Disney WW Official Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm between BlackDog who I started suspecting a little last night, and Hedgiehog still. No on has said "I am a villager with no items" more than hedgie...

I just kept saying it because everyone kept doubting me and voting for me. I didn't know what else to do other than say I'm a villager. I mean I gave up my detailed lists of all the voting patterns including those who were online but still didn't vote. I also detailed my very flawed strategy for determining who could be a wolf. Let's be real if I was a wolf or had any sort of investigative power would I honestly sit and refresh SDN every half hour and check every player to see if they were online? No, it's super pathetic for a villager but it's just stupid for a wolf who knows the identity of the other wolves and can coerce info out of their group to determine who can investigate to waste an entire weekend checking out what other random people on the internet are doing.

Now that I've made myself sound like a crazy loser I just want to say I'm really not (although I do live in the basement so...). I was sick all weekend so I was in bed with the laptop anyways. I just feel the need to keep clarifying I'm not weird and socially inept in real life after stating my horrible strategy for this game :laugh:.
 
Having the compass allows the person to avoid being investigated. I was hoping if someone in my group had special abilities that I could give it to them (if Lissa allowed) so that the wolves would not discover them.

This almost seems like it would be an item more useful to a wolf. If we assume that investigative powers only go to villagers, then only a wolf has something to hide. Being secretive about roles is only to keep that info away from the wolves and unless an investigator is sharing info with uninvestigated characters, then it's more of a benefit than a problem.

What if you lost the compass after someone tried to investigate you, but it only can be used once to avoid interrogation. This seems fishy to me....
 
👍

I've heard it a lot in PMs, too.

I don't wanna say I believe she is a wolf, but maybe it's a newbie wolf who is trying really hard to convince others that she isn't one.

Dyachei also said she was a villager in the pms and in the thread and guess what she turned out to be? You've said that you don't have any items several times in pms. Should I doubt that now just because you've repeated it on multiple occasions. I would say that in real life I'm a very trusting person and I'm definitely the same person online. In both cases it's gotten me in to trouble but that's okay. I learn from it and move on. You are more than welcome to believe what you want. If you chose to lynch me I will be vindicated and the wolves will be one step closer to defeating the villagers since you will be down one more innocent.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Exactly CFC, in the last game I was a wolf and could avoid detection half the time. A power or item to avoid detection is only useful for a wolf, no one else needs to avoid investigation. Although it still seems strange to me that a compass (an item normally to help you find something) is to help you avoid detection...just weird all around bc we know kaydubs was a villager, so why would she have it in the first place??
 
It was Kakurubird that had the compass originally when he/she was killed, not Kaydubs. But we also discovered that she was a villager as well. Unless she was a hybrid?
 
This almost seems like it would be an item more useful to a wolf. If we assume that investigative powers only go to villagers, then only a wolf has something to hide. Being secretive about roles is only to keep that info away from the wolves and unless an investigator is sharing info with uninvestigated characters, then it's more of a benefit than a problem.

What if you lost the compass after someone tried to investigate you, but it only can be used once to avoid interrogation. This seems fishy to me....

I'm not sure how the roles in this game will actually turn out but in SOV's game wolves could also be sniffers or investigators. I'm not certain that we can just naturally assume that the wolves can't investigate. I wonder if you can hold two items at one time. In that case the compass would be beneficial to a villager because they could avoid their extra item being discovered by a wolf.
 
Dyachei also said she was a villager in the pms and in the thread and guess what she turned out to be? You've said that you don't have any items several times in pms. Should I doubt that now just because you've repeated it on multiple occasions. I would say that in real life I'm a very trusting person and I'm definitely the same person online. In both cases it's gotten me in to trouble but that's okay. I learn from it and move on. You are more than welcome to believe what you want. If you chose to lynch me I will be vindicated and the wolves will be one step closer to defeating the villagers since you will be down one more innocent.


I only said that's what it could mean. I never said that you were actually lying, but that it definitely could be a strategy/attempt to hide what you really are.

I also don't know why you think I would try to get you mauled. I have made clear more than once, who is on my suspect list right now. I'm just trying to show everyone that I do consider what every person does when trying to figure out who is is who.
 
Exactly CFC, in the last game I was a wolf and could avoid detection half the time. A power or item to avoid detection is only useful for a wolf, no one else needs to avoid investigation. Although it still seems strange to me that a compass (an item normally to help you find something) is to help you avoid detection...just weird all around bc we know kaydubs was a villager, so why would she have it in the first place??

Actually, I think kakurubird had the compass, but it doesn't change anything since they were both innocent. You're right though, what if Blackdog is making this up to throw us off her trail? I'm still going to hold off on voting though, there's too much going on. I want to believe some of the things MB said, but it's a lot to just go on.
 
It was Kakurubird that had the compass originally when he/she was killed, not Kaydubs. But we also discovered that she was a villager as well. Unless she was a hybrid?

I think that if Kakurubird was a hybrid that Lissarae would have said so. She's mentioned all the items that the killed had so why wouldn't she mention if someone was a hybrid.
 
I only said that's what it could mean. I never said that you were actually lying, but that it definitely could be a strategy/attempt to hide what you really are.

I also don't know why you think I would try to get you mauled. I have made clear more than once, who is on my suspect list right now. I'm just trying to show everyone that I do consider what every person does when trying to figure out who is is who.

I don't necessarily think that you're trying to get me mauled but you have voiced your suspicions of me. Emiloo4 has as well. I know how the band wagon works. Last night most of the Aladdin group voted for me after Emiloo4 did. I'm just saying in general to anyone who want to maul me that it'll show that I have been truthful the entire time about my status.
 
I really don't think hedgiehog is a wolf. And I was one who raised suspicions. Her motives emulate mine, and she's too obsessive compulsive with her actions 🙂 those are just my thoughts. What she has written here isn't particularly wolfy resounding to me.
 
I'm starting to get suspicious of everybody. And if people are really going to follow me again, it would be someone else they'd vote for.
 
This almost seems like it would be an item more useful to a wolf. If we assume that investigative powers only go to villagers, then only a wolf has something to hide. Being secretive about roles is only to keep that info away from the wolves and unless an investigator is sharing info with uninvestigated characters, then it's more of a benefit than a problem.

What if you lost the compass after someone tried to investigate you, but it only can be used once to avoid interrogation. This seems fishy to me....

i agree with this CFC.

i'm still catching up all the posts from the weekend (and this game is moving FAST!) so i'll probably hold off on voting till later tonight.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Actually, I think kakurubird had the compass, but it doesn't change anything since they were both innocent. You're right though, what if Blackdog is making this up to throw us off her trail? I'm still going to hold off on voting though, there's too much going on. I want to believe some of the things MB said, but it's a lot to just go on.

That's true unless one of us villagers has the compass now no one can verify if what black dog is saying is true. There's also no way to prove that black dog ever had the compass. Did they mention it to any of the dwarves before posting it on the main thread? It seems quite counter-intuitive that a compass would prevent someone from asking about your role. I would've thought it would allow you to ask about the role of a player.
 
I really don't think hedgiehog is a wolf. And I was one who raised suspicions. Her motives emulate mine, and she's too obsessive compulsive with her actions 🙂 those are just my thoughts. What she has written here isn't particularly wolfy resounding to me.

I've heard people use the term obsessive compulsive used to describe me before. Usually it's in a psychiatrist's office :laugh:.
 
Timon be all up in this thread. Now Timon's going to go take a nap because her little lions kept jumping on her in the middle of the night and screaming in her face. Apparently night time is for playing with kittens not sleeping. Consequently I got 2 hours of sleep last night and my brain is fuzzy. I shall return later for the vote.
 
do we have a villager with a "seer" role in this game? if we don't and if there is the compass item, wouldn't it be helpful for the villager to have a compass to find out who's a wolf by investigating them? while i agree with what CFC said about the compass being valuable to a wolf if it prevents you from being investigated, since a villager actually had the compass maybe they were killed by the wolves bc they revealed they had it to a wolf (or wolves) unknowingly and that villager was killed to prevent them from finding the wolves?
 
i have NO idea who to vote for today:scared:.

however, I am confused why someone would have a compass to avoid investigation, unless you are a wolf, then I can see potential. That being said, someone obviously has to have investigatory roles (hence why a wolf would need a compass in the first place so that they are discovered)

So, did minnerbelle died from a wolf attack or she died from her poison apple? (i.e. did minnerbelle say she was going to eat her apple herself so she would be silenced and then it backfired? Or am i misreading this entirely)

hmmm, tricky tricky
 
Then in that case, there's a wolf in Pocahontas.

That is the reason why I am hesitant on mauling NStarz.
If some of you truly believe that there is one wolf per group and NStarz turns out to be an innocent, I have NO way of convincing people that I am not a wolf.
 
i have NO idea who to vote for today:scared:.

however, I am confused why someone would have a compass to avoid investigation, unless you are a wolf, then I can see potential. That being said, someone obviously has to have investigatory roles (hence why a wolf would need a compass in the first place so that they are discovered)

So, did minnerbelle died from a wolf attack or she died from her poison apple? (i.e. did minnerbelle say she was going to eat her apple herself so she would be silenced and then it backfired? Or am i misreading this entirely)

hmmm, tricky tricky
i durno, maybe MB just got killed off because she revealed so much of what she knows/thinks about the other players? she already stated in her post that she will probably get killed off and doesn't care about it if she does. i feel like she was probably just an easy target for the wolves.
 
Why is that? Sorry if I'm not following right.. Maybe I missed something, but why would that mean there has to be one in Pocahontas?

😕

Well if the pug had the compass at the moment, and she died bc of owning it, then she must have told someone about it. She can only converse with people from her group. I.e she told a wolf in her group by mistake.

What do you all think?
 
i durno, maybe MB just got killed off because she revealed so much of what she knows/thinks about the other players? she already stated in her post that she will probably get killed off and doesn't care about it if she does. i feel like she was probably just an easy target for the wolves.


That's what I thought. She said a lot of things and accused several people, which I think is the reason she got killed.
 
Well if the pug had the compass at the moment, and she died bc of owning it, then she must have told someone about it. She can only converse with people from her group. I.e she told a wolf in her group by mistake.

What do you all think?


Oh, ok. Now I see what you mean. That does make sense. Thanks for explaining that.
 
Well if the pug had the compass at the moment, and she died bc of owning it, then she must have told someone about it. She can only converse with people from her group. I.e she told a wolf in her group by mistake.

What do you all think?
that could be very good reasoning! Kakurubird was a noob to the game, right?! So maybe a wily wolf asked what people had or if they had special abilities and she trusted her group members and revealed what she had an what it did? But how does someone "get" the compass. Obviously killing her didnt mean that someone in the group got the compass (Lissa posts that the compass was "lost", unless someone has found it). So I am curious about the topic of who gets the item when someone possessing an item is killed?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
that could be very good reasoning! Kakurubird was a noob to the game, right?! So maybe a wily wolf asked what people had or if they had special abilities and she trusted her group members and revealed what she had an what it did? But how does someone "get" the compass. Obviously killing her didnt mean that someone in the group got the compass (Lissa posts that the compass was "lost", unless someone has found it). So I am curious about the topic of who gets the item when someone possessing an item is killed?

Kakurubird did not tell me that she had an item.
 
Of course this is all theory, and I don't want to kill more villagers. But it's the best I got.
 
I also want to clarify that BlackDog has never mentioned--at least to me--that she had an item. She also has never asked me of my role. I was the first one in my group to bring up the poison apple role after what happened to Trem, although I didn't exactly want anyone to speak up in case one of our group members is a wolf. I didn't know MB was going to commit character suicide that way...she had mentioned to us she would be busy today but free the rest of the week (barring any unforseen kitty badness). That indicated to me that she still wanted to play, but maybe things changed over night.

I don't know if BlackDog was able to coherce MB into telling her her role and then (if BlackDog is a wolf) killed MB. I don't know who I can trust. :scared:
 
So. At the moment:

I am suspicious of:

Nstarz (she's way too cute. And raccoons are rascally things. Good coverup. Oh yeah. My theory. Of course)

Blackdog: story is kinda wishy washy

LIS: he definitely hasn't been of any help. Even when he does mention stuff (from what I can recall

Anyone from Aladdin: absolutely no killing?? Whatsoever?!?!
 
Do people really think there is a wolf in every single group? I think that would be a bit too obvious. Too easy to figure out what to focus on once a few wolves are killed.
 
Do people really think there is a wolf in every single group? I think that would be a bit too obvious. Too easy to figure out what to focus on once a few wolves are killed.

No I do not. That means either you or hedgiehog is a wolf or me and scuttle.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do people really think there is a wolf in every single group? I think that would be a bit too obvious. Too easy to figure out what to focus on once a few wolves are killed.

Maybe. There are two killings a night half the time. Do you really think the wolves are picking two people a night, or are we playing with multiple bad guy groups? Just something I was thinking about. If there were two bad guy groups, there would probably be enough to have one bad guy per group. We don't exactly know yet since a movie group has not been entirely eliminated yet.
 
Do people really think there is a wolf in every single group? I think that would be a bit too obvious. Too easy to figure out what to focus on once a few wolves are killed.
no i don't think there is 1 wolf in every single group WAY too easy. i do think it's possible that there are more than 1 wolf in a certain group though bc then they can communicate which each other AND their group and maybe make things happen in that fashion.

not sure though. argh.
 
no i don't think there is 1 wolf in every single group WAY too easy. i do think it's possible that there are more than 1 wolf in a certain group though bc then they can communicate which each other AND their group and maybe make things happen in that fashion.

not sure though. argh.

Yea, I think that is a possibility.