2022-2023 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I called last week and they are not currently sending anymore invites. They said the last interviews are being held this week.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I was told back in January my application is “on hold” and I basically asked what that means and they responded my application will be reviewed “in the coming months” but they will continue reviewing even after interviews are over, which doesn’t really make sense.

I took it as a soft R.

Hoping to hear news this week! Think it’s been almost 5 weeks since any decisions were given out?

Members don't see this ad :)
When they say to give them 4-6 weeks for a final decision, is that 4-6 weeks from Kira date or 4-6 weeks from group interview date? Also, do they usually stick to the timeline they give you or is this another LECOM-type situation lol

When they say to give them 4-6 weeks for a final decision, is that 4-6 weeks from Kira date or 4-6 weeks from group interview date? Also, do they usually stick to the timeline they give you or is this another LECOM-type situation lol
From the group interview. Also they say 4-6 weeks generally. People have heard back in 2 weeks this year but recently, I don’t think they have released decisions from the end of Feb interviews yet even so it is taking a little longer atm. I don’t think they’ve ever exceeded 6 weeks.

From the group interview. Also they say 4-6 weeks generally. People have heard back in 2 weeks this year but recently, I don’t think they have released decisions from the end of Feb interviews yet even so it is taking a little longer atm. I don’t think they’ve ever exceeded 6 weeks.
Yes! I noticed that people were hearing back much sooner than the 4-6 week timeframe provided. That's what made me think they might've meant 4-6 weeks from the Kira interview :). Thanks!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Same! Is there any way to show interest? This is my top program 🫢😭
Hello! Current third year who was on the waitlist from early September 2019 through mid-July 2020. I sent a couple of letters of intent (both had updates) after the quartiles were released. Once the quartiles come out you will have a better idea of where you stand on the list although it is impossible to know how many people on the waitlist they will get through. Some years they have gone through the third quartile and other years they didn't even get through the first. My advice is to be patient and trust that everything is going to workout the way it is meant to. If you have any questions feel free to reach out :)

Reactions: 2 users
just received the continued interest email. Looks like quartiles are coming out next week!

just received the continued interest email. Looks like quartiles are coming out next week!
For past students or anyone who knows, do they typically wrap up decisions on current acceptances before sending out WL rankings

Members don't see this ad :)
I had my group interview on Feb 24 and got A on March 3

Just got my decision. But also, how do you find out where you are on the waitlist?

I know exact quartiles haven't been released, but can I expect that "Your position within the Alternate List guarantees that you will be considered if space becomes available" means I'm top quartile?

I know exact quartiles haven't been released, but can I expect that "Your position within the Alternate List guarantees that you will be considered if space becomes available" means I'm top quartile?
I also had this in my email. Does everyone get this?

I also had this in my email. Does everyone get this?
I think everyone on the waitlist gets it no? I did receive a secondary email stating "designated as high priority within our alternate list." Not sure if that is a wink and a nod to my possible tier tho.

Reactions: 1 users
I think everyone on the waitlist gets it no? I did receive a secondary email stating "designated as high priority within our alternate list." Not sure if that is a wink and a nod to my possible tier tho.
when did you get this email?

You guys got wl decisions for March already? I didn't hear anything yet. Should I be worried

Last edited:
Did it say anything about you being high priority?

Also: I got first quartile just now!

Has anyone received an A recently or has it been just WL updates

Anyone have a general idea of waitlist movement here in previous years?

First year here. Just wanted to pop in and say that a lot of my friend group was accepted off the WL last year in May and June. Hope is alive for all of you. Best of luck!

got another complete email asking if i was still interested in the school.... arent they done interviewing?

• Hmm
I was placed on the alternate list today. Is that their version of the waitlist or is it something else entirely?

I'm still waiting for their decision , I interviewed on 3/23 has anyone heard back from that date? Should I be contacting them if it's been over 4 weeks?

I'm still waiting for their decision , I interviewed on 3/23 has anyone heard back from that date? Should I be contacting them if it's been over 4 weeks?

I believe their email said the decision should take up to 6 weeks after your file being complete I.e. after group interview. If it’s been significantly longer than that, maybe you can reach out and see what’s up?