CHOOSE YOUR OWWN IV - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

shorty’s excitement is reading very village to me. I also feel like shorty generally prefers village to scum, so if given the option, she would most likely choose village for affiliation.

Editing because I forgot to finish my thought: I have a hard time believe shorty would come out of retirement and actively choose a scum role. Though I could totally see her wanting to be some flavor of 3p
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m not saying it’s impossible that shorty pulled a WIFOM and decided that the best way to play would be to choose scum and fly under the radar. Though given my history with her, I think she’d far prefer her dose of chaos through 3p affiliation or a spicy ability
 
Well, first he was a tattletale, but then he did something that tickled my nose hairs, and then people followed me because I'm loud or something.
heyyyyy there was a whole 16 minutes between your vote and mine as the second! That's like 2 full pages in this monstrosity of a thread!

He earned my sus. Or I happened to see more of his posts pop up by dumb luck and overread them. Definitely one of the two.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m not saying it’s impossible that shorty pulled a WIFOM and decided that the best way to play would be to choose scum and fly under the radar. Though given my history with her, I think she’d far prefer her dose of chaos through 3p affiliation or a spicy ability
I do enjoy 3p!
 
I'm historically not good at reading alissa, so I'm not sure how to feel about my gut vibe on her right now, but I'm leaning her slightly village and I historically always wolf read her, so maybe I'll trust the vibe for now :thinking:
You DO tend to read me wolfy which probably explains the stressy feelings when you came out guns a BLAZIN
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm historically not good at reading alissa, so I'm not sure how to feel about my gut vibe on her right now, but I'm leaning her slightly village and I historically always wolf read her, so maybe I'll trust the vibe for now :thinking:
To expand on this, I have never wrongly read wolf!alissa as town, but I have wrongly read town!alissa as wolfy.

...

idk if I've ever read alissa as towny before tbh, sorry alissa lol
 
I'm not putting in a vote tonight bc I have too much to do BUT I will for sure ASAP tomorrow. I am planning on voting for someone in rae, clem, CG, genny, kitz, Dubz, samac, zenge, Spurs, or fruit for courtesy reasons. We'll see who becomes the most sus.
(TBH, CG or Spurs are appealing to me bc if they had the choice between village or scum I believe they absolutely would have chosen scum...)
 
The only people I don't have claims from yet are people who haven't posted, and I forgot to write kitz's down so I have to go find it.
Actually, I don't think kitz has claimed one, I was remembering her talking about hirsute but that was her discard.
 
Anyway, was drafting this in my role PM earlier for the people who haven't played CYO before.

Strategic things I've learned from previous CYOs:

Each time I've played CYO, it's been encouraged (first year by someone else, second year by me) for everyone to claim what role they used for AFFILIATION pretty early on. I wasn't sure about it the first year, but last year, it caught multiple people in lies (well, multiple people in the same lie lol #googate22 #electricgoogaloo). I will keep track of claims and make a public list once EVERYONE has claimed - if you want to keep track on your own, feel free, but PLEASE DO NOT POST A LIST OR RUNNING LIST UNTIL EVERYONE HAS CLAIMED, as it will make it harder to catch someone in a lie.

THIS IS TALKING ABOUT YOUR CHOICE FOR AFFILIATION, NOT ABILITY. DO NOT CLAIM YOUR ABILITY ROLE.

I used miller for my affiliation.

Also, I don't find speculation based on discards to be super helpful - if someone hates being scum and they discarded a scum role, for example, you don't know that they discarded it in favor of choosing a town role; they may just have rolled 3 scum. I don't think there's NO information to be gained from looking at people's discards - after all, you can help rule out some roles in the game pending what was discarded, but use a lot of caution attributing anything about affiliation to a discard choice.
Also this whole post from shorty reads very not-scum to me. I’m still not ruling out 3p.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
**** I didn’t get the notification this opened.

I will not be on tonight. Spending time with the spouse without you weirdos popping in.

Try to keep it under ten pages I need to catch up on for tomorrow k thanks?
I assure you that literally none of this is important. Enjoy time with your spouse 🙂

Mrs. Spurs is working tonight, so I got nothing better to do. Well except write a grant but who wants to do that?