CHOOSE YOUR OWN IV - Sign Ups

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
NO DON'T TELL ME THIS IT DOES NOT SUPPORT MY DECISION TO BE MORE CHILL!!!
What if I said that I'm better at solving games when I'm more chill?

That doesn't mean I post less though it just means I do less rereading
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My apologies in advance to the player list, this is the first game I'll be really playing since my Champs finale in 2022 and the odds that I come out of the gate absolutely MANIC are very high. And if you thought samac is a high poster...

Fun fact! There was once a game where if you combined my posts, samac's posts, and Dubz's posts, it made up 51 pages of the thread!
…..
ahahahahahahaha
Which game did we do that?
 
You posted somewhere sometime about having me look for how to make hmmyes a thing on SDN… where did you post this so I can investigate?
Your request has been pushed back on the queue because it will be harder for me to fulfill than samac's request and thus I'm procrastinating.
 
I believe it was Casino, but I'd have to go double check.
I can't find the quote I'm looking for, but this was in Casino before I got shot, so I'd believe it that it happened in this game.

I’m case anyone was wondering dubz, shorty and I are > 19 pages of this thread.
Wheeeeeee
 
Well, you WERE a wolf (Janet: “Not a wolf”), so it’s hard to fake it even if it did turn out we should have been OTHER-wolf hunting 🙃
That statement was made from a village!Dubz perspective! God forbid anyone should ever try to read me based on the accuracy of my reads.

In the last CYO game I was a village vigilante of sorts and I shot like 3 villagers.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okey dokey, just don’t get mad when it falls off my stream of consciousness!

(We are gonna leave for Christmas pageant wirh little Spurs soon so no rush anyways)
idk if you've met me, but you'll learn in playing WW with me that my stream of consciousness is more like a "rolling boil that's overflowing the pot, sometimes extinguishes the flame, and occasionally burns the user"
 
That statement was made from a village!Dubz perspective! God forbid anyone should ever try to read me based on the accuracy of my reads.

In the last CYO game I was a village vigilante of sorts and I shot like 3 villagers.
I will never let you forget that you could have shot me and ruined @Truenamer's day when I wasn't dead the next morning.
 
I will never let you forget that you could have shot me and ruined @Truenamer's day when I wasn't dead the next morning.
You would have been dead! You just also would have still been able to talk on the thread.

It's okay though he died for his sins eventually.
 
I tracked down that role PM lol
You are a village bloodsucker. During the Night, you may submit the name of another player. That player will turn into a treestump (they will be unable to vote or perform actions for the rest of the game).

I don't think I thought this one through :thinking:
 
You would have been dead! You just also would have still been able to talk on the thread.
a man with gray hair is smoking a pipe in a room and says `` he 's only mostly dead '' .
 
I was 20ish pages in Good place and said a whole lot of nothing lol
Dubz was 17ish pages.
Together we were 37/83 which is approximately 45% of the thread

:heckyeah:
Fun fact—TIL that pages in threads on SDN is 50 posts, but when you search for posts by a user it only shows you 40 at a time.

I was 9 pages of search posts, so still a good amount behind you two :wow:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I could have been a goddamn hero in so many ways that game and instead I lost village an entire cycle
(In my mind I shot three villagers over the course of the game, it was actually only two)

Why did I think it was a good idea to give myself a vig role

Can I stump myself?

I have ragrets

Imagine if I'd been fancy enough to stump shorty, assuming she was going to be targeted

But also imagine if I'd been wrong lol

Which begs the question of whether or not I should pre-emptively stump Zenge...

for context: Zenge went on to win the game for mafia
 
I tracked down that role PM lol
I tracked down my cop role PM, I forgot how it started.

You are a Town Cop.

During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. You will receive You believe NAME to be MAFIA if that player is aligned with the Mafia. You will receive You believe NAME to be NOT MAFIA if that player is not aligned with the Mafia. You will receive No result if your investigation failed.

Wait I thought the cop part was the ability

THIS ROLE PM IS CURRENTLY CONSTRUCTION

midwife flubbed

this is your fault

 
well this is unfortunate
Turns out I was a little more dramatic about it than that.

Putting my tentative feels here for now so I can post them at some point, but not yet.

Scum leans:
Coop - fishy fishy, make a wishy. The "I'm so terrible at this game" and "I didn't understand how the roles worked, I had to do it 8 times!" thing feels overdone and very weird to me. I didn't fully understand how the role selection worked in the first roll either, but we had 3 rolls to figure it out, and if it was so confusing, why not ask the mods for clarification? And actually, although this might sound weird, her reaction when I called out her fishing didn't feel super village to me either because she immediately backed down. IME, when a villager thinks they're onto something, they keep pushing it if they meet a little resistance.[/COLOR]

I'm intending to vote Coop tomorrow unless there's some big change today.

sunny hasn't posted yet so obviously no read on her.

N1: Investigate Coopah

N1
Coop is not mafia. You have become a lover.

WHAT

PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS A JOKE

I feel like this is karma for me fakeclaiming lover to kill a wolf in WWizards.

I don't know who to be mad at, but this was a very smart move and I hate them for it.

So glad I spent all of yesterday setting up to yeet Coop today 😒

omg I have more than double the posts of the next highest poster 😵

I legit don’t see a way to get out of Coop getting yeeted where I don’t end up dead by the end of the night at best. I can’t reveal that she and I are lovers to discourage the yeet, it guarantees an NK (unless people don’t trust me claiming lover :heckyeah:). I can’t completely reverse my read on her to try and save my own life.

This sucks.
We’ll see what happens in the next 20something hours, I guess.
 
I could have been a goddamn hero in so many ways that game and instead I lost village an entire cycle
(In my mind I shot three villagers over the course of the game, it was actually only two)


for context: Zenge went on to win the game for mafia
Okay to be fair to me I also did shoot scum as my last action before I died, I have just rediscovered this because I have absolutely zero memory of it

But man if I were a fancier player that game would have been totally different!!

CYO is so fun
 
Okay to be fair to me I also did shoot scum as my last action before I died, I have just rediscovered this because I have absolutely zero memory of it

But man if I were a fancier player that game would have been totally different!!

CYO is so fun
Part of why I love CYO is that with how standardized the setup is, you can be formulaic about it, and the truth is that you still have no idea what's going on 😍
 
My apologies in advance to the player list, this is the first game I'll be really playing since my Champs finale in 2022 and the odds that I come out of the gate absolutely MANIC are very high. And if you thought samac is a high poster...

Fun fact! There was once a game where if you combined my posts, samac's posts, and Dubz's posts, it made up 51 pages of the thread!
I can’t even remember when my last game was to be quite honest…
 
My apologies in advance to the player list, this is the first game I'll be really playing since my Champs finale in 2022 and the odds that I come out of the gate absolutely MANIC are very high. And if you thought samac is a high poster...

My apologies in advance to the player list, this is not the first game I'll really be playing since 2022 but the odds that I come out of the gate absolutely SLANKING anyway are very high. And if you thought my ****posting:content ratio was high before...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad