-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
CHOOSE YOUR OWWN IV - Game Thread
Started by Animal Midwife
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
(tomorrow might be at 1am ET when the ED calls me)Yes I'm vain and I'm skimming for posts that mention me and responding specifically to them. Tomorrow I'll try to catch up.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Who amongst us does not do this tbhYes I'm vain and I'm skimming for posts that mention me and responding specifically to them. Tomorrow I'll try to catch up.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
apoptosis09
She/her • tOSU CVM c/o 2029
Personally I prefer to ignore the ones addressing me and post memes insteadWho amongst us does not do this tbh
- Probability exactly 4 of the remaining 47 drawn cards are Vanilla Townie (hypergeometric):
- Given 4 Vanilla Townie appear among the 47 slots, probability they occupy 4 distinct other players (choose 4 of the 13 other players, pick one of their 3 slots each):
- Combined probability:
Or 5.58% chance that everyone who is claiming they used "Vanilla Townie" for their affiliation is telling the truth.
apoptosis09
She/her • tOSU CVM c/o 2029
Thank you JanetP1=(8/4)(133/43)/(141/47)≈0.1718382592
- Probability exactly 4 of the remaining 47 drawn cards are Vanilla Townie (hypergeometric):
P2=(13/4)* 3^4/(47/4)≈0.3246993525
- Given 4 Vanilla Townie appear among the 47 slots, probability they occupy 4 distinct other players (choose 4 of the 13 other players, pick one of their 3 slots each):
P=P1×P2≈0.1718382592×0.3246993525≈0.0557957715
- Combined probability:
Or 5.58% chance that everyone who is claiming they used "Vanilla Townie" for their affiliation is telling the truth.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Zenge pls numbers is villainsP1=(8/4)(133/43)/(141/47)≈0.1718382592
- Probability exactly 4 of the remaining 47 drawn cards are Vanilla Townie (hypergeometric):
P2=(13/4)* 3^4/(47/4)≈0.3246993525
- Given 4 Vanilla Townie appear among the 47 slots, probability they occupy 4 distinct other players (choose 4 of the 13 other players, pick one of their 3 slots each):
P=P1×P2≈0.1718382592×0.3246993525≈0.0557957715
- Combined probability:
Or 5.58% chance that everyone who is claiming they used "Vanilla Townie" for their affiliation is telling the truth.
Yes exactly, burn all the vanilla towny claims.P1=(8/4)(133/43)/(141/47)≈0.1718382592
- Probability exactly 4 of the remaining 47 drawn cards are Vanilla Townie (hypergeometric):
P2=(13/4)* 3^4/(47/4)≈0.3246993525
- Given 4 Vanilla Townie appear among the 47 slots, probability they occupy 4 distinct other players (choose 4 of the 13 other players, pick one of their 3 slots each):
P=P1×P2≈0.1718382592×0.3246993525≈0.0557957715
- Combined probability:
Or 5.58% chance that everyone who is claiming they used "Vanilla Townie" for their affiliation is telling the truth.
Who claimed vanilla townie for aff?
apoptosis09
She/her • tOSU CVM c/o 2029
I didYes exactly, burn all the vanilla towny claims.
Who claimed vanilla townie for aff?
fruitsalad
Full Member
i didn't expect to see the word hypergeometric in WW but here we areP1=(8/4)(133/43)/(141/47)≈0.1718382592
- Probability exactly 4 of the remaining 47 drawn cards are Vanilla Townie (hypergeometric):
P2=(13/4)* 3^4/(47/4)≈0.3246993525
- Given 4 Vanilla Townie appear among the 47 slots, probability they occupy 4 distinct other players (choose 4 of the 13 other players, pick one of their 3 slots each):
P=P1×P2≈0.1718382592×0.3246993525≈0.0557957715
- Combined probability:
Or 5.58% chance that everyone who is claiming they used "Vanilla Townie" for their affiliation is telling the truth.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
bedtime thought: shorty likely is just village
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
There goes Spurs posting broken gifs again
Does quoting it work?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
additional bedtime thought: there might be too many people in my village reads?
apoptosis09
She/her • tOSU CVM c/o 2029
LolOnce upon a time, many many years ago, people used to try to use last activity as an argument/strategy in WW games, so I turned that off.
I can see it when I quote it
RipRoster
1. @_rae_
2. @Clem J
3. @SARdoghandler
5. @genny
6. @kitzsuna
7. @WildZoo
8. @samac
9. @beans2020
10. @alissa14
11. @apoptosis09
12. @Zenge142
13. @Barkley13
14. @potentialsheltervet
21. @GoSpursGo
utc. @supershorty
99. @fruitsalad
Thank you Janet.I can see it when I quote it
I think you will be Janet from now on.
Too much math, must be mafiaP1=(8/4)(133/43)/(141/47)≈0.1718382592
- Probability exactly 4 of the remaining 47 drawn cards are Vanilla Townie (hypergeometric):
P2=(13/4)* 3^4/(47/4)≈0.3246993525
- Given 4 Vanilla Townie appear among the 47 slots, probability they occupy 4 distinct other players (choose 4 of the 13 other players, pick one of their 3 slots each):
P=P1×P2≈0.1718382592×0.3246993525≈0.0557957715
- Combined probability:
Or 5.58% chance that everyone who is claiming they used "Vanilla Townie" for their affiliation is telling the truth.
omg what is this sorcery—just one call overnight from the floor about getting an ekg that was normal? The ED had the decency to call me about the one transfer before midnight and then no call backs? It’s Christmas morning!
Good morning all.
Good morning all.
I do agree, there’s a certain tone I can often catch in his interactions when he’s village and I think I’ve gotten fairly good at reading him. It usually takes me more than a cycle to see it thoI don't recall having a strong read on him day 1 very often. I know it's happened a time or two, when he hit specific tonal points that I've never seen him replicate as scum, but in addition to my being more cautious about that kind of thing in CYO given history, he just wasn't hitting those points in the posts I was reading. samac can maybe confirm because I think we read him from similar perspectives (or at least we rarely end up in disagreement, I think).
And I don't think I've ever arrived at a scum read of him d1.
OH SAMESometimes I read my own posts from a few years ago and I'm like Damn, she needed to chill out
I’m much chiller of a player now a days
I don’t ya monstersWho amongst us does not do this tbh
HEY I ASKED FOR THISP1=(8/4)(133/43)/(141/47)≈0.1718382592
- Probability exactly 4 of the remaining 47 drawn cards are Vanilla Townie (hypergeometric):
P2=(13/4)* 3^4/(47/4)≈0.3246993525
- Given 4 Vanilla Townie appear among the 47 slots, probability they occupy 4 distinct other players (choose 4 of the 13 other players, pick one of their 3 slots each):
P=P1×P2≈0.1718382592×0.3246993525≈0.0557957715
- Combined probability:
Or 5.58% chance that everyone who is claiming they used "Vanilla Townie" for their affiliation is telling the truth.
thanks Zenges
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I had this thought last night, but then realized the roster was larger than I expected and grew slightly more comfortable.additional bedtime thought: there might be too many people in my village reads?
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I read this and was like ok I think my panic attack might have been justifiedP1=(8/4)(133/43)/(141/47)≈0.1718382592
- Probability exactly 4 of the remaining 47 drawn cards are Vanilla Townie (hypergeometric):
P2=(13/4)* 3^4/(47/4)≈0.3246993525
- Given 4 Vanilla Townie appear among the 47 slots, probability they occupy 4 distinct other players (choose 4 of the 13 other players, pick one of their 3 slots each):
P=P1×P2≈0.1718382592×0.3246993525≈0.0557957715
- Combined probability:
Or 5.58% chance that everyone who is claiming they used "Vanilla Townie" for their affiliation is telling the truth.
and then pointed out to myself that I checked none of the math because I'm lazy, so theoretically you could have made numbers up and I'd be like mmm yeah seems legit

idk because I feel like doing math is well within zenge’s scum rangeI read this and was like ok I think my panic attack might have been justified
and then pointed out to myself that I checked none of the math because I'm lazy, so theoretically you could have made numbers up and I'd be like mmm yeah seems legit![]()
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
additional bedtime thought: there might be too many people in my village reads?
If multiball don’t we expect more scum than usual? For example good pWWace was 8 scum plus sandbag. Probably not gonna be that wild but I would expect more than usual if we expect scum on scum killing.I had this thought last night, but then realized the roster was larger than I expected and grew slightly more comfortable.
Sorry if this was said in the last 15 pages
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I think a lot is within his scum range, but I also feel like his behavior at vote close yesterday was town 9 times out of 10, so I'm more willing to go with the vibe of it being either null or slightly towny to do the math.idk because I feel like doing math is well within zenge’s scum range
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I honestly don't know how the ratio is calculated for the CYO games - it's not the 20-25% scum that a more traditional setup has, I think I remember AM saying that it rerolls if it's not at least 50% village, so there may be more scum than normal, but I think it's less likely to be at the nearly 50/50 ratio that good place was.If multiball don’t we expect more scum than usual? For example good pWWace was 8 scum plus sandbag. Probably not gonna be that wild but I would expect more than usual if we expect scum on scum killing.
Sorry if this was said in the last 15 pages
And scum/scum killing may be wishful thinking, based on my experiences in the last 2 CYOs. There wasn't scum crossfire in either, which was deeply tragic lol.
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Also, in good place, part of why we gave villagers individual wincons was because we were pretty worried that it was otherwise really not balanced fairly for village because of the ratio.
Some of us are vain okI don’t ya monsters
Not necessarily, since alignments are selected.If multiball don’t we expect more scum than usual? For example good pWWace was 8 scum plus sandbag. Probably not gonna be that wild but I would expect more than usual if we expect scum on scum killing.
Sorry if this was said in the last 15 pages
We can reasonably expect (n/2)-4 as an upper max with n being the number of players just because if it's more than that we'd presumably get a reroll based on the OP
I did forget about multiball so make it (n/2)-1 as the likely upper maxNot necessarily, since alignments are selected.
We can reasonably expect (n/2)-4 as an upper max with n being the number of players just because if it's more than that we'd presumably get a reroll based on the OP
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
CYO 3 had 10 villagers in a game of 16 players, I don't have time to look back at the others, but I don't recall feeling like there were massively more scum than usual. In theory my number of Village reads is probably fine, but in reality I'm just not that accurate, so I'm saying that I personally probably have too many village reads.
What i gained from this is that people are liars 👀P1=(8/4)(133/43)/(141/47)≈0.1718382592
- Probability exactly 4 of the remaining 47 drawn cards are Vanilla Townie (hypergeometric):
P2=(13/4)* 3^4/(47/4)≈0.3246993525
- Given 4 Vanilla Townie appear among the 47 slots, probability they occupy 4 distinct other players (choose 4 of the 13 other players, pick one of their 3 slots each):
P=P1×P2≈0.1718382592×0.3246993525≈0.0557957715
- Combined probability:
Or 5.58% chance that everyone who is claiming they used "Vanilla Townie" for their affiliation is telling the truth.
Statistically but not definitivelyWhat i gained from this is that people are liars 👀
apoptosis09
She/her • tOSU CVM c/o 2029
Woke up to my 1 year trophy this morning 🥳
apoptosis09
She/her • tOSU CVM c/o 2029
*clutches pearls* good heavensWhat i gained from this is that people are liars 👀
apoptosis09
She/her • tOSU CVM c/o 2029
Do we think that there's exactly 3 scum who all claimed vanillager for aff? 🤔
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Noting that barky never came back to answer thisI’m not ignoring this, I just need to go back and try to see why but don’t have time rn
Lying? In my mafia game?? It's more likely than you'd think.*clutches pearls* good heavens
Couldnt be me lol*clutches pearls* good heavens
I think I'm just going to need to accept that I'm probably going to be permanently behind on the thread. I guess the rarely seen real timing exclusive PSV will be making an appearance.
trust when I say I care much more about this game than theriogenology, but alas
trust when I say I care much more about this game than theriogenology, but alas