Dog Sanctuary WW Game Official Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Eeeenteresting. Welcome back!

Now, fo realz yo, I'm off for the night. I have seventyish parasites to learn and make study guides for and I have like... ten.
For your lab exam, check out what I posted on your class fb page. I didn't even go to lab to study, I just used that powerpoint. I got a high A on the lab portion every time. The lecture portion however, not so much.

Members don't see this ad.

You ladies really want to discuss parasites on the game thread? Just makes me want to come up with a way for parasites to infect the dogs. Careful the ideas you give me.

It has been suggested to me to try to cram in 2 days on Sunday. I don't want to leave anyone out, but let's see what happens.

Let us set a 3pm EST deadline for the end of Day 3. If we can get most of you to vote by then we will cram another day in.

Until Tomorrow!

Members don't see this ad :)
It has been suggested to me to try to cram in 2 days on Sunday. I don't want to leave anyone out, but let's see what happens.

Let us set a 3pm EST deadline for the end of Day 3. If we can get most of you to vote by then we will cram another day in.

Until Tomorrow!

I will do my best, but I work 745am to 345 pm on sunday, mountain time. Maybe I can vote at lunch hopefully we won't be so busy that I work through lunch.

I will do my best, but I work 745am to 345 pm on sunday, mountain time. Maybe I can vote at lunch hopefully we won't be so busy that I work through lunch.

Anyone who is afraid they won't be around can send me a "contingency" vote. I will only post it if you don't vote yourself, and of course you can always change it if you return before the end of the vote. Same thing for Nighttime activities. You can send me a contingency request for night time and I will fulfill it unless I hear otherwise (you might want to have a 2nd choice in case the first is killed).

Obviously we prefer if you all can participate, but it is nice to have a little more activity on weekends.

Anyone who is afraid they won't be around can send me a "contingency" vote. I will only post it if you don't vote yourself, and of course you can always change it if you return before the end of the vote. Same thing for Nighttime activities. You can send me a contingency request for night time and I will fulfill it unless I hear otherwise (you might want to have a 2nd choice in case the first is killed).

Obviously we prefer if you all can participate, but it is nice to have a little more activity on weekends.

Works for me! I should be able to fit my lynch vote in between cleaning stalls tomorrow! Any of the big ol' working dogs want to watch over a scared-ed little min pin during the deep dark night?

I'm curious about all these animals that have been injured - did you guys see anything that you could report back to us????? pretty please?

Works for me! I should be able to fit my lynch vote in between cleaning stalls tomorrow! Any of the big ol' working dogs want to watch over a scared-ed little min pin during the deep dark night?

I'm curious about all these animals that have been injured - did you guys see anything that you could report back to us????? pretty please?

I doubt it...remember what SOV writes is almost purely for entertainment value. A detailed attack is not written out to all individuals every night ;) All an attacked person tends to get, at least in the games I have played is either no notice at all if you die (you don't even know it until the Day cycle is posted) or sometimes "You were attacked! But you survived!" (if someone protects you, you have a defensive item, etc). However, I think these attacks here are just storyline (yes, SOV?) Wolves can generally only choose to attack ONE person per night.

I doubt it...remember what SOV writes is almost purely for entertainment value. A detailed attack is not written out to all individuals every night ;) All an attacked person tends to get, at least in the games I have played is either no notice at all if you die (you don't even know it until the Day cycle is posted) or sometimes "You were attacked! But you survived!" (if someone protects you, you have a defensive item, etc). However, I think these attacks here are just storyline (yes, SOV?) Wolves can generally only choose to attack ONE person per night.

*sigh*

Katie!! No!! **Wooooooooooooooo!**

Members don't see this ad :)
I really need to get off and spend some time with my bf, but.. :corny:

Ok - time to get some lynching going.

Lynch Suprnova

My reasoning is a little weak but it's all I have to go on - has posted the least out of anyone in the game and is mysteriously quiet. As a new player to the game, I would expect her to be a little more vocal as she is figuring it out. So, maybe a wolf who is just staying out of the limelight.

Unlynch suprnova
Lynch sooprnova

sorry....spelling error

props to the California mini-pin who votes first in the morning. Impressive.

Day 3 Maul Votes
Sooprnova 1 (heylodeb)

Tentative Maul deadline is 3pm EST. or when a plurality of 10 votes is reached.

Last edited:
props to the California mini-pin who posts first in the morning. Impressive.

The joys of having 7 horses downstairs who need to be fed at 7:30am, 365 days a year! What I would pay to sleep in - just ONCE a month.....

Since I was the first one killed off, we need to look at the veterans. It was a very veteran move. The people I would consider veterans are me, WTF, TT, and dyachei. When I "died" it was revealed that I wasn't a wolf. That leaves the other 3.

My reasoning is a little weak but it's all I have to go on - has posted the least out of anyone in the game and is mysteriously quiet. As a new player to the game, I would expect her to be a little more vocal as she is figuring it out. So, maybe a wolf who is just staying out of the limelight.

I'm not sure silence is necessarily against her. IIRC from watching the lounge games, some powers require a certain number of days of silence before they can be used, or something like that (WTF, TT? Can you confirm?) So maybe because she is the quietest she has something epicsauce? Or she could be a noob wolf lying low, hard to say. Others who have said very little are katie8, maddiegirl, and PSilovethomas. PSILT sticks out to me because she's an active member on the forum outside of the game. What is she hiding?

That being said, I have no idea who to go for right now. I have a lot of thoughts regarding last night's kill, from in-group information to just a random lucky hit to maybe them releasing zoovet because of her own personal tragedy IRL. I may let the mob sway my decision on this one, because I'm a bit clueless right now.

Since I was the first one killed off, we need to look at the veterans. It was a very veteran move. The people I would consider veterans are me, WTF, TT, and dyachei. When I "died" it was revealed that I wasn't a wolf. That leaves the other 3.

WTF sticks out to me, of those three, even though she's probably been the most vocal, she definitely a veteran. She was the one to suggest zoovet was the seer, wanted to know who knew about zoovet's role (to pin it on someone else?) AND is the alpha. She may have some powers as the alpha to investigate into other people; she may have targeted the terrier group because we have no beta to represent us, thus our powers/roles (if any) are unknown to them. Hmm.

This looks REALLY fun. and confusing for us non-players. Thanks for setting it up SOV! How long do games generally last for? I want to play, but don't think I could with this monster of a quarter coming up, so it would either need to be during spring break (not sure if 10 days is enough time for a single game to be played) or over the summer. I love reading all the strategy though and SOV's updates!!

PS. SOV...someone told me you're working in Gigers lab, is that true?!

There have been aspects of other games in the past where players have been silenced, whether because of their role or another player doing it to them. We don't know if that's the case in this game or not.

yes, WTF has stuck out to me as well but I have been trying to figure out if it is just because she has been posting more. TT has also not been adding much to the game except for some "oooh and ahh's". I think it really is a crap shoot right now. I will update my vote if need be around 2:30 EST when I'm finished shoveling poop. :)

I was thinking it's not WTF because she knows about certain roles dogs have, supposedly because she lost certain powers by becoming Alpha. But...I guess that could be a well-informed wolf, as well.

I've been watching my poor owner do her o-chem homework, hence my quietness. It's funny when she starts banging her head on the desk.

Katie8 hope your injuries are too severe.

It makes sense that there is at least one non-noob wolf among us, but I haven't a clue which one it could be.

Back to watching my owner fret over alkanes, kenes and kynes....:confused:

I'm not sure silence is necessarily against her. IIRC from watching the lounge games, some powers require a certain number of days of silence before they can be used, or something like that (WTF, TT? Can you confirm?) So maybe because she is the quietest she has something epicsauce? Or she could be a noob wolf lying low, hard to say. Others who have said very little are katie8, maddiegirl, and PSilovethomas. PSILT sticks out to me because she's an active member on the forum outside of the game. What is she hiding?

That being said, I have no idea who to go for right now. I have a lot of thoughts regarding last night's kill, from in-group information to just a random lucky hit to maybe them releasing zoovet because of her own personal tragedy IRL. I may let the mob sway my decision on this one, because I'm a bit clueless right now.

redhead - I like your thinking here... Silence may indeed simply be a shroud to hide behind for something uber powerful. And if you're to go with the theory of otherwise active, the fingers could point at PSILT, Soop, and Squirrels. Looks like it could be another too close to call?!?

Gella - LOVE the avatar!!!!

TT, if you need help with parasitology...
<-----
;)

If I were you guys, I would absolutely not be pointing paws at sooprnova. Indeed certain abilities that are for very, very good can require "silence" for a day or two. I'm really intrigued by the fact that the pack is so quick to jump on people just for being quiet.

If I were you guys, I would absolutely not be pointing paws at sooprnova. Indeed certain abilities that are for very, very good can require "silence" for a day or two. I'm really intrigued by the fact that the pack is so quick to jump on people just for being quiet.
Exactly. We have a 1 in 3 chance of getting a wolf by mauling a veteran. It seems that no one wants to do that and instead would just blindly maul a quiet person.

Exactly. We have a 1 in 3 chance of getting a wolf by mauling a veteran. It seems that no one wants to do that and instead would just blindly maul a quiet person.

Unfortunately, I would completely discount yourself, LissaRae. You weren't a wolf before, but you've returned to the game - it may be that the wolves can resurrect someone as their own? And you're a veteran. Not that I suspect you necessarily but you're pretty quick to pin the other veterans. Just food for thought.

The 'maul whoever is quiet because we have no clue' method is a common one. However, it's a bit silly in this case, anyway - quite a few quiet people.

I'm not willing to jump a bandwagon on anyone for being quiet. If I were a wolf... I would be posting. And I would try to steer votes towards the innocents. Pretty sure that's what any clever wolf would do.

Sadly, Miss T, it's not a conceptual issue for parasit - it's just rote memorization of all of them plus their life cycles, hosts, traits, etc.

I think I have Macracanthorhynchus hirudinaceus down though. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, I would completely discount yourself, LissaRae. You weren't a wolf before, but you've returned to the game - it may be that the wolves can resurrect someone as their own? And you're a veteran. Not that I suspect you necessarily but you're pretty quick to pin the other veterans. Just food for thought.
I resurrected myself. I just had to figure out who the stud to my bitch was. That's why I kept posting all of those things about finding my one true love. If you want to count me in the possible veteran wolf category, you still have a 25% chance and that is a whole lot better than mauling a random person because you don't think they post enough. I am personally leaning towards TT or dyachei. Just a feeling, nothing concrete.

I agree that it seems like there is a good chance one of the wolves is a veteran. We obviously need to be careful that we don't wipe out our experienced allies in the process, however, I think we need to start hearing some alibis... TT, WTF, dyachei?

I have very little info to go on. so for now based on my own suspicions:
maul psilovethomas.

I have to get back to work. Good luck fellow pack mates.

I'm not sure silence is necessarily against her. IIRC from watching the lounge games, some powers require a certain number of days of silence before they can be used, or something like that (WTF, TT? Can you confirm?) S.

Yes. Guard dog roles (which I had to give up when I became alpha) have a day of silence after successfully preventing an attack, for example. I am sure there are also other roles out there , as we are finding out. Several roles I have seen in previous games, whether beneficial or deterimental to the dogs, have a silencing period.

Going after someone for not posting a lot is a bad strategy. Some people just don't know what to say. I personally have never had success from lynching low-participation players.

:confused: This pup is quiet because she has a huge exam on Tuesday! Anyways, DVMD, how dare you turn on a fellow toy! I will PM you back...

This is copied from a PM because I am lazy and need to leave soon and don't want to type again, hehe.

However, I hope I've convinced at least a few people by how forthcoming and helpful I have been on the thread.

If I was a wolf and wanted a true innocent dead, I would have kept on the Nordicat bandwagon. I was against it from the start, vocally so.

If I wanted more hybrids alive in order to possible convert, I wouldn't have gotten on JMJ. So, I hope that helps some.

Plus, me knowing about the Guard Dog role automatically makes me a dog, because a wolf would not have gotten that power. I had to give it up when I became Alpha because I couldn't have "two" roles.

This looks REALLY fun. and confusing for us non-players. Thanks for setting it up SOV! How long do games generally last for? I want to play, but don't think I could with this monster of a quarter coming up, so it would either need to be during spring break (not sure if 10 days is enough time for a single game to be played) or over the summer. I love reading all the strategy though and SOV's updates!!

PS. SOV...someone told me you're working in Gigers lab, is that true?!
Hey Geebee.
I think around a week is normal for these games but it can vary widely. This particular game has A LOT of players, and I am taking it slowly, but even I have no idea how long it will take. I know LissaRae and WTF talked about potentially setting up games in the future. Maybe at the end we will take a poll for when is a good time to have another game.

And yes, I am doing independent study in Giger's lab! Maybe I'll see you there in the summer. Getting all educatified on genetic diseases like cobalamin malasborption and multi drug reactivity and the like (hopefully).

We have just over an hour to get this done. I'm just going to trust my gut on this one. TT has burned me in the past, and I believe she is capable of doing it again. Like I said, my vote is based on a feeling and not solid evidence. maul TT

Maulmaulmaul! Get this game over with so we can play too! :D

I'm back! Apologies for my absence, but I had no choice. I can guarantee you that I am NOT a wolf.

I've never played before, but from reading the initial story, I'm suspicious of the dog who quickly and calmly found the first dog who was attacked. That person is a veteran player, and has also been surprisingly quiet.

Maul dyachei

I'm back! Apologies for my absence, but I had no choice. I can guarantee you that I am NOT a wolf.

I've never played before, but from reading the initial story, I'm suspicious of the dog who quickly and calmly found the first dog who was attacked. That person is a veteran player, and has also been surprisingly quiet.

Maul dyachei

SoV already said that it was at random.

The GM has said that the names in the initial story were randomized, for what it's worth. But I'm down with the get-the-veterans bandwagon since the first target was a veteran.

maul dyachei

Damn, go tend to the laundry and the place lights up like Christmas!

Anyway, it would seem that currently there are some tactics going on trying to sway folks one way or another... Silence, veteran status, paranoia, etc... What we're going to have to do is look at the facts as they come; and we don't have a lot of facts right now. But, here's something we do know...

WTF is alpha; but was a guard dog first. Her having to give up guard dog status may indeed be proof that a pooch can only have one role at a time... I too was assigned a power when placed into the alpha pack that I had to give up my previous role for. The current power is very narrow; but I felt it to be best for the group, so I gave up my previous status. This being the case, does it mean that if a role is discovered (and that dog does not die) that another role must then be assigned?

WTF may have given up a role to be alpha, but it doesn't mean that she cannot be a wolf. I'm assuming that the wolves can also have their own powers/roles aside from just the ability to kill someone every night. She's a veteran, which fits the current mob feeling.

However, I don't agree that killing a veteran first was the move of another veteran necessarily. I think it could easily have been a noob scared of the wiley ways of the veterans and trying to knock them out first. I admit that I'm pretty wary of Sooprnova, her silence and the power that I'm assuming is tied with it. As WTF said, the silencing could be for the use of the power for or against the dogs. Not all powers are to our benefit as a pack, just like JMJ's power to become a wolf wasn't.

So I'm going to side with Heylodeb and vote

Maul Sooprnova.