Clue WW Official Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If I am giving you a sandwich, you better believe it is gonna be spiked with e-coli or something Santorum..:smuggrin:

I prefer pie

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
never had any of those. Could make for a really interesting approach to cases
I won't say who, but one of our clients is an insanely famous old school quarterback who brings his dogs in when they get a hold of his pot :oops::rolleyes:

I won't say who, but one of our clients is an insanely famous old school quarterback who brings his dogs in when they get a hold of his pot :oops::rolleyes:

We had a client come in one day with an obviously intoxicated dog. They wouldn't tell us because they thought we would report them, but when they finally admitted it, they began singing "because I got high" with lyrics for their dog.

We had a client come in one day with an obviously intoxicated dog. They wouldn't tell us because they thought we would report them, but when they finally admitted it, they began singing "because I got high" with lyrics for their dog.
:shifty:

:smack:

Okay, I'm home from class and can post what happened last night. I'm going to post about the item that I had since 1) I lost it and 2) I have no idea how to interpret the results and would like opinions. Plus, if we know it's out there we can hopefully figure out how to use it to our advantage.

I had the candlestick, which I know is a weapon in the game, but in this game it's used to illuminate (investigate) a room. So I used it, and all I got back was that the room was quiet and I saw nothing happen. So what's everyone's opinions?? I at first thought that it meant the wolf kill didn't come from that room, but that can't be right - there's no way one item would clear an entire room in one night. But maybe the lead wolf isn't in that room?

I think what we really need is for someone to use it on a room and have something actually happen, then it may be easier to figure out what it means and how useful it is. So if you have it, use it and report back!

last year, on 4/20, i made a very amateurish mistake THAT MAY HAVE INVOLVED such things and ended up forgetting to go to school and going to sleep until 2 pm instead, wherein i then woke up and went to the store and got hella pop tarts and chips.

well that's my story

I may have been offered such things in anatomy lab before. Nothing like offering any type of cookie in front of a formaldehyde scented cadaver dog.

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay, I'm home from class and can post what happened last night. I'm going to post about the item that I had since 1) I lost it and 2) I have no idea how to interpret the results and would like opinions. Plus, if we know it's out there we can hopefully figure out how to use it to our advantage.

I had the candlestick, which I know is a weapon in the game, but in this game it's used to illuminate (investigate) a room. So I used it, and all I got back was that the room was quiet and I saw nothing happen. So what's everyone's opinions?? I at first thought that it meant the wolf kill didn't come from that room, but that can't be right - there's no way one item would clear an entire room in one night. But maybe the lead wolf isn't in that room?

I think what we really need is for someone to use it on a room and have something actually happen, then it may be easier to figure out what it means and how useful it is. So if you have it, use it and report back!
I think it just means that nothing happened in that room. When I had the revolver I could use it on a player and choose what room I wanted to corner them in. I bet if I had used it in the same room you used the candlestick in, it would have shown me using the revolver. So I just realized that AKD had a billiard stick in his head and was in the billiard room. Do you guys think that means that the wolf was from the billiard room? Probably just grasping for straws here.

Maybe if you use it on the room where the murder happens, you get to see who did it?

It could mean there is not a wolf in that room, but that seems like a lot of information to gain in a single night (it could clear 4+ people in one night) so I doubt that is what it means.

There aren't enough Clue characters to go around. My character has a celebrity name. Interesting that you didn't know that Mansion Guest=villager since that is what you are told in the PM DVMDream sent the villagers. For now I say
lynch Ivorypolarbear

Like always, I am willing to change my vote if better info comes out.

I am not a wolf. My PM said nothing about 'mansion guest'.

Not going to say you're wrong, but I am going to say that your reasoning is wrong.

I think it just means that nothing happened in that room.

Yeah, I figured that it means nothing happened there. I was just looking for ideas on what it might reveal.

Maybe if you use it on the room where the murder happens, you get to see who did it?

That's a good theory. If that's the case, it wouldn't necessarily reveal a wolf b/c villagers could have a murder weapon. I guess we just need to wait and see what it reveals when something actually happens. I'm just bummed that I had a cool item, it showed me nothing, and then I lost it! Lame.

Not going to say you're wrong, but I am going to say that your reasoning is wrong.

Okay good, I was scared to say something because I thought it would put me at risk somehow, but I can support this statement. I am also NOT a wolf, but my PM also said nothing about being a mansion guest. THIS is why I was so hesitant to jump all over IPB.

It could mean there is not a wolf in that room, but that seems like a lot of information to gain in a single night (it could clear 4+ people in one night) so I doubt that is what it means.

Yeah, that's what I said in my original post - that I really don't think that's what the item does. It wouldn't make any sense.

Okay good, I was scared to say something because I thought it would put me at risk somehow, but I can support this statement. I am also NOT a wolf, but my PM also said nothing about being a mansion guest. THIS is why I was so hesitant to jump all over IPB.
NordiCat and LIS, thank you for pointing this out! This is the exact situation I find myself in.

Sorry I haven't been adding much but I really have no idea right now. If we have a revolver and a candlestick that means the rest of the items are out there too: wrench, rope, lead pipe, and knife. I'm not sure what the other ones do, one probably protects and another silences but I don't know what that leaves for the other two.

Did DVM give you guys the option of passing the item or just use it or not?

Sorry I haven't been adding much but I really have no idea right now. If we have a revolver and a candlestick that means the rest of the items are out there too: wrench, rope, lead pipe, and knife. I'm not sure what the other ones do, one probably protects and another silences but I don't know what that leaves for the other two.

I can confirm the knife exists. Some jerk cut me with it! For whatever reason, I only got cut and not killed. I'm guessing it has a % chance of success, maybe?

About the candlestick--it sounds like it doesn't investigate the people in the room, but the actions that night? Maybe it will tell more if an attack happens.

Since I was just informed I lost my item I will tell you guys what it was. I had a revolver last night. I didn't know what it would do so I didn't use it. I just got a PM that said I misplaced it.

As a potential starting point, here are the items from the board game, per wiki:

Last night I had the lead pipe. It is a protection item - I was asked to give the name of a player that I wanted to protect, if anyone. I have since lost the item.

Thanks for coming forward with that guys. If that's the case unlynch IPB for now.

I did not have the option of passing it on. She just said that I may use it. I told her I didn't want to and then I lost it.

That's a good theory. If that's the case, it wouldn't necessarily reveal a wolf b/c villagers could have a murder weapon. I guess we just need to wait and see what it reveals when something actually happens. I'm just bummed that I had a cool item, it showed me nothing, and then I lost it! Lame.

what do you think about other items/powers? do you think if someone in a room used an item, then it would tell us? like lets say if jjohnston had used it to investigate the kitchen, would it have told her how whoever got moved to the kitchen got moved (sorry i have horrible name memory and i'm too lazy to go back and look)?

what do you think about other items/powers? do you think if someone in a room used an item, then it would tell us? like lets say if jjohnston had used it to investigate the kitchen, would it have told her how whoever got moved to the kitchen got moved (sorry i have horrible name memory and i'm too lazy to go back and look)?

I just remembered that there were "secret passages" in the movie and the game! Maybe there's some way to use a secret passage or an item that makes you use a passage or SOMETHING???

I just remembered that there were "secret passages" in the movie and the game! Maybe there's some way to use a secret passage or an item that makes you use a passage or SOMETHING???

Oh yeah some rooms had a secret way to get to another room, anyone remember which rooms were attached like this? will try and look up

Hello from your friendly neighborhood co-mod :)

Sorry I have been at work and it is crazy! I get off at 2 am CST and will try to get a lynch tally going by then! Do you guys want to move up the lynch deadline to 12 pm cst or so? If not, I am ok with 3 pst (5 cst) dang time zones, but I am off tomorrow so can do the deadline whenever...although just FYI I will probably be sleeping in tomorrow because of the whole working till 2 am thing so please someone keep a vote tally going if you want one before I wake up!

If we move the lynch deadline up, we can probably fit in another night cycle tomorrow too, but up to you guys! Now I'm off to catch up on my 25 new pms! :eek:

He just said to PM him with what room I wanted to use it on. Then I got results, and about an hour after that I left it in that room and it was gone when I returned. There was no option to pass it on.

Just to add to the chorus, I had no option to give mine, either.

Okay, I'm going to try to clear things up a bit. Then on to discussing weapons!

Sounds like 'Mansion Guest' is a villager. It's confusing, though, because I assumed that since this is Clue the roles would be Professor Plum, Mrs. White, etc. :confused::confused: Is that not true and Ryan is a role?
There aren't enough Clue characters to go around. My character has a celebrity name. Interesting that you didn't know that Mansion Guest=villager since that is what you are told in the PM DVMDream sent the villagers. For now I say
lynch Ivorypolarbear

Like always, I am willing to change my vote if better info comes out.
This is the first place where suspicion of me was stated, and reading it over it does look bad. First, It's now really obvious to me that I've gotten some of my WW vocab mixed up. I know that there are wolves and villagers. Some have special powers, which is what I thought 'role' meant. If you were a villager with special powers, you were a role. If not, you were just a villager. The same goes for wolves. It looks like that is not the case, and you all seem to consider everyone a role. Some people just have a role with special powers. I think that is what Lissa is saying when she says "There aren't enough Clue characters to go around. My character has a celebrity name." So when I was asking if Ryan had special powers, that is not what you guys were reading. If I'm wrong, please let me know!

Second, LIS and NordiCat have both pointed out that lack of 'mansion guest' does not mean evil. I am a villager, and if you lynch me you will lose a useful player.

Ok found it, this doesn't explain cuit's move so I don't know if it means anything

Conservatory and Lounge
Kitchen and Study

damn so it looks like the items get moved around everyday. that means we can't strategize on how to make it useful over time unless multiple people cooperate. but at the same time, it's advantageous because then people can give out information they've gleamed from their item the next day since they won't have it anymore

Yes! Kitchen is definitely one, I can remember that now. Maybe that's how cuit got there.

Okay, I'm going to try to clear things up a bit. Then on to discussing weapons!

This is the first place where suspicion of me was stated, and reading it over it does look bad. First, It's now really obvious to me that I've gotten some of my WW vocab mixed up. I know that there are wolves and villagers. Some have special powers, which is what I thought 'role' meant. If you were a villager with special powers, you were a role. If not, you were just a villager. The same goes for wolves. It looks like that is not the case, and you all seem to consider everyone a role. Some people just have a role with special powers. I think that is what Lissa is saying when she says "There aren't enough Clue characters to go around. My character has a celebrity name." So when I was asking if Ryan had special powers, that is not what you guys were reading. If I'm wrong, please let me know!

Second, LIS and NordiCat have both pointed out that lack of 'mansion guest' does not mean evil. I am a villager, and if you lynch me you will lose a useful player.
See my post above.

I wonder if a wolf has to be in the same room to kill a person? The board game made you be in the room to make an accusation, didn't it?

Yes it did. I also think the right weapon had to be there too, though I don't know how that would work. Maybe it has to be in the right hands?

I wonder if a wolf has to be in the same room to kill a person? The board game made you be in the room to make an accusation, didn't it?
Sort of, yes. On your turn, you have to be in the room you were suggesting. You can suggest any weapon, and any person. The person you suggest is pulled into the room with you if they aren't there already. To make an accusation (to end the game) you can be anywhere on the board and say anything. Nothing gets moved, you just find out if you are correct or not.

kitchen to study and conservatory to lounge

iiiinteresting. i wonder how you get to go through these secret passages. i'm in the conservatory, and i haven't heard anything about any secret passage. i wonder if you get silenced afterwards, since cuit hasn't said anything about it right? does anyone in the kitchen or study know anything?

iiiinteresting. i wonder how you get to go through these secret passages. i'm in the conservatory, and i haven't heard anything about any secret passage. i wonder if you get silenced afterwards, since cuit hasn't said anything about it right? does anyone in the kitchen or study know anything?
Have PMed Cuitl but got nothing back, but she hasn't posted in 10 hours so more likely busy than silenced, although can't discount it.

None of knows anything about passageways (as far as I have been told anyway).

So.... don't thank me yet, because now I'm going to ask some questions. :)

So.

1) You didn't know mansion guest was villager. That implies your PM didn't say mansion guest.

2) You said you assumed that role characters were Plumb, White, etc.

3) If you aren't a villager and also are not a wolf, then you would know there are characters not named Plumb, White, etc.

4) If you don't know about mansion guests and think all role characters are Plumb, White, etc., that suggests you have one of those names.

We don't really know those people exist (good assumption, I think). Nor do we know they are wolves (a reasonable assumption, maybe).

So while I think Lissa's original thinking may have been not quite right, I'm not at all convinced she didn't have the right target.

If my train of thought is wrong, please correct it.

Last edited:
I'm in the Study and haven't been told anything about any secret passages.