Class of 2017.... how you doin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I set a new personal record today by actually paying attention for almost an entire 8 hours of lecture today (the hour after lunch was a bit touch and go). I'm usually lucky if I can pay attention for 20 minutes of the first class of the day before resorting to playing solitaire while half listening to the lecture as the only way to keep myself from going insane. I actually learned things by going to class today! Why can't all our instructors be this engaging? Of course then I came home and ruined my mood by taking my radiology quiz, which made me want to cry a little on the inside...

I set a new personal record today by actually paying attention for almost an entire 8 hours of lecture today (the hour after lunch was a bit touch and go). I'm usually lucky if I can pay attention for 20 minutes of the first class of the day before resorting to playing solitaire while half listening to the lecture as the only way to keep myself from going insane. I actually learned things by going to class today! Why can't all our instructors be this engaging? Of course then I came home and ruined my mood by taking my radiology quiz, which made me want to cry a little on the inside...

Aren't you on summer break yet? :)

Rave- that was the easiest final I've ever had.

Rant- scared for tomorrow's radiology final and broke my Mac this morning so I'm waiting at best buy (since when did they stop opening at 9 am?!) to spend a stupid amount of monies for a new one.

Rant- scared for tomorrow's radiology final and broke my Mac this morning so I'm waiting at best buy (since when did they stop opening at 9 am?!) to spend a stupid amount of monies for a new one.
best buy is one of the worst places to buy one...is it completely broken and need to be fixed right now or can you limp along for a few days?

That's what happens when it's 5 am, still dark, and a person has brought their laptop with them to the garage while listening to lectures, then doesn't realize how close to the edge of a shelf said laptop has been placed on while dogs get fed, hence leading to the unfortunate event that woke up the neighborhood.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's what happens when it's 5 am, still dark, and a person has brought their laptop with them to the garage while listening to lectures, then doesn't realize how close to the edge of a shelf said laptop has been placed on while dogs get fed, hence leading to the unfortunate event that woke up the neighborhood.
sounds likely...

D. All of the above... The end

Reactions: 1 user

Wait wait wait. Who goes out to their garage to study at 5am?

.... I'm starting to understand all these Lupin gifs.

Reactions: 6 users
Wait wait wait. Who goes out to their garage to study at 5am?

.... I'm starting to understand all these Lupin gifs.
My garage is a magical place, especially when entrenched in darkness...

keegan_garage_500.jpg

@Kpowell14

Your toxicology guy came to give us a guest lecture today. He is very... uh, enthusiastic o_O

BAHAHAHAHA .... Ok, imagine what it's like to have him for 4 weeks straight... Hahahah. Did he wear his "Antidote" costume?!? But yes, he does keep your attention that's for sure. He is also probably the most caring professor we have had in a long time.. He goes above and beyond for the students which is very much appreciated!!

BAHAHAHAHA .... Ok, imagine what it's like to have him for 4 weeks straight... Hahahah. Did he wear his "Antidote" costume?!? But yes, he does keep your attention that's for sure. He is also probably the most caring professor we have had in a long time.. He goes above and beyond for the students which is very much appreciated!!

He didn't wear it much but he had the cape :laugh:

Holy crap. We're done with sitting in a classroom. From now on, I'm going to be in a hospital, a barn, a truck.. no more classroom except for my public health stuff at the end of next year! I don't feel like I'm ready to be a grown up yet :( I rented a car for the first time today and figured out my lodging for my research project this summer. It's all going by so fast!

White Coat in T- 2.5 hours.....

Reactions: 3 users
Second final is in just a few hours... It feels really weird to only have four finals this week. We usually have 7+. I'm so ready to be done with second year.

First equine exam is tomorrow... Im pretty terrified - Equine is just NOT my thing !!

ETA: Equine went much better than anticipated! Woot Woot! But I still hate it lol

Last edited:
Finished the last of my 11 finals last Wednesday and just made it to my summer location. Now to figure out where everything is in this state...

And just like that I'm done with second year! I can't wait for clinics to start in a few months!

First live surgery tomorrow... Feeling a bit nervous and anxious! Can't believe it is finally happening- time has really flown!

Live surgery complete! It went well!! So thankful I have an awesome surgery group, we all worked really well together! Tomorrow is our anesthesia day so that should be fun!

Reactions: 5 users
I'm starting to feel burnt out. We are still 4 weeks and 10 exams away from summer. Blah.

I'm starting to feel burnt out. We are still 4 weeks and 10 exams away from summer. Blah.
Right there with you, KPow. I feel like this block, I've gotten the least amount of sleep since starting vet school. So so tired.

Right there with you, KPow. I feel like this block, I've gotten the least amount of sleep since starting vet school. So so tired.

Gah, Speak the freaking truth. This is definitely the most time consuming block.. From studying for 2 exams every week to prepping for/ completing surgery lab - it really sucks the life out of you. I think a huge factor for me is that I have zero interest in equine and food animal so studying for them is mentally exhausting.

Gah, Speak the freaking truth. This is definitely the most time consuming block.. From studying for 2 exams every week to prepping for/ completing surgery lab - it really sucks the life out of you. I think a huge factor for me is that I have zero interest in equine and food animal so studying for them is mentally exhausting.
I die a little inside during every equine/food animal lecture (this week is going to be an extra struggle with all the swine lectures).

I thought I was going to like the dermatology section of our SA medicine class, but I think this is the most dreadful topic!!! Cant wait for this to be over!!