You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Des Moines University (DMU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017
Started by AlteredScale
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Secondary received!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got the complete email Friday and in the email they said it can take up to 60 days to hear about IIs.Anyone know when we can expect IIs from DMU?
Yeah I got that email last week. Hopefully they start soon, this school looks like it has a beautiful campus
Looking at last years thread and the first batch of IIs went out on 7/28. So hopefully we will hear soon!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
+1 completeI got the complete email Friday and in the email they said it can take up to 60 days to hear about IIs.
Would anyone be willing to read over my secondary response?
PM me
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
How long after being verified did everyone get their secondary? 🙂
About 4 days for me! Submitted 7/8.
thanks girlAbout 4 days for me!
.
Last edited:
100% false.
I was accepted without ever shadowing a DO or having any specific experience with a DO. Only experience I had was meeting our team ortho at my undergrad who was a DO. Never shadowed him or anything.
But did you have rural care shadowing experience? I think my situation may be different in that I don't have either DO nor rural.
If I am conversationally fluent in another language, is that worth putting down for the language question on the secondary? Haha, I wouldn't say I'm as fluent as I am in English, but I can speak and understand enough of another language and I can also translate for my parents.
I think that is worth putting down.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
But did you have rural care shadowing experience? I think my situation may be different in that I don't have either DO nor rural.
I didn't have rural shadowing experience. I'm from the suburbs of Chicago and where I went to college wouldn't be considered rural.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
II Invite! OOS LizzyM 74.5.
I don't have time to look at the dates yet but I'll post when I do. Excited to visit!!!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I don't have time to look at the dates yet but I'll post when I do. Excited to visit!!!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
II Invite! OOS LizzyM 74.5.
I don't have time to look at the dates yet but I'll post when I do. Excited to visit!!!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Congrats! When were you complete?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Complete July 12. Looks like the first dates available are Aug 18, 24, and 25.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Edit: 18, 25, and 26... Oops
Hmm. People started receiving IIs 10 minutes ago, and I haven't gotten mine yet?
Time to break out the tums.
I loled at this
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Congrats! When were you complete/stats if you don't mind sharing?Holy crap, just got an II for DMU! So excited!
Congrats! When were you complete/stats if you don't mind sharing?
Thanks! Turned in the app 7/11, complete 7/14. 3.56 cGPA, 3.44sGPA, 516 MCAT.
Congrats as well! Mind sharing stats? Trying to get an idea of where I stand, they seem to be sticking to the high stats so far.II here as well! Complete mid-July.
I'll give ranges to retain some anonymity: MCAT 514-519, GPA 3.6-3.8Congrats as well! Mind sharing stats? Trying to get an idea of where I stand, they seem to be sticking to the high stats so far.
@Gingy @mouster @gertlush Did you guys get a complete application email or just the secondary complete? I'm getting nervous
@Gingy @mouster @gertlush Did you guys get a complete application email or just the secondary complete? I'm getting nervous
I got: an email saying that they got my primary/wanted me to complete the secondary, an email saying that my application was complete/under review ("we have received all components of your app"), and then I got the interview email. Dates: July 11, July 14, and July 28th, respectively. However, with the "complete" email they did send me a thing stating that they had 60 days to make a decision on me, and not to check the portal before then.
I got: an email saying that they got my primary/wanted me to complete the secondary, an email saying that my application was complete/under review ("we have received all components of your app"), and then I got the interview email. Dates: July 11, July 14, and July 28th, respectively. However, with the "complete" email they did send me a thing stating that they had 60 days to make a decision on me, and not to check the portal before then.
Aw crap i only got a "We got your secondary" and haven't got the "complete email".
I better follow up thanks a lot 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@Gingy @mouster @gertlush Did you guys get a complete application email or just the secondary complete? I'm getting nervous
I also received a supplemental received (7/11) email AND a application complete email (7/12). It was a quick turn around for me.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
No worries! Did you send your letters through AACOMAS or something else? I sent mine through AACOMAS and I feel like that contributed to the fast turn-around.Aw crap i only got a "We got your secondary" and haven't got the "complete email".
I better follow up thanks a lot 🙂
II today!!
Complete email 7/12
Complete email 7/12
What @gertlush and @mouster said!@Gingy @mouster @gertlush Did you guys get a complete application email or just the secondary complete? I'm getting nervous
No worries! Did you send your letters through AACOMAS or something else? I sent mine through AACOMAS and I feel like that contributed to the fast turn-around.
Same we'll see I sent an email just to make sure
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Time to worry you didn't get an II in 3...2....1....
In all seriousness, congrats guys!
In all seriousness, congrats guys!
Thank for this! Just curious as to if you have some insight into their process, do you think they begin with the higher stats and work their way down regardless of submission date? Because all the IIs I have seen so far have had top notch mcats or gpa. ThanksHey folks, congrats to those of you interviewing in the near future. To the others, no reason to worry if you submitted your app around a similar time. You might be e-mailed on day 40 or even day 60 from receiving your first e-mail.
When I was applying the real high stats went early August. I think most often this tends to be the people that receive scholarships too, though don't hold me to that. Just going off of my own knowledge. To answer your question as to if they work their way down from there, my answer is most likely not. You'll have people with a range of GPA and MCAT scores in your interviews.Thank for this! Just curious as to if you have some insight into their process, do you think they begin with the higher stats and work their way down regardless of submission date? Because all the IIs I have seen so far have had top notch mcats or gpa. Thanks
Last edited:
Thank you!When I was applying the real high stats went early August. I think most often this tends to be the people that receive scholarships too, though don't hold me to that. Just going off of my own knowledge. To answer your question as to if they work their way down from there, my answer is most likely not. You'll have people with a range of GPA and MCAT scores in your interviews.
No problem. The school is exceptional. Good luck on your app process, and feel free to PM me with questions you come across.Thank you!
Congrats! Just now? and do you mind sharing stats?II here.
Congrats! Just now? and do you mind sharing stats?
In their sig:
They are a re-applicant w/ 31 | cGPA: 3.5 | sGPA: 3.4.
Very close to my stats. It's going to be a looooong weekend.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When were you complete?II here as well yesterday! LizzyM ~72-73
I got the email saying I was complete yesterday. I don't know how or why but I got my II the same day in the evening.When were you complete?
Interesting. When did you hand in your secondary?I got the email saying I was complete yesterday. I don't know how or why but I got my II the same day in the evening.
II here as well yesterday! LizzyM ~72-73
I got the email saying I was complete yesterday. I don't know how or why but I got my II the same day in the evening.
I think I know why 😉
Congrats on the II!
7/23Interesting. When did you hand in your secondary?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 177
- Views
- 61K
- Replies
- 601
- Views
- 159K
- Replies
- 855
- Views
- 184K
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 232K