Clue WW Official Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So.... don't thank me yet, because now I'm going to ask some questions. :)

So.

1) You didn't know mansion guest was villager. That implies your PM didn't say mansion guest.

2) You said you assumed that role characters were Plumb, White, etc.

3) If you aren't a villager and also are not a wolf, then you would know there are characters not named Plumb, White, etc.

4) If you don't know about mansion guests and think all role characters are Plumb, White, etc., that suggests you have one of those names.

We don't really know those people exist (good assumption, I think). Nor do we know they are wolves (a reasonable assumption, maybe).

So while I think Lissa's original thinking may have been not quite right, I'm not at all convinced she didn't have the right target.

If my train of thought is wrong, please correct it.
Have I told you lately that I love you? :love:
:laugh:

Very, very, VERY good points!

Members don't see this ad.

Sort of, yes. On your turn, you have to be in the room you were suggesting. You can suggest any weapon, and any person. The person you suggest is pulled into the room with you if they aren't there already. To make an accusation (to end the game) you can be anywhere on the board and say anything. Nothing gets moved, you just find out if you are correct or not.

Just spit-balling here but maybe there is an investigatory item/role and when you use it on someone they get moved to the room you are in.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh ****. I just edited my last post when I thought I was replying to it.

Damn it. Thoughts on what to do?

Oh good, NordiCat had already snagged it for a reply.

DVMDream, tell me what to do. I can edit my original post to put back in the original content. I can leave well enough alone. I can re-post it. You can punish me with whips and chains. Let me know....

Possible Additional Characters:
The Motorist
Singing Telegram Girl
The Cop
Mr. Boddy (probably not, though)
Yvette
Mrs. Ho (the cook)
Wadsworth

Okay, thought I was crazy, it disappeared when I went to quote it. I will look at the quote NordiCat got and go from there.

Current Vote Tally

Ivorypolarbear: 2 (dyachei, SOV)

Deadline as of right now: 3 pm pst (5 for us midwesterners :))

So far no one has expressed any interest in moving the deadline up, so unless I hear and say otherwise we will stick with 5 pm cst tomorrow, and then tentative night deadline sometime around 10/11 pm central.

Last edited:
Okay, thought I was crazy, it disappeared when I went to quote it. I will look at the quote NordiCat got and go from there.

No, it was my fault. I edited it (which, btw, is against the rules) by accident. I knew something was screwy because the quote attribution at the top was you and not me, but I was flying on autopilot and didn't stop to ask myself "Uh, why is this screwy?" I just edited and away I went.

Oh good, NordiCat had already snagged it for a reply.

DVMDream, tell me what to do. I can edit my original post to put back in the original content. I can leave well enough alone. I can re-post it. You can punish me with whips and chains. Let me know....

Put it back in its original content. Don't make me silence you... :nono:

3) If you aren't a villager and also are not a wolf, then you would know there are characters not named Plumb, White, etc.
And by 'villager' in that statement I meant:

If you are a villager with a role and also are not a wolf, then you would know there are characters not named Plumb, White, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally Posted by LetItSnow View Post
So.... don't thank me yet, because now I'm going to ask some questions. :)
So.
1) You didn't know mansion guest was villager. That implies your PM didn't say mansion guest.
2) You said you assumed that role characters were Plumb, White, etc.
4) If you don't know about mansion guests and think all role characters are Plumb, White, etc., that suggests you have one of those names.
We don't really know those people exist (good assumption, I think). Nor do we know they are wolves (a reasonable assumption, maybe).
So while I think Lissa's original thinking may have been not quite right, I'm not at all convinced she didn't have the right target.
If my train of thought is wrong, please correct it.

And by 'villager' in that statement I meant:
If you
are a villager with a role and also are not a wolf, then you would know there are characters not named Plumb, White, etc.
^^That is what you said.

Okay, so NordiCat pointed out before that there were other characters in the movie, such as the cook who is SOV's avatar. In my PM, I got a name from the movie. I personally do not have the name of one of the six game characters (Plum, White, etc.), but as they are also characters from the movie I couldn't be sure that they weren't options. By naming them in my post, I hoped not to give things away if the wolves did not know that movie characters were in the game. That's not something I'm worried about now, obviously. :)

Basically, what I'm getting from this is that you two also are named from the movie? And you were suspicious because I seemed to be confused about that?

Basically, what I'm getting from this is that you two also are named from the movie? And you were suspicious because I seemed to be confused about that?
Not sure if you were talking about me or not but I have never seen the movie so I don't know if my character is from the movie or not. I don't think so because my character is a modern singer (if you could call him that).

Okay, so I had the rope. It is a silencer. I used it on cuit****** because RNG told me to and I sent her to the kitchen. Honestly the only reason I used it was because I was afraid of losing it, though it doesn't matter because I lost it after using it on her.

I think IPB was talking to/about me & LIS. Yeah, I'm a movie character. And pretty useless, unfortunately. :(

So who used the knife on me? :smuggrin:

I am starting to like the theory that the six main characters (Mrs. Scarlet, etc) are the wolves since technically they are all murderers, each game one of them has to be the killer, it is just chance which card is chosen.

Since house guests are just normal "villagers' that leaves the people that work at the house as the other villager roles who have abilities.

Not sure if you were talking about me or not but I have never seen the movie so I don't know if my character is from the movie or not. I don't think so because my character is a modern singer (if you could call him that).
The movie's set in the Fifties (pretty sure?), so I'm guessing no for you. :) Definitely not modern.

(Making mistakes and trying to correct them is tiring. If I do get lynched, all the people asleep now will be amazed at how the post count slows down. :laugh:)

Lissa you better be the Biebs.
I would probably commit suicide if that happened. I'm Chris Brown. I was hesitant to say anything because most people consider him to be a bad person (woman beater and everything). I'm just a villager though.

I am starting to like the theory that the six main characters (Mrs. Scarlet, etc) are the wolves since technically they are all murderers, each game one of them has to be the killer, it is just chance which card is chosen.

Since house guests are just normal "villagers' that leaves the people that work at the house as the other villager roles who have abilities.

This makes a lot of sense! :thumbup::thumbup:

Okay, so I had the rope. It is a silencer. I used it on cuit****** because RNG told me to and I sent her to the kitchen. Honestly the only reason I used it was because I was afraid of losing it, though it doesn't matter because I lost it after using it on her.

So the rope silences AND moves? Or those were independent actions - i.e. the rope silences and your role moves?

I don't believe my character is from the movie, but I haven't seen it either.
I take it you're not on the list I put up, then? I'm trying to think who else there was...The Chief/Evangelist guy?

Negative. I am a named role, not part of the movie/game, and I have an ability. Sorta. Maybe.

I'm on-board with the rest of your theory, though.

Just to add to the current conversation: I'm also a mansion guest, a villager, a modern pop culture person.

So it seems we have two fractions?? Modern pop culture people and people from the movie?

well if Rihanna goes missing we'll all know where to point fingers, but yeah I guess Mr. Boddy just has poor taste in houseguests :laugh:
Hahaha. I personally think that Ryan Seacrest is the devil but in this game he was a villager, right? :laugh:

THIS :thumbup:
And NordiCat and I are now prime wolf bait. :( Please unlynch me and protect the two of us if you can!

Negative. I am a named role, not part of the movie/game, and I have an ability. Sorta. Maybe.

I'm on-board with the rest of your theory, though.
Now I'm really curious. Modern people as villagers and movie people as roles makes the most sense so far. Are you positive you're not from the movie?

I'm going to bed. See you guys in the morning!

From wiki: other characters
The Butler
The Inspector (possibly seer?)
Yvette (maid)
Ms Ho (cook)
The motorist
Singing Telegram Girl

Man this thread moves fast. I agree with this idea, it seems really likely to me.

So the rope silences AND moves? Or those were independent actions - i.e. the rope silences and your role moves?

Sorry I didn't clarify. The rope silences and moves. It is sort of like the game. Cuit with the rope in the kitchen. I basically got to silence her in which ever room I chose.

Just to add to the current conversation: I'm also a mansion guest, a villager, a modern pop culture person.

So it seems we have two fractions?? Modern pop culture people and people from the movie?
Also a mansion guest/villager. Popular, though not the best, modern actress.

Sorry Nordicat, I basically just posted the same character list as you :rolleyes:

I take it you're not on the list I put up, then? I'm trying to think who else there was...The Chief/Evangelist guy?

Nope, not on that list. And ... I'm as certain as I can be without watching the movie that I'm not on it.

My role is particularly minor, though - to the point of not really being a role. Perhaps the more 'important' roles are reserved for movie characters?

I'm a singer. Whoo! Least I know who I am.

Allright, I'm off to bed. I'll check again in the morning and see what's up. I work all day tomorrow (from 8:30am-9pm) so I'll be on intermittently.

Lol, it seems like everyone who has a pop culture character has someone who's not that great. We have Chris Brown, your character, and then mine's a singer but.... let's just say I told DVMDream that I hate him a little bit for making me her. :laugh:

Sorry I didn't clarify. The rope silences and moves. It is sort of like the game. Cuit with the rope in the kitchen. I basically got to silence her in which ever room I chose.

May I take a wild guess...Kristen Stewart?