Class of 2024... how you doin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I had a weird dream that my acceptance was rescinded because there just wasn’t going to be a c/o 2024 anywhere and when I tried to inquire about no one seemed to even know what vet school was or that vets existed. It was one of those dreams where you wake up and you’re still half asleep so you still completely believe it and I distinctly remember feeling in the wake/sleep delirium that it sucked that veterinarians didn’t exist anymore and I didn’t even get to be one before it happened, but at least I could still collect model horses (???).

Moral of the story: stick to a normal sleep schedule, and don’t eat a bag of hot Cheetos before falling asleep while watching horrible dating shows on Netflix...

But on a serious note, we’ve all gotten this far. It will definitely suck to start off vet school online if that happens, but I really think we’re all probably capable of more than we think. I’m trying not to worry about it too much right now because everything feels so uncertain, but I still can’t help myself from also being worried (or wondering if I should sign for an apartment right now, or not, yikes), and the societal anxiety in the air around me is not helping.
I’m hoping we’ll have some info by May cause I’m in the same boat about getting an apartment.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I wouldn’t be surprised if the entire year was postponed a year at this point lol.
Think I’d rather wait then beginning half ass online and not getting to experience vet school as it was intended.

Reactions: 4 users
I wouldn’t be surprised if the entire year was postponed a year at this point lol.

Maybe I’m just cynical, but I imagine they’ll try hard not to do that in order to collect our tuition money haha

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also

703488BC-5EA6-49F8-B9E4-4105965F1150.jpeg

• Haha
RIGHT. BUT SHES 34.

She frustrates me so much, like why is she hung up on Barnett? She doesn’t like that Mark is 24... but Barnett acts 24 (and is only 27 I think)? As the episodes go on my opinion of her gets worse and worse ahhhh

Reactions: 2 users
She frustrates me so much, like why is she hung up on Barnett? She doesn’t like that Mark is 24... but Barnett acts 24 (and is only 27 I think)? As the episodes go on my opinion of her gets worse and worse ahhhh
Barnett is gross and like five girls were like "omg could Barnett like me???"

Reactions: 3 users

All these individuals agreed to be on this show so my faith in their ability to make solid decisions doesn’t exist... at least Barnett and Amber seem like they were made for each other (as much as I dislike them I’ll admit that)

Edit: Poor LC tho, she seemed nice

Edit edit: sorry for disrupting this thread lol

Last edited:
@finnickthedog JOIN US IN OUR HATE

Jessica is terrible. Mark you need to grow up and run far far away and stop letting her treat you like a dog that peed on carpet. You do not love her. She is a gaslighting, manipulative disease who is eventually going to leave you anyways. Run, Mark, Run.

@SirHammerlock (who will never see this tag) wants you to know that he also hates Jessica and appreciates that meme. Everybody hates Jessica.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
But Cameron and Lauren :love:

Last night I dreamed that c/o 2024 was cancelled and we had to reapply for c/o 2025 :eek:

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Oh my goddddd she gets so much worse as the episodes go on I cannot stand her and I also do not like Barnett at alllllll

Hey everybody!!! I’m still trying to decide on what school to do to! It’s between Missouri and Tuskegee haha! HELPPP
I went to Mizzou undergrad and I really liked it. I also got accepted to Tuskegee and I liked them a lot when I went to interview (even though thats not where I decided to go). I think there are pros and cons for both. I have friends at both though. If you want to talk about it or their experiences ... definitely let me know!

just dropping in to say dang it I am so excited to go to vet school:happy: quarantine has been ruff on ya girl but thinking about getting to be in the last “phase” of my schooling before I get to work for animals is such a good motivation. Hope all you cool cats and kittens are doing okay

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
I didn't realize this thread existed! I hope everyone is doing well and not getting too inside their heads with everything going on. I'm trying not to stress too much even though I'm wondering if my family and I should even move as scheduled :nailbiting: Jessica memes definitely help though. ^^ I might be a Jessica... only because essential work. I am old and drink a lot though :rofl:

Since this is where love is blind was discussed, TAG YOURSELF IM LAUREN but really only that middle statement

I’m definitely Cameron. All the positive logic and reason please. Also much baking cakes and zen.

Just popping in to say hey since I’m officially part of the class of 2024 now :cat:

• Love
Reactions: 20 users
Just curious if it’s normal for people to sign leases without seeing the apartment/house? Given the situation, I’m not able to see places in person but my parents don’t want me to sign a lease without seeing it in person.

Just curious if it’s normal for people to sign leases without seeing the apartment/house? Given the situation, I’m not able to see places in person but my parents don’t want me to sign a lease without seeing it in person.

I signed my first year lease without seeing the apartment complex. I was living and working in western Nebraska and could not take the time off to go check apartments out after getting my acceptance.

Just be aware there are rental scams that show pictures from for sale properties that are not available to rent. They take your deposit and are not affiliated with the building, etc. You show up to move in and people live there or you never get keys and they disappear. If it seems too good to be true, use caution

Reactions: 6 users

Do you live near the unit/would it be feasible to go see it in person? It is certainly ideal to see things in person if you can, but if not, a lot of places are doing Facetime tours or recorded video tours due to COVID, so ask about those options if you haven't already.

I'm about to move 2,000+ miles for an internship and had to cancel travel plans to go visit the area in person due to COVID, so I will also be signing a lease without having seen the complex in person. However, I've seen pictures of the unit as well as a walk through 3D tour thing of the unit, I've creeped extensively on this apartment complex and their reviews, I've used Google Maps street view to "drive around" the area, etc.

There's still an element of risk, for sure, but I think it'll work out okay.

It's not that uncommon. I signed the lease for my apartment for vet school without having seen it in-person, and I'm actually going to be moving into a new apartment this weekend without having had seen it due to the current situation with COVID-19. I did do a virtual tour and looked up reviews for the complex prior (and it's actually not very far from where I'm already at, so I know the units are nice).

I second @Cephal0pod's recommendations for sure. Even if you can't go to see it in-person, there are likely plenty of other tools you can use to help familiarize yourself with the apartment/house and general area before committing.

Talk to the representatives and the management in the complex’s. They are making adjustments during this time, especially in the higher end apartments. I was just able to reserve an apartment in Knoxville after a virtual tour of the exact unit with an Approved application and paying a $500 refundable deposit to hold on the apartment for 60 days (until june) when I’m planning on actually visiting and seeing the place. I would sign the lease then if everything checks out in person. Get all documents, review them for accuracy and legality and this can work for you. Every place I worked with was operating this way. I’m sure it’s the same all over during this time. Good luck.

It's obviously not ideal, but I've done it twice (including my vet school apartment) and it worked out well both times. I went through reputable management companies, so I was confident it wasn't a scam, but there's always a chance the photos are misrepresentative. Maybe check if the places you're looking at would be willing to do a walk-through over video chat.

Reactions: 1 user
I moved into my place blind. My roommate did a little video tour for me and sent it to me along with photos (she was already living there, but I had never met her before at the time). It worked out well for me.

That being said, my roommate was a vet student so the risk of scams was not really a concern. It was more of a deal of how nice the place actually was, and whether or not the two of us would get along.

I'll be doing the same thing for my new roommate now that my roomie is moving away for internship. Except they might not even get a video tour unless my landlord does it since I'm out of province.

Has anyone ever heard of an applicant accepting 2 offers as a way to wait and see if they get a passing grade in a pre-req class ? My roommate is planning on doing that and waiting to see if she gets a “c” in Physics 2. One school (her 1st choice) requires it and the other doesn’t. I’m telling her this is kind of unethical and holds a waitlist applicant back. Is this a common practice? Been arguing about this for days.

Follow up to my last question: is it normal for people to pay for rent when they're not actively staying there?

I had plans to move into a 3 bedroom with 2 current vet students. due to COVID, I'm expected to sign a lease without seeing the place in person (okay with this), but to also pay rent without moving in until one student goes to parents place (which is very uncertain at this point in time, could be leaving when lease starts or could be leaving a month or two after).

Follow up to my last question: is it normal for people to pay for rent when they're not actively staying there?

I had plans to move into a 3 bedroom with 2 current vet students. due to COVID, I'm expected to sign a lease without seeing the place in person (okay with this), but to also pay rent without moving in until one student goes to parents place (which is very uncertain at this point in time, could be leaving when lease starts or could be leaving a month or two after).
um so if I'm reading this right they want you to pay rent when you wouldn't even be allowed to move in cause someone else would be living in your room?

I'm currently paying my half of rent, and then I will be paying the entire rent when my roommate moves out, and I won't be back in the city until August or September.

If they are holding the place empty for you, I think it is fair for you to pay. Otherwise, they would be free to look for someone who could move in sooner, and not lose out on the rental income.

That being said, my roommate was lovely and didn't have me pay anything until I moved in. That was her choice though since she was on the hook for full rent until I started paying. I will be doing the same thing for my future roommate, but if they leave town in the summer I will expect them to pay their share unless they don't expect me to be holding the place for them when they come back.

Has anyone ever heard of an applicant accepting 2 offers as a way to wait and see if they get a passing grade in a pre-req class ? My roommate is planning on doing that and waiting to see if she gets a “c” in Physics 2. One school (her 1st choice) requires it and the other doesn’t. I’m telling her this is kind of unethical and holds a waitlist applicant back. Is this a common practice? Been arguing about this for days.

I've heard people doing that either because of the grades or they are waiting to see their FA/grant/scholarship package. Not a fan... but I don't think there is an actual rule against that?!

um so if I'm reading this right they want you to pay rent when you wouldn't even be allowed to move in cause someone else would be living in your room?
If it is this than absolutely not. That person should be paying the rent, and you pay the rent once you take over their spot.

As someone who was waitlisted 3 cycles in a row, I dont see any problem with this. She isnt keeping a spot from anyone; those are technically her spots she earned according to those schools. If she bailed on he number 2 choice and ended up failing the prerequisite, she'd be SOL for vet school.

is it normal for people to pay for rent when they're not actively staying there?

I'm currently paying rent for my place and havent been there since March 9. I probably wont be back until May 10. But if you mean that you wont be there until say August and someone else is living in what will be your room, then they should be paying the rent. If you mean you're signing a lease now to start May 1 to hold your room, then yes, you pay that.

I've heard people doing that either because of the grades or they are waiting to see their FA/grant/scholarship package. Not a fan... but I don't think there is an actual rule against that?!

Theres no rule. You pay for the spot, the spot is yours.

As someone who was waitlisted 3 cycles in a row, I dont see any problem with this. She isnt keeping a spot from anyone; those are technically her spots she earned according to those schools. If she bailed on he number 2 choice and ended up failing the prerequisite, she'd be SOL for vet school.
Fully agree

If it is this than absolutely not. That person should be paying the rent, and you pay the rent once you take over their spot.
That’s what I’m getting from them saying they couldn’t move in until someone else left, but I’m really hoping someone wouldn’t be rude enough to ask someone to pay rent when they aren’t allowed to live there...

I would hope your friend would make a decision as soon as possible, but there’s no real issue with making multiple deposits and waiting to see what happens. When they have their grades and make their decision, they will give notice the wait list will move. Yes, the waitlisted person who will ultimately fill the spot your friend declined will have less time to prepare to move and that’s why it’s best if your friend gives as early notice as possible, but your friend can only attend one school and ultimately it’ll get filled by the waitlist. This happens quite a bit for various reasons. It’s why a lot of waitlist movement happens the week after April 15, but someone can get called off the waitlist clear until school starts. It is not that different than if someone put a deposit on school #1, got called off their dream school wait list in late May and accepted that spot, then then school A now has a vacancy to fill.

Is anyone else finding it so completely hard to find motivation in online classes right now? I just keep looking up furniture or other things relating to vet school/moving lol :help:

Reactions: 7 users
Is anyone else finding it so completely hard to find motivation in online classes right now? I just keep looking up furniture or other things relating to vet school/moving lol :help:
I feel you! I was supposed to finish my online Biochem class at the end of March. My final was supposed to be on March 20th... 1 day after CA announced Stay At Home orders and my final was cancelled at the last minute -_____-... My course won't let me take an online proctered final so I'm stuck with this class until orders have been lifted and I can finally finish this course :dead:

• Wow
It’s just as hard to find motivation for online vet school classes right now too :hilarious:

• Haha
I feel you! I was supposed to finish my online Biochem class at the end of March. My final was supposed to be on March 20th... 1 day after CA announced Stay At Home orders and my final was cancelled at the last minute -_____-... My course won't let me take an online proctered final so I'm stuck with this class until orders have been lifted and I can finally finish this course :dead:

Omg! It would kill me to be stuck in limbo like that. At least... you have EXTRA time to study? haha. I hope you can finish soon!!

It’s just as hard to find motivation for online vet school classes right now too :hilarious:

LOL oh noooo. :laugh: In conclusion, online classes are annoying.

Omg! It would kill me to be stuck in limbo like that. At least... you have EXTRA time to study? haha. I hope you can finish soon!!

LOL oh noooo. :laugh: In conclusion, online classes are annoying.
I'm struggling to find the motivation to keep studying but oh well :shrug:. On another note, I started looking up furniture, etc the minute I was accepted into my program :laugh: Especially now that I feel we're all on the final stretch before vet school starts lol

I have been feeling this so hard. I'm trying to give myself a more strict schedule (actually planning when I'm going to do things I need to, waking up at the same time every day, etc), and it's working somewhat well. But it's definitely been a struggle!! This whole week I've been doing class in my bed which I know isn't great :laugh: