minutes to ask the interviewers any questions and they give you the names of these people prior to your interview so if you can do a little research on those people, I am sure you could form some meaningful connections. Not too much different than any of my other interviews but Im sure you'll do great. Look good, feel good, play good. Good luck.

If I emailed admissions an update letter, would AZCOM get it as well? They said they added it to my file, but I know the portal application is shared between both so just curious if anyone knew. Thanks in advance

If I emailed admissions an update letter, would AZCOM get it as well? They said they added it to my file, but I know the portal application is shared between both so just curious if anyone knew. Thanks in advance
Both schools have separate admissions committees. AZCOM won't see it unless you send it directly to them.

Anyone know when the committee meets again???? Anxiety is killing me lol

Interviewed today and they said our group would hear back (most likely) by last week of April/early may. So sit tight.

I have an interview coming up next week (4/20) not sure if that is the last interview date or not

I heard from a past student that midwestern typically gets very behind on evaluating the waitlist as they continue to interview but there is a lot of movement from the waitlist after may 2. I hope that is true this year too

Reactions: 1 users
I heard from a past student that midwestern typically gets very behind on evaluating the waitlist as they continue to interview but there is a lot of movement from the waitlist after may 2. I hope that is true this year too
Hmm...may be time to finally send in my letter of intent, the ace in the hole.

Does anyone know when the admissions committee is meeting this month?

Radio silence really sucks when CCOM was my top choice. Wish I just got the R months ago instead of still waiting for any update

Just got an email for alternate list, really hoping to get in since this is my top choice!