Clue WW Official Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Like I said, my character's name is a celebrity name and I don't have a special role. My PM from DVMDream said that I was a Mansion guest and villager.

Mine too. Explicitly said villager.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think so. I am sure there is one or 2 people with roles that actually have abilities but the rest of us are just pond scum (and by that I mean Mansion Guests). :laugh:

Hahaha you're pond scum. Tee hee

Ryan is a role. He was simply a villager. I think that the clue characters might be the ones with the actual abilities.
Right, because role = name. :smack: You can't hear what goes on in my head,, where I was thinking role = ability.

Members don't see this ad :)
There aren't enough Clue characters to go around. My character has a celebrity name. Interesting that you didn't know that Mansion Guest=villager since that is what you are told in the PM DVMDream sent the villagers. For now I say
lynch Ivorypolarbear

Like always, I am willing to change my vote if better info comes out.

I tend to agree with this and was actually thinking the same thing as you would have known that Mansion Guest was a villager and it sounds like you have never heard the term until now. I will not vote yet to lynch, but I am leaning... Will wait to see if any investigation results come out first.

I don't know if we're going off the movie this much, but there were also people who worked in the mansion. Therefore, they wouldn't be "mansion guests" but they'd still be possible roles (not sure if good/bad, though).

There aren't enough Clue characters to go around. My character has a celebrity name. Interesting that you didn't know that Mansion Guest=villager since that is what you are told in the PM DVMDream sent the villagers. For now I say
lynch Ivorypolarbear

I was just thinking the same thing. You would have known otherwise. I'll wait until something more comes up, but I think I found my first lynch.

lynch Ivorypolarbear

I'm a villager, I promise! You don't want to lynch me! This is my first game, and I want to be helpful, so I am trying to strategize and not phrasing things correctly!

I tend to agree with this and was actually thinking the same thing as you would have known that Mansion Guest was a villager and it sounds like you have never heard the term until now. I will not vote yet to lynch, but I am leaning... Will wait to see if any investigation results come out first.
It was a combo of this and her mentioning the PM restrictions she has. I'm just going with my gut.

Need to add: however, my gut is wrong a lot :laugh:

I'm a villager, I promise! You don't want to lynch me! This is my first game, and I want to be helpful, so I am trying to strategize and not phrasing things correctly!

Whether you are innocent or a wolf - phrasing things incorrectly will get you lynched in WW, so be forewarned. :smuggrin: People have died for typos. :eek:

It was a combo of this and her mentioning the PM restrictions she has. I'm just going with my gut.

I was wondering about those PM restrictions she mentioned...I thought she just didn't know how to fully use the PMing aspect of SDN.

Members don't see this ad :)

This is true. How would she know about PM restrictions unless she's tried to PM a large group already (not likely since she is a noob that she would be PMing all of her groupmates repeatedly).

Sigh. Not being a TW ninja

Okay, seriously--please do not take my PM restrictions against me. I literally joined SDN so I can play this game, and I realize that it's been a long time since most of you joined but right away you can only have 25 PMs and send to 1 person at a time. It happens to everyone, I am not special in this way.

Whether you are innocent or a wolf - phrasing things incorrectly will get you lynched in WW, so be forewarned. :smuggrin: People have died for typos. :eek:
Too true

This is true. How would she know about PM restrictions unless she's tried to PM a large group already (not likely since she is a noob that she would be PMing all of her groupmates repeatedly).

For what it's worth, our group did send out a round of PMs already checking in with each other, and she's so new to the forum that she could only send it to one person at a time. I have no idea if she's a wolf or not, but she was definitely affected in sending PMs to our group.

Okay, seriously--please do not take my PM restrictions against me. I literally joined SDN so I can play this game, and I realize that it's been a long time since most of you joined but right away you can only have 25 PMs and send to 1 person at a time. It happens to everyone, I am not special in this way.

We're not taking your restrictions against you. We're taking the fact that you knew about them against you. Anyone have any other hunches this early?

I realize this. My reasoning is that the only reason you would be worried about 25 PMs is because typically only wolves PM that much.

Cuit sent out a group PM to all of us in the Ballroom and I was not able to reply to all. I literally can only send to 1 person at a time!

For what it's worth, our group did send out a round of PMs already checking in with each other, and she's so new to the forum that she could only send it to one person at a time. I have no idea if she's a wolf or not, but she was definitely affected in sending PMs to our group.

Hmm okay. Thanks for clearing that up, nyanko.

Since I was just informed I lost my item I will tell you guys what it was. I had a revolver last night. I didn't know what it would do so I didn't use it. I just got a PM that said I misplaced it.

Yes this is true - Cuit had to forward her message on to us as she could only send to one person.

I realize this. My reasoning is that the only reason you would be worried about 25 PMs is because typically only wolves PM that much.
Okay, that is a reasonable assumption. Since I have not played before, just watched what people have said on the boards, I got the impression that people PMed in their groups a lot. Lynchings have hinged on the fact that people are not talkative over PM. Going into the game thinking this, it really seemed like only having 25 PMs would be hard to deal with.

Okay, that is a reasonable assumption. Since I have not played before, just watched what people have said on the boards, I got the impression that people PMed in their groups a lot. Lynchings have hinged on the fact that people are not talkative over PM. Going into the game thinking this, it really seemed like only having 25 PMs would be hard to deal with.
Like I said, I am willing to change my vote if better info comes to light. But for right now you are the most suspicious to me.

Since it seemed to get lost in the hubbub, I'll restate (and this is why I don't think we should jump all over IvoryPolarBear just yet, either)-

In the movie, there were people who still had roles but were not mansion guests- the maid, the cook, the driver, the cop. It's entirely possible that IPB is NOT a wolf but did not have "mansion guest" in her PM from DVMDream.

I'm willing to forgive Ivorypolarbear for the newbie PM learning curve. I know that I wouldn't have known how to PM multiple people until SOV kicked off our group's discussion, because I've never had a reason to PM multiple people before.

However, I think not knowing that mansion guest = villager is a red flag. My PM from DVMDream explicitly stated my name, mansion guest, and villager.

My first guess for wolves would be that they are the characters from the game. That would allow for 6 wolves, which seems about right from what past games have shown.

The IPB thing is suspicious (referring to the mansion guest= villager thing), but I think I am going to wait for a little bit.

To clarify - by characters from the game, I mean Miss Scarlett, Colonel Mustard, etc.

I'm willing to forgive Ivorypolarbear for the newbie PM learning curve. I know that I wouldn't have known how to PM multiple people until SOV kicked off our group's discussion, because I've never had a reason to PM multiple people before.

However, I think not knowing that mansion guest = villager is a red flag. My PM from DVMDream explicitly stated my name, mansion guest, and villager.

My first guess for wolves would be that they are the characters from the game. That would allow for 6 wolves, which seems about right from what past games have shown.

I think you make a good point about the mansion guest = villager and the 6 characters are wolves (for future investigations), but I'm going to have to agree with wldlfstdnt below:

The IPB thing is suspicious (referring to the mansion guest= villager thing), but I think I am going to wait for a little bit.

and hold off on voting for IPB. Let's see what other information comes out. It would suck to lynch an innocent so quickly right off the bat without weighing all the other information that could come out. Someone may have had an investigative role or item last night and could come forward with useful information.

I'll just come out with what I just said via PM (nothing earth-shattering). I think IPB's mistake was truly just a mistake because she's new. I find it very unlikely that DVMDream would just tell the wolves to go "hunt the villagers" without giving them the game-specific name for them. That would definitely make it too easy to catch wolves lying early and lead to an unfair advantage for the villagers. My $0.02.

:( le sigh...

avenge me!!!

Can't stay up much longer, but not knowing about mansion guest seems to indicate a wolf to me (or a special role).

Unless Ivory comes clean with some special role I'm gonna have to go with wolf:

lynch Ivorypolarbear

I'll just come out with what I just said via PM (nothing earth-shattering). I think IPB's mistake was truly just a mistake because she's new. I find it very unlikely that DVMDream would just tell the wolves to go "hunt the villagers" without giving them the game-specific name for them. That would definitely make it too easy to catch wolves lying early and lead to an unfair advantage for the villagers. My $0.02.

I agree with this. :thumbup::thumbup:

I have to hit the hay... it is way to early here (or late whichever you prefer)

What time do we have to do lynch votes by? I think it said 3 PM PST - is that correct. If so, then I should be able to sleep on my vote and decide tomorrow.

I have to hit the hay... it is way to early here (or late whichever you prefer)

What time do we have to do lynch votes by? I think it said 3 PM PST - is that correct. If so, then I should be able to sleep on my vote and decide tomorrow.

I believe that's correct.

Okay, the panic is calming a bit. Thank you everyone who is willing to listen and not jump into lynch-mobbing me. I'm going to look over everything again and see if I can maybe explain things better to your satisfaction.

Hmmm who did you piss off last game??

Oh yeah. Moi. :smuggrin: welcome to the zombie group. Brain talk indeed!

Haha hey hey my pissing you off was doing my job :D

brrrrrrainnnn!!! :laugh:

SOV better be makin some sandwiches or something.

l33d630190000_1_29799.jpg

Alright then - peace out biotches! :laugh: I need my rest, so I can study for finals - I will check in tomorrow to cast my lynch vote.

:sleep:

SOV better be makin some sandwiches or something.

Maybe he can spike our sandwiches with a percocet or two :smuggrin:. Hide it in the cheese like I do for my dogs.