Cornell University c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What time was that at? Also congrats!
The initial call was around 2:45 and the follow-up call after I called back was around 6:50. From what I can tell, the person who calls you is in some way related to your application. My boyfriend's person talked about eagle scouts and my person was a small animal community vet (I noted a lot of interest in shelter med on my application).

Members don't see this ad.

The initial call was around 2:45 and the follow-up call after I called back was around 6:50. From what I can tell, the person who calls you is in some way related to your application. My boyfriend's person talked about eagle scouts and my person was a small animal community vet (I noted a lot of interest in shelter med on my application).
Well in that case, I should be hearing from the small animal emergency vet later tonight after midnight when there's a break between patients :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS accepted peeps, where are you from?
I'm from Massachusetts and went to UMass Amherst!
I’m from Washington but did my undergrad in California! West coast represent!

Reactions: 1 user
I am IS and didn't get a call. I'm so bummed. Hoping for waitlist:( Congrats to everyone who got in!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
In order to make myself feel better for not getting a call I went and bought myself a squishmallow😂

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Also IS and didn't get a call 😓
Guess it's whole shots of tequila instead of margaritas tonight.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
A what now?
image.jpg

This

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
alright so now that i've had some time to calm down about my acceptance, im kinda thinking about my phone call from yesterday. the guy on the phone said he was from cornell and he was looking to speak with dana_may_b and basically, i just started balling my eyes out and saying stuff like "oh my gosh you have no idea how much this means to me, this is the most important phone call of my life, thank you so so so much" and all of my coworkers rushed over and started hugging me and i was basically crying too much to even form coherent sentences at that point. it was such a stressful day with emergency surgeries (i work at a vet clinic) and the stress of waiting for the call, that i really had a bit of a breakdown hahaha. well i came to realize that i must have hung up on him or he hung up on me after a few minutes of hugs and happy tears from my coworkers. i'm feeling kinda bad now that i completely cut the guy off, didnt even let him finish his "congratulations" and then ended the call. do you guys think this will reflect poorly on me? they wont rescind an acceptance over a phone call right? i'm in between laughing about how much of a mess i was and having anxiety about my acceptance.

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
alright so now that i've had some time to calm down about my acceptance, im kinda thinking about my phone call from yesterday. the guy on the phone said he was from cornell and he was looking to speak with dana_may_b and basically, i just started balling my eyes out and saying stuff like "oh my gosh you have no idea how much this means to me, this is the most important phone call of my life, thank you so so so much" and all of my coworkers rushed over and started hugging me and i was basically crying too much to even form coherent sentences at that point. it was such a stressful day with emergency surgeries (i work at a vet clinic) and the stress of waiting for the call, that i really had a bit of a breakdown hahaha. well i came to realize that i must have hung up on him or he hung up on me after a few minutes of hugs and happy tears from my coworkers. i'm feeling kinda bad now that i completely cut the guy off, didnt even let him finish his "congratulations" and then ended the call. do you guys think this will reflect poorly on me? they wont rescind an acceptance over a phone call right? i'm in between laughing about how much of a mess i was and having anxiety about my acceptance.
Hahaha of course not! They won't take your acceptance away, no. The person I talked to said that hearing people reacting to their acceptances is his favorite part of the job. I'm sure it gave your caller a bit of a giggle and a "wow, she must really want to go here."

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Hahaha of course not! They won't take your acceptance away, no. The person I talked to said that hearing people reacting to their acceptances is his favorite part of the job. I'm sure it gave your caller a bit of a giggle and a "wow, she must really want to go here."
ok thank you so much hahaha i hope he got a good laugh out of it! and congrats on your acceptance too!!!!!!

• Love
IS Acceptance Here! Received my call at 1:22 pm EST yesterday. Has anyone who has been accepted received an official acceptance letter via email yet?
I got my IS acceptance call yesterday as well and I haven't gotten an email yet. Slightly paranoid that I somehow imagined that phone call lol

• Haha
You have nothing to worry about! And congratulations :cat:

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I know it's a long shot, but I'm dying to know if I got a waitlist spot. Cornell is my IS and my dream school. Anyone know when they will update our portals/send an email with the pin?

Reactions: 2 users
I know it's a long shot, but I'm dying to know if I got a waitlist spot. Cornell is my IS and my dream school. Anyone know when they will update our portals/send an email with the pin?
I checked last year's thread and it looks like pins got sent out around 10:30 the day after they called! so hopefully we'll hear soon

I just missed a phone call from a New York area code, but the line was busy when I called back. Probably just spam, but gosh I hope I’m wrong.

I just missed a phone call from a New York area code, but the line was busy when I called back. Probably just spam, but gosh I hope I’m wrong.
Fingers crossed for you!

They just updated the portals!

Anyone else who did not get a phone call also not get an email with a pin?

Reactions: 3 users
I got an email with a pin! OOS alternate

• Love
OOS alternate! I wonder how big the alternate list is?

• Love
I can't say with certainty, no, but I think 15 calls in a day seems doable? I was just trying to run the numbers
I know this is late and some people have gotten called yesterday, but remember that some of the admissions committee have daytime jobs, which is why their calling might be delayed. Congrats everyone and for those waitlisted, you might still be admitted :) have hope

OOS alternate!!! Best news I've gotten all week lol fingers crossed for everyone on the alternate list and huge congrats to everyone accepted!

• Love
OOS alternate. Does anyone know how big the alternate list is? And what's the chance of getting off the list?

• Love
Mine hasn’t changed and I didn’t get an email so looks like I’m out. Have fun, everyone!

Does anyone know how long the alternate list normally is??

From last year’s thread it didn’t seem like it moved that much

From last year’s thread it didn’t seem like it moved that much
I think it just depends on who was accepted that year and if those accepted had better/more affordable opportunities available So you never know! I would keep being hopeful because I sure as hell will be!!!!

Does anyone know if we can find out our position on the waitlist? I know a lot of schools don't give out that information but figured I'd throw it out there anyway

No call or email so far.
This week has been driving me crazy :cryi:

I didn't get an email but I don't even see where on the document tracking page you can put a pin in...
Edit: Lol nevermind, just got an email. OOS rejected.