This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BasedKahuna

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
After reading through the Letter Requirements for many DO schools, I've noticed that some of them point out that they require at least two letters of Recommendation: either 2 from science professors and 1 from a physician, or a committee letter and a physician.

The DO I shadowed sent his letter to my pre-professional advisor to be used for my committee interview. Would a committee letter including a DO letter override that requirement or should I have him send that letter to AACOMAS as well? Though it would be bothersome, do I need to get another DO letter by the time I submit my secondaries?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
The committee letter packet should encompass your physician letter if I understand your question correctly. You only need 1 DO letter if any.

After reading through the Letter Requirements for many DO schools, I've noticed that some of them point out that they require at least two letters of Recommendation: either 2 from science professors and 1 from a physician, or a committee letter and a physician.

The DO I shadowed sent his letter to my pre-professional advisor to be used for my committee interview. Would a committee letter including a DO letter override that requirement or should I have him send that letter to AACOMAS as well? Though it would be bothersome, do I need to get another DO letter by the time I submit my secondaries?

I have the same question, but mine is with my MD letters.