Dog Sanctuary WW Game Official Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Mauling one of your own groupies when as you have said yourself you have no links to the other groups is your idea of protecting your friends 😕

I said we have no ALPHA or BETA in our group, so we don't have anyone to communicate privately on our behalf to the other groups. That doesn't mean I don't give a hoot what happens to my fellow dogs!

My idea of protecting my FRIENDS (of whom I apparently have none! *cry* is eliminating someone I know to be a potential threat to their safety. If this makes me a snitch, fine. I've outed someone who could very well join the wolves.

Thank you all for assuming that I lied about JMJ! I hope in 2 days (or is it 1 now?) she stays dog and doesn't kill anyone. 😡 I like how no one has questioned what either of our ROLES are. *cough*

(not actually mad IRL 😉 )
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, if nordicat gets mauled and we find out that she wasn't a wolf, then it's likely that she told the truth about JMJ and we'll have to keep that in mind for 2 days hence.

Why would a wolf offer such info as nordicat did? Ask yourselves that. There could be no gain, and it sounds too specific to be made up. I can't get behind this one, sorry folks. maybe it'll come back to bite me in the ass, but I don't feel it.
 
And just so everyone knows....these groups are not teams. These people are not your friends, you don't need to protect them. Everyone is fair game, and you shouldn't be blinded by a sense of group duty - because one member of that group may be a wolf!
 
Everything I have said is true, and I am an innocent pup! :sad: Don't throw me under the bus because I am simply being honest and giving what little information I have freely! No one else seems willing to offer anything concrete, and I may be mauled for attempting to protect my friends? :cry:

Maul NordiCat

You were the first to point fingers which makes you seem a little suspicious. You all seem like nice people but I have to assume you are all liars.
 
The only guilt I can see would be if Nordicat was a wolf and had bitten/tried to convert JMJ. However this current display would be a damn risky move for a wolf, because how else would you have come by the info? Nordicat, you are on thin ice. Come clean about source/etc.
 
Votes for Mauling:
Nordicat 7(stormwater,psilove, heylodeb,JMJ, DVMdream,TT,sheepdogspu)
Nyanko 3 (that redhead, squirrels, zoovet)
JMJ 1 (nordicat)

Still less than 1/2 the votes have been cast.
Polls close at 9:30pmEST. Just 2 hours away from some potential butchery!
( In the case of a tie, the first person who reached the final vote tally will be lynched)
 
The only guilt I can see would be if Nordicat was a wolf and had bitten/tried to convert JMJ. However this current display would be a damn risky move for a wolf, because how else would you have come by the info? Nordicat, you are on thin ice. Come clean about source/etc.

WTF makes some sense here... Nordi, are you indeed evil? I really don't want to think that of you... Although that cute face is an excellent way to hide!
 
C'mon Nordicat give up your source...it may save your life. You have a few people on the fence here about voting. Inquiring minds need to know.
 
Sorry about your terrible day, dyachei. I hope tomorrow (or the next time you work) goes better.

And as far as the mauling vote... I'm not completely sold on all the suspicion against her but until someone has other ideas/evidence I'll vote to maul Nordicat.
 
The only guilt I can see would be if Nordicat was a wolf and had bitten/tried to convert JMJ. However this current display would be a damn risky move for a wolf, because how else would you have come by the info? Nordicat, you are on thin ice. Come clean about source/etc.

My guess is that JMJ told her group members or one of the other group members is seer and told the other group members without telling jmj they knew so they could get rid of her before she had a chance to enact her role/power. And that by announcing jmj's role they could convince the rest of us that it's true because it's so specific and get rid of her before she has the chance to convert and come after them. Or Nordicat could have told her group she's seer when really she's a wolf and it's framing jmj who knows her role to protet herself.
 
typing from my phone, but briefly:

I needed to pick someone to trust, given my role requires me to personally make a decision each night. Revealing that position could put me in the wolves' target, though.
I chose to trust JMJ since she's the only one in my group I've talked to before! I revealed my role, and she revealed her role. So, I heard it from JMJ herself.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Votes for Mauling:
Nordicat 9(stormwater,psilove, heylodeb,JMJ, DVMdream,TT,sheepdogspu, cuitl, Dyachei)
Nyanko 3 (that redhead, squirrels, zoovet)
JMJ 1 (nordicat)

11 votes is a plurality for today's vote. (in answer to TT's question)
Polls close at 9:30pmEST. Just 1.5 hours away from some potential butchery!
( In the case of a tie, the first person who reached the final vote tally will be lynched)

By the way, my cursor has disappeared from every program that uses text. Very weird. Ever heard of that. It is strange when you don't have a cursor.
 
I think we need to hear from JMJ because there are two sides to every story. JMJ, anything to add to Nordicat's tale?
 
I can't get behind this. I don't feel Nordicat is a wolf. If he/she is, they are playing extremely dumb and obviously, and I don't think anyone here is that stupid. I mean, what wolf would go out and make up a detailed story like that to oust another player, risking being asked "so, how do you know this" and being questioned on their role and abilities. NO wolf wants that kind of pressure early in the game.

Maul StormWater.

First to get on Nordicat's butt and make a baseless lynch. Trying to get rid of the person who let on that you're trying to increase your ranks?
 
I'm not a seer.

What are you? It might be your only chance of survival. Your role does you no good dead!

I think your actions have been pretty suspicious. Why would you throw JMJ under the bus after reaching out to her to build trust? Even if she was a hybrid, you have 2 more days, or one more or whatever and your actions certainly aren't gonna help her choose dog if she has a choice. Maybe you are actually the hybrid, if there even is one!
 
Hmmm, I don't really feel like I can throw Nordicat under the bus. Her first posts just don't wreak of wolf to me (though that may be part of the plot!!!). I'm going to go with her vote for JMJ.
 
Votes for Mauling:
Nordicat 9(stormwater,psilove, heylodeb,JMJ, DVMdream,TT,sheepdogspu, cuitl, Dyachei)
Nyanko 3 (that redhead, squirrels, zoovet)
JMJ 2 (nordicat, chebanse)
Stormwater 1 (WTF)

11 votes is a plurality for today's vote. (in answer to TT's question).
Polls close at 9:30pmEST. Just 1.5 hours away from some potential butchery!
( In the case of a tie, the first person who reached the final vote tally will be lynched)
 
Last edited:
What are you? It might be your only chance of survival. Your role does you no good dead!

I think your actions have been pretty suspicious. Why would you throw JMJ under the bus after reaching out to her to build trust? Even if she was a hybrid, you have 2 more days, or one more or whatever and your actions certainly aren't gonna help her choose dog if she has a choice. Maybe you are actually the hybrid, if there even is one!


That's ******ed. You would trust her 100% to be dog? No way. I would never fully trust another group member to do that. It's like Resident Evil. The vaccine is right on the train. But it's not 100% certain, and you still need to kill the infected member of your team before you reach the surface.
 
********
So, if you are too quiet, people think you are a wolf.
If you start telling tall tales in attempt to defend yourself, people think you are a wolf.
Mind = boggled. Interesting to see how this plays out.
********
 
*sigh* damned if I do, damned if I don't on this one...

I am a killer dog. (No one picked up on that earlier?) I can choose to kill one person, and I can only do it one time. Only the vet's dog can revive me. Obviously this skill is intended to be used against someone I am certain is a wolf. I chose not to use my ability on JMJ last night because she still could become a dog. I don't want to kill someone who could boost our numbers and help our side! I wanted to save the one kill I get for someone I'm dead sure is a wolf.

Unfortunately, I might just end up dead instead. :scared:
 
and yes, I am aware that revealing JMJ's role may very well get HER killed, but since we have to vote and she is the only one I know has potential wolfy ties, I voted for her. I guess I shouldn't have bothered to justify my vote with the information I was privy to.
 
I mean, what wolf would go out and make up a detailed story like that to oust another player, risking being asked "so, how do you know this" and being questioned on their role and abilities. NO wolf wants that kind of pressure early in the game.
Unless they know that NO wolf wants that kind of pressure and therefore nobody will think that they're a wolf!

"There, I've run rings around you logically!" - Second Pepperpot
 
OK, I can't get bring myself to ride the Nordicat bandwagon and I can't vote for a 'woman when she's down'. So, I'm going with a totally random shot here... Someone to whom I've never spoken...

Maul devyn

**sorry**
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, Nordicat originally PMed me, wondering if she could trust me. (A little fishy, now that I think about it). I told her she could and vice versa. I was anxious to get the game going, since nothing was really happening. Nordicat was very quick to tell me her role as killer dog, whatever that means. I then told her my role, since I thought it was only fair. But maybe she was just lying to get info out of me for the good of the wolves? I don't know... What I DO know is that I told her in confidence and she turned it against me, with no inclination that I am here to do harm. Decide for yourselves.
 
So, Nordicat originally PMed me, wondering if she could trust me. (A little fishy, now that I think about it). I told her she could and vice versa. I was anxious to get the game going, since nothing was really happening. Nordicat was very quick to tell me her role as killer dog, whatever that means. I then told her my role, since I thought it was only fair. But maybe she was just lying to get info out of me for the good of the wolves? I don't know... What I DO know is that I told her in confidence and she turned it against me, with no inclination that I am here to do harm. Decide for yourselves.

I think you just verified for the rest of the group that you are indeed a hybrid dog.
 
Votes for Mauling:
Nordicat 9(stormwater,psilove, heylodeb,JMJ, DVMdream,TT,sheepdogspu, cuitl, Dyachei)
Nyanko 3 (that redhead, squirrels, zoovet)
JMJ 2 (nordicat, chebanse)
Stormwater 1 (WTF)
Devyn 1 (LMMS)

11 votes is a plurality for today's vote. (in answer to TT's question).
Polls close at 9:30pmEST. Just over an hour away from some potential butchery!
( In the case of a tie, the first person who reached the final vote tally will be lynched)
 
and yes, I am aware that revealing JMJ's role may very well get HER killed, but since we have to vote and she is the only one I know has potential wolfy ties, I voted for her. I guess I shouldn't have bothered to justify my vote with the information I was privy to.

So at first, you said you didn't want to use your power against me to kill me because I'm "not yet a wolf", but you'll vote to get me mauled anyway? It doesn't add up...
 
So at first, you said you didn't want to use your power against me to kill me because I'm "not yet a wolf", but you'll vote to get me mauled anyway? It doesn't add up...

Yes, it does add up (to me, anyway). I'm not willing to sacrifice my one chance to eliminate someone if I'm not positive they are a wolf.

I would much rather vote for a POTENTIAL wolf than for someone I know nothing about and risk mauling an innocent. Since we all must vote, the only logical choice was to vote for you. You could very well become a wolf!
 
Holy monkeys! There are a lot of roles in this game!

I'd like to hear from JMJ, as well...
 
Do you realize what an idiotically risky move this is? You're reaching. I've played risky wolves before and I wouldn't dare put myself int he spotlight so early in the game.

Wasn't serious, was just playing the "neverending, maybe they thought A so, I'll do B, but maybe they thought I'd do B to fool them, so I should do A....

Thought the Monty Python quote would provide a clue
 
That's ******ed. You would trust her 100% to be dog? No way. I would never fully trust another group member to do that. It's like Resident Evil. The vaccine is right on the train. But it's not 100% certain, and you still need to kill the infected member of your team before you reach the surface.

What I'm saying is if you trust that they're a hybrid, you have time to think things over before mauling them. Us groupies with no connections through an alpha or beta player are kinda left really in the dark here. You have to rely on info. from in your group, even if you're suspicious of someone because in the end, they're all you got. Unless you're a wolf, then you'd throw groupies under the bus. I just think it's a risky move to isolate yourself even more by eliminating someone from your group when they're the only ones you have to talk to privately. Maybe I'm still naive about the game, but I think trust is an important part of this game.
 
What I'm saying is if you trust that they're a hybrid, you have time to think things over before mauling them..

So who else do you suggest I should have voted for?
Like I said, JMJ is a risk that I know FOR SURE exists (unless she lied about her role, but it would be really weird to make that up...you'd be targeted by the dogs AND the wolves, potentially, so I am assuming that JMJ was truthful). And really, your logic supports my decision. Why would I vote for someone in my own group if our communication is already limited?

BECAUSE I KNOW SHE COULD BECOME A WOLF!

I wouldn't risk killing a group member otherwise! That would just be silly.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Alright. I don't know who to vote for and I am struggling if Nordicat or jmj are good wolf votes. So I vote:

Maul devyn
 
I'm going out to walk my own pupper (er, I mean, take my owner for a walk). I am behind lynching JMJ unless she can be of benefit to us before she chooses. I stick with my vote of SW for now due to how pushy he/she's being about Nordicat. But when I return if I see an answer from JMJ i will change,
 
Unmaul Nordicat
Maul JMJ


The TOYs are fickle little things!

Besides, at this point we don't have a definite wolf identified and apparently JMJ poses a greater known risk than any of the other perceived risks.

WTF, typing as you were typing