CHOOSE YOUR OWWN IV - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

There WHAT is?!
season 2 2x5 GIF by NBC
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
alissa uses the correct mode??

okay i temporarily switched it to dark mode and everything got scary -2/10

i also briefly tried SDN Colorful and was very disappointed when my page did not turn into Lisa Frank artwork -10000/10

now im back to basic blue, my beloved
I've only ever used SDN in light mode can I be village read please?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yeet beans

for now

unyeet beans
yeet barky

unyeet barky
yeet CG

:hello:

hmm

unyeet CG
yeet SAR

unyeet SAR
yeet CG

unyeet CG
yeet apop

unyeet apop
yeet beans


for now

unyeet beans
yeet barky


@Animal Midwife @kaydubs @Dr. ForgotToFlush

accelerated catching up

let's spice things

unyeet barky
yeet CG


@Animal Midwife @kaydubs @Dr. ForgotToFlush

let's try

unyeet CG
yeet raes


for now

@Animal Midwife @kaydubs @Dr. ForgotToFlush

let's try this

unyeet spurs
yeet CG


@Animal Midwife @kaydubs @Dr. ForgotToFlush

hmm, something interesting's going on

let's try this then

unyeet CG
yeet zenges


@Animal Midwife @kaydubs @Dr. ForgotToFlush

unyeet zenge
yeet CG


@Animal Midwife @kaydubs @Dr. ForgotToFlush

unyeet CG
yeet spurs


@Animal Midwife @kaydubs @Dr. ForgotToFlush

unyeet raes
yeet CG

Hi @fruitsalad I would love some insight to your thought process to the above voting pattern.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm curious why you have this fear when you've never played with me :thinking:
I get this way with any more experienced player who (theoretically) knows how to seem village enough to trick the rest of us. I've been burned a few times playing in person mafia by more experienced players who *seem* town and then were actually fooling us the entire time.
 
This is a weird question - we know everyone claims choosing town. Is there any benefit of asking people what their ability’s affiliation was or is that just useless info?

I don't know how much we'd gain from it because there is overlap between different factions. I don't think it'd be actively harmful, just not sure it'd be terribly useful.
Ok I’m several pages behind at this point but I wanted to say this sounds like a terrible idea. Some factions have very few abilities and this could be used to ability hunt (assuming villagers decide to be truthful).
 
Just out of curiosity, does anyone want to claim their actual role as vanillager?

I'd re-run the stats to reflect that, if so.
But maybe don't do that because it narrows down scum's choices of who to kill.

Unless you want to lie because your role is juicy... :thinking:

Really I don't think anyone would claim they chose vanillager in this set up though 😂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Feels like it has an agenda
And what agenda would that be?
So far I think so.
Maybe it’s just because I really liked the spurs post.
What did you like about it?
But I currently think rae and Spurs are just on different scum teams anyway
Boo
I fully believe in just real timing and only going back to read stuff if you really feel like it
I'm gonna have to start doing that
I was just looking for what impact the discussions throughout the day had on your thoughts overall
If you really want to know, it slightly improved my opinion of both of them. But like, we're still working from very little, so I'm not inclined to make wholesale changes when I'm about to have an influx of information. Does this answer your question?
Spurs - I'm starting to see what other players were mentioning yesterday that made him feel different from village!Spurs. I'm curious about him - maybe some type of 3p scum?
What specifically are you starting to see?
i’m really getting tired honestly

i posted a list of wolfreads and they’re all attacking me with different and contradictory reasons
If it makes you feel better, I'm pretty tired too. I feel like I've done my best to present why I see the game the way I see it, and it's just being seen differently by the majority.
Okay, @samac
I think samac might be in my village reads for right now. The mason confusion felt very genuine, and most importantly right now, we seem to be seeing spurs the same way.


Samac please
I don't like how you've started to move players out of your scum read as you got scum read, or just based on their read of me specifically.
 
Expand on this please

Can I ask why me and fruit in the same scum read?

Are fruit and spurs pair-able? Because I'm scum reading both of them pretty hard and if spurs and I are different factions, fruit and spurs would have to be paired.

Does that make sense?
I don't necessarily think you, fruit, and spurs are all paired or all have to be paired. The possibility exists of different factions in this game - so for example maybe you are scum 3p, spurs is wolf with someone else, and fruit is alien. Could fruit and spurs be paired? Maybe. I don't know that I think either of them are paired with you.

As for zenge - I'm torn on him. It's possible that the people who have been playing with him for longer than me are seeing something scummy from him that I'm not. All I can say is his behavior so far matches what I would expect from village!Zenge. However, I think samac made a really good point about the thunderdoming yesterday. I do think it's suspicious that the votes all shifted around zenge. I don't know that I would choose to yeet zenge right now instead of the other players in my POE but I want to keep an eye on him and see if he does anything that pings me.