Des Moines University (DMU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I called like two weeks ago about them releasing more interview dates as my days are taken in September... and they said they would in a few days. Still no more dates :/ Anyone else waiting on October or later dates?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Seems like they're getting towards the end of July/beginning of August applications. I was complete around 8/1. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Anyone complete after 8/1 get an update yet?
 
@t5Nitro @almostnever Have either of you heard anything (good or bad) about the Wisconsin rotation sites? Also, I'm not sure if it's already been stated, but doesn't anyone know anything about the interview:acceptance ratio? 2 weeks out from my interview and super excited!!


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
@t5Nitro @almostnever Have either of you heard anything (good or bad) about the Wisconsin rotation sites? Also, I'm not sure if it's already been stated, but doesn't anyone know anything about the interview:acceptance ratio? 2 weeks out from my interview and super excited!!


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Current third year at one of the Wisconsin sites, PM me for more info


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@t5Nitro @almostnever Have either of you heard anything (good or bad) about the Wisconsin rotation sites? Also, I'm not sure if it's already been stated, but doesn't anyone know anything about the interview:acceptance ratio? 2 weeks out from my interview and super excited!!


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
They added a bunch of WI yearlong rotations around the Milwaukee area last year. It looks like showtimekaner might be your best info for that if s/he is going there/is already there. I thought the hospitals in that area were good, but I'll let the other user give you input on that one.

If I remember correctly (in my experience), most DO programs interview ~700, accept ~300-400 and then a fraction of those matriculate. I'm not sure of the exact numbers.

Current third year at one of the Wisconsin sites, PM me for more info


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
@t5Nitro @almostnever Have either of you heard anything (good or bad) about the Wisconsin rotation sites? Also, I'm not sure if it's already been stated, but doesn't anyone know anything about the interview:acceptance ratio? 2 weeks out from my interview and super excited!!


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I can't speak to WI rotation site quality (as I have no experience with them) but as far as interviewing...at least half of the people in my interview group are now my classmates!

I know this is hard to think about but don't stress for this interview!!! People told me that before mine and I thought they were crazy (I mean, getting into med school is on the line; how could I not be stressed?!). DMU has the most chill interview day ever. If you think it's hard, that's probably an issue. The interviewers really do care and will ask you questions based on your personal application.

Good luck to you all with interviews coming up! I've already been seeing lots of penguins (everyone seems to wear a white shirt and black suit) flooding through the buildings!
 
waitlisted pre-interview, has anyone had further success with this school following a pre-interview waitlist? Thanks
stats: 505, 3.6
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad