2022-2023 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
The academic calendar lists Winter Break as December 23 - January 1.
The term dates, however, list December 8 as being last day of Fall term and January 2 as being first day of Spring term.
So is Winter Break 1 week or 3.5 weeks?
Asking because I'm trying to plan travel and book flights ASAP.

The academic calendar lists Winter Break as December 23 - January 1.
The term dates, however, list December 8 as being last day of Fall term and January 2 as being first day of Spring term.
So is Winter Break 1 week or 3.5 weeks?
Asking because I'm trying to plan travel and book flights ASAP.
Look at your outlook calendar. The week after the term ends is retest week. If you don’t retest then it’s an extra week off.

Nada. I know of 2 other people that got accepted from these late interviews though
Did they both get accepted on the same day or different days? Trying to see if maybe acceptances were sent in a batch

Last edited:
Got accepted recently, interviewed with the last 3 sessions, scrambling for housing
There is lots of housing availability in DSM and things can move as fast as you want them to! Speaking from experience :). Many places will give video tours via FaceTime or Zoom as well. Additionally, there are a few places that will give you a few months lease, if you want to move here and have a place to stay for just a few months, and spend some time looking for some good housing once you are already here.

I wonder if anyone from the recent interviews has received a rejection? Or does DMU ghost
I would assume (emphasis on assume), unless they just totally didn’t like you, if you interviewed in one of the late batches you were auto placed on the alternate list.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got put on alternate list with a confirmed seat for next year on Friday. :((
Ooo that's interesting though. At least you don't have to worry about reapplying, and you have a whole year to yourself essentially. Did you receive any text messages about still being interested before you got that email?

For current students - Are exams primarily online or in person? If there are exams on Friday, can those be taken remotely, or do we have to appear in person? I'm trying to plan some travel as well and wanted to ask since I've seen different medical schools administer exams both in person and remotely since covid

For current students - Are exams primarily online or in person? If there are exams on Friday, can those be taken remotely, or do we have to appear in person? I'm trying to plan some travel as well and wanted to ask since I've seen different medical schools administer exams both in person and remotely since covid
Exams are online but in-person

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone have any interview advice? The interview seems short since it is only an hour, and I am wondering if we are expected to talk about our app and expeirnces/MMI style/what will go on!

Does anyone have any interview advice? The interview seems short since it is only an hour, and I am wondering if we are expected to talk about our app and expeirnces/MMI style/what will go on!
Be yourself 😊 don’t overthink it

Reactions: 1 user