You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Drexel DPMS 2022-2023
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I had graduated before my AMCAS cycle so yes all of my grades were on AMCAS alreadyDid you enter the Fall semester grades? When I did AMCAS fall semester grades were not available.
Well they did say there was a 5300 character limit and if you used your AMCAS essay, it should still be 5300 or less regardless. But maybe a few characters over won't be a problem? Idk if any of us can answer that correctly correctly though because we are not adcommy essays were both more than 5300 characters but it still got submitted. Will this affect my chances of getting in
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dianapremed
New Member
I didn't use my AMCAS essay since there were two essays to write. It was about 2-3 sentences more.Well they did say there was a 5300 character limit and if you used your AMCAS essay, it should still be 5300 or less regardless. But maybe a few characters over won't be a problem? Idk if any of us can answer that correctly correctly though because we are not adcom
Hi everyone! 🙂 I am a current DPMS student, who was in your exact position a year ago. It would be my pleasure to answer any questions or concerns as you move through this process.
For those who have gotten interview invites, huge congrats!!!!! I received my interview invite on 4/28/21 and interviewed a couple of days later. So it gave me some time to keep reading about the program/DUCOM, contact alums for advice, prepare some questions, and most importantly, how I was going to present myself! Please keep in mind that this is essentially a medical school interview, so you should treat it as such. The best way I prepared was by NOT memorizing any script, jotting down bullet points of things that were the most important for me as they related to my journey in medicine, researching the professional who would be interviewing me, and reviewing my application in depth (both personal statements + resume). And the last thing I will say is to BE YOURSELF! 🙂 Smile, be confident, and let your personality shine through. They've already seen your application and experiences - give them what they can't see on paper!! 🌟
And for those who are still waiting to hear back, please trust the process and don't lose sight. It is not over until they say it is, so no answer yet is NOT a rejection. TRUST ME! From what I've gathered, interview invites were sent out a lot earlier this year because they wanted to TRY to give students more time between receiving an acceptance and getting ready to move to Philly (the short turnaround was a major complaint last year). Nonetheless, the application is open until the end of the month and those students will still have equal chances of being considered.
Lastly, keep in mind there is no formal timeline of when you are interviewed/accepted - I.e submitting or interviewing early doesn't necessarily mean an early interview or acceptance.
I look forward to offering my support and experience for the next couple of weeks ~ and will be on the student panel for some interviews 😊
For those who have gotten interview invites, huge congrats!!!!! I received my interview invite on 4/28/21 and interviewed a couple of days later. So it gave me some time to keep reading about the program/DUCOM, contact alums for advice, prepare some questions, and most importantly, how I was going to present myself! Please keep in mind that this is essentially a medical school interview, so you should treat it as such. The best way I prepared was by NOT memorizing any script, jotting down bullet points of things that were the most important for me as they related to my journey in medicine, researching the professional who would be interviewing me, and reviewing my application in depth (both personal statements + resume). And the last thing I will say is to BE YOURSELF! 🙂 Smile, be confident, and let your personality shine through. They've already seen your application and experiences - give them what they can't see on paper!! 🌟
And for those who are still waiting to hear back, please trust the process and don't lose sight. It is not over until they say it is, so no answer yet is NOT a rejection. TRUST ME! From what I've gathered, interview invites were sent out a lot earlier this year because they wanted to TRY to give students more time between receiving an acceptance and getting ready to move to Philly (the short turnaround was a major complaint last year). Nonetheless, the application is open until the end of the month and those students will still have equal chances of being considered.
Lastly, keep in mind there is no formal timeline of when you are interviewed/accepted - I.e submitting or interviewing early doesn't necessarily mean an early interview or acceptance.
I look forward to offering my support and experience for the next couple of weeks ~ and will be on the student panel for some interviews 😊
It took about 2 days for the LOR to show up on the portal.
From what I had read 550-600 applicants apply for about 50-60 spots
From what I had read 550-600 applicants apply for about 50-60 spots
Hi! Current DPMS student here 🙂 I gave a quick intro in a previous post. If I'm not mistaken close to 900+ applications were submitted last year and our class started with about ~55 students. However, each year they have been increasing the class size and I believe this year we're looking at 65-70 spots.I sent my interfolio letters of recommendation to the [email protected] email. How long do you think it will take before they receive those letter of recommendation/they show up in the application portal?
Also, do we know approx. how many students apply every year?
Good luck to everyone!!!
kacutshaw
New Member
Do they send out interview invites everyday or specific days??Hi everyone! 🙂 I am a current DPMS student, who was in your exact position a year ago. It would be my pleasure to answer any questions or concerns as you move through this process.
For those who have gotten interview invites, huge congrats!!!!! I received my interview invite on 4/28/21 and interviewed a couple of days later. So it gave me some time to keep reading about the program/DUCOM, contact alums for advice, prepare some questions, and most importantly, how I was going to present myself! Please keep in mind that this is essentially a medical school interview, so you should treat it as such. The best way I prepared was by NOT memorizing any script, jotting down bullet points of things that were the most important for me as they related to my journey in medicine, researching the professional who would be interviewing me, and reviewing my application in depth (both personal statements + resume). And the last thing I will say is to BE YOURSELF! 🙂 Smile, be confident, and let your personality shine through. They've already seen your application and experiences - give them what they can't see on paper!! 🌟
And for those who are still waiting to hear back, please trust the process and don't lose sight. It is not over until they say it is, so no answer yet is NOT a rejection. TRUST ME! From what I've gathered, interview invites were sent out a lot earlier this year because they wanted to TRY to give students more time between receiving an acceptance and getting ready to move to Philly (the short turnaround was a major complaint last year). Nonetheless, the application is open until the end of the month and those students will still have equal chances of being considered.
Lastly, keep in mind there is no formal timeline of when you are interviewed/accepted - I.e submitting or interviewing early doesn't necessarily mean an early interview or acceptance.
I look forward to offering my support and experience for the next couple of weeks ~ and will be on the student panel for some interviews 😊
![]()
kacutshaw
New Member
So since they sent out some last week, do you think it will be another couple of weeks before more get sent out?Definitely not everyday. The committee only meets x amount of times a month and that's when decisions are made for interviews/acceptances etc...
Last year several waves of interview invites ocurred.
Hi all! I submitted my application 3/23, then uploaded my unofficial transcripts two days later. I received an email saying I’m missing 2 transcripts. I uploaded them again 3/30. Still missing so I contacted Drexel, received no response, them uploaded again 4/5. These still have a red X next to them. Should I send official transcripts? I don’t want to miss this opportunity 😁
More than likely, yes. Interviews ran till like late May last year. If you check out last year's thread, you can kind of see the updates as the weeks progressed.So since they sent out some last week, do you think it will be another couple of weeks before more get sent out?
Does anyone know how app screening works? I was complete mid February lol
D
deleted1130920
For those that received an interview invite, how are yall preparing?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How long did it take to show your items were updated?I just checked the portal and they received all my materials...super nervous!!!! 😱
dianapremed
New Member
Mine showed the next day!How long did it take to show your items were updated?
For the application to be complete, you need to submit your official transcriptHi all! I submitted my application 3/23, then uploaded my unofficial transcripts two days later. I received an email saying I’m missing 2 transcripts. I uploaded them again 3/30. Still missing so I contacted Drexel, received no response, them uploaded again 4/5. These still have a red X next to them. Should I send official transcripts? I don’t want to miss this opportunity 😁
No you don't? I've only attached an unofficial record which is already marked as received. Their instructions said they only need an official transcript if accepted.For the application to be complete, you need to submit your official transcript
@HeartyRD call them at this point!
applicant202X
Full Member
This is correct from what I read.No you don't? I've only attached an unofficial record which is already marked as received. Their instructions said they only need an official transcript if accepted.
@HeartyRD call them at this point!
kacutshaw
New Member
They don't need to be official transcripts unless you're accepted into the program. One of my transcripts were official while the other was unofficial and they were marked as received the next day. I would call them ASAP to get this figured out. Sorry you're having trouble 🙁Hi all! I submitted my application 3/23, then uploaded my unofficial transcripts two days later. I received an email saying I’m missing 2 transcripts. I uploaded them again 3/30. Still missing so I contacted Drexel, received no response, them uploaded again 4/5. These still have a red X next to them. Should I send official transcripts? I don’t want to miss this opportunity 😁
Do you remember what kinds of questions they asked you during the interview?Hi everyone! 🙂 I am a current DPMS student, who was in your exact position a year ago. It would be my pleasure to answer any questions or concerns as you move through this process.
For those who have gotten interview invites, huge congrats!!!!! I received my interview invite on 4/28/21 and interviewed a couple of days later. So it gave me some time to keep reading about the program/DUCOM, contact alums for advice, prepare some questions, and most importantly, how I was going to present myself! Please keep in mind that this is essentially a medical school interview, so you should treat it as such. The best way I prepared was by NOT memorizing any script, jotting down bullet points of things that were the most important for me as they related to my journey in medicine, researching the professional who would be interviewing me, and reviewing my application in depth (both personal statements + resume). And the last thing I will say is to BE YOURSELF! 🙂 Smile, be confident, and let your personality shine through. They've already seen your application and experiences - give them what they can't see on paper!! 🌟
And for those who are still waiting to hear back, please trust the process and don't lose sight. It is not over until they say it is, so no answer yet is NOT a rejection. TRUST ME! From what I've gathered, interview invites were sent out a lot earlier this year because they wanted to TRY to give students more time between receiving an acceptance and getting ready to move to Philly (the short turnaround was a major complaint last year). Nonetheless, the application is open until the end of the month and those students will still have equal chances of being considered.
Lastly, keep in mind there is no formal timeline of when you are interviewed/accepted - I.e submitting or interviewing early doesn't necessarily mean an early interview or acceptance.
I look forward to offering my support and experience for the next couple of weeks ~ and will be on the student panel for some interviews 😊
![]()
I sent official transcripts, emailed, and left a voicemail….thoughts and prayers appreciated 😄😭
There was some one who applied on 03/18 who had gotten the inviteAnyone who applied in March hear back at all?
Buhnee
New Member
Casper test doesn't matter tbh, they just want to see if you're not a serial killer and can at least show empathy. They won't determine if ur in or out based off that. Committee is actively reviewing and screening applications right now, and sending interview invites as they come. Interviews will most likely ask about your why.
Dang, my app was complete 03/25. No sign is still a good sign I hopeThere was some one who applied on 03/18 who had gotten the invite
applicant202X
Full Member
What would you say matters most?Casper test doesn't matter tbh, they just want to see if you're not a serial killer and can at least show empathy. They won't determine if ur in or out based off that. Committee is actively reviewing and screening applications right now, and sending interview invites as they come. Interviews will most likely ask about your why.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Destiny Gordon
Full Member
So they are sending out more invites this week as well?Expect to have interviews starting this week up until mid May.
how was your interview?I think I’ll chose either April 13th or 18th. i want to be part of the first wave that knows of the acceptance (if it works that way). Ripping the bandaid off!
Buhnee
New Member
Yes, maybe by the end of the week. For those who will be intervewing next week.So they are sending out more invites this week as well?
Buhnee
New Member
1- showing some form of strong leadershipWhat would you say matters most?
2- well written, articulated essays with strong reasons for your why and how ur hardships have motivated you to continue in ur journey
3- academics, etc.
Hi everyone! Current DPMS TA & first year medical student student here. Congrats to everyone that got interview invites! The interview invite is an amazing accomplishment in and of itself and we're rooting for you come interview day! As for those that have yet to hear back - DO NOT WORRY! Be patient, have faith, and breathe!
I'd encourage everyone to do make time for self-care and relaxation while you wait for a response from any program. I know that "relaxation" and "waiting for a response" in the same sentence sounds like an oxymoron, BUT take advantage of this time as the coming years will be full of stress and studying. Be kind to yourselves. ❤️
Please feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns and I'll do my best to get back to you!
I'd encourage everyone to do make time for self-care and relaxation while you wait for a response from any program. I know that "relaxation" and "waiting for a response" in the same sentence sounds like an oxymoron, BUT take advantage of this time as the coming years will be full of stress and studying. Be kind to yourselves. ❤️
Please feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns and I'll do my best to get back to you!
Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to help us out. Would appreciate if you can answer the following:
1. How many were interviewed in the last cycle?
2. How many matriculated into the program? I have heard it was around 60.
3. How many were waitlisted for the DPM program?
3. What percentage of students matriculate from the DPM program into the MD program?
1. How many were interviewed in the last cycle?
2. How many matriculated into the program? I have heard it was around 60.
3. How many were waitlisted for the DPM program?
3. What percentage of students matriculate from the DPM program into the MD program?
Thanks for taking the time to help us out. Would appreciate if you can answer the following:
1. How many were interviewed in the last cycle?
2. How many matriculated into the program? I have heard it was around 60.
3. How many were waitlisted for the DPM program?
3. What percentage of students matriculate from the DPM program into the MD program?
Although I am current TA, we are not directly involved with the admissions process. We focus mainly on a student's academic and personal growth! So, a lot of this logistical information is not disclosed to us. I can answer #2 & try at #4, and I will forward the rest to the DPMS directors and see if we can get them answered for you!
Heres what I can say -- **Disclaimer: These are NOT official numbers. They're a very rough approximation**
I know that in the DPMS 2020-2021 cohort, we were a total of 50 at the very beginning. Two students decided to leave the program very soon after the program started. Another two students, due to personal hardship, decided to return the following year. At least 38 of the remaining 46, matriculated directly into the medical school. Counting the students that completed the program, roughly 82% matriculated into the MD program. In the DPMS 2021-2022 cohort, 54 students were accepted. They are still doing classes currently, so we don't have the information on who is matriculating.
All this being said, I really do think the DPMS program sets you up for success in medical school. Not only does it give minority students a second chance at medical school, it truly shapes you into a successful medical student. As a first year now, I can honestly say that most of the students from my cohort are not only doing well academically, but also excelling in leadership positions. Yes, the program is HARD, but there is a lot of support available and a lot of people on your corner, rooting for you! It is often the students that don't reach out for help when they need it or stay to themselves that don't do well academically.
For those who have interviewed, what was it like? What were some questions that were asked? My interview is on the 20th and I’m getting a little nervous [emoji51]
D
deleted1130920
asked this same question and no one seems to have an answer other than “be yourself” lolFor those who have interviewed, what was it like? What were some questions that were asked? My interview is on the 20th and I’m getting a little nervous [emoji51]
applicant202X
Full Member
Thank you! I'm a non-trad so my leadership is years old and I'm afraid of that. I spent most of my post grad time working in medicine, which I think could offset it.1- showing some form of strong leadership
2- well written, articulated essays with strong reasons for your why and how ur hardships have motivated you to continue in ur journey
3- academics, etc.
I heard back from admissions with the answers to your questions!Thanks for taking the time to help us out. Would appreciate if you can answer the following:
1. How many were interviewed in the last cycle?
2. How many matriculated into the program? I have heard it was around 60.
3. How many were waitlisted for the DPM program?
3. What percentage of students matriculate from the DPM program into the MD program?
- How many students applied last cycle? 557
- How many were interviewed in the last cycle? 123 accepted 60
- How many were waitlisted for the DPM program last cycle? 12
- What percentage of students matriculate from the DPM program into the MD program? 86% matriculated into fall 2021 class
Thanks @@odette.rosales
.
This gives a clear picture. So about 25% of the applicants get the interview, and about 50% of those who interview get an "A". About10% of those who interviewed are put on the waitlist.
Do you have any idea how many applications were received so far and how many interview invites went out? This would help us plan for alternatives.
thanks
.
This gives a clear picture. So about 25% of the applicants get the interview, and about 50% of those who interview get an "A". About10% of those who interviewed are put on the waitlist.
Do you have any idea how many applications were received so far and how many interview invites went out? This would help us plan for alternatives.
thanks
Destiny Gordon
Full Member
Has anyone received an interview invite this week?
Buhnee
New Member
That right there is an example of leadership if you craft it right! Be creative and use your experiences to your advantage. It's about how you tell your story. Remember that! Also, don't be afraid to open up and talk about some personal struggles you've been afraid to talk about before. Being vulnerable is not a disadvantage when it comes to this program.Thank you! I'm a non-trad so my leadership is years old and I'm afraid of that. I spent most of my post grad time working in medicine, which I think could offset it.
Buhnee
New Member
Stick to the instructions- that is very minimal and basic, but they look at that. These people are sorting through hundreds of applications and essays. The essay is #1 in my opinion. Keep at or below the max.my essays were both more than 5300 characters but it still got submitted. Will this affect my chances of getting in
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
applicant202X
Full Member
You’re honestly the best! Finishing up my essays now and this is very helpful! Thank you!That right there is an example of leadership if you craft it right! Be creative and use your experiences to your advantage. It's about how you tell your story. Remember that! Also, don't be afraid to open up and talk about some personal struggles you've been afraid to talk about before. Being vulnerable is not a disadvantage when it comes to this program.
Tzooh
Full Member
Lol because it is. Seriously just be yourself. My interviewer didn't ask any medical questions. He just straight up asked me questions about my personal life and what my goals are and what I am currently doing. If you can talk about your life and goals, you will do great.asked this same question and no one seems to have an answer other than “be yourself” lol
How long was the interview? How many interviewers were there? Sounds like an open-file interview.
Here to re-emphasize this - There is only so much you can do to prepare, and everyone in our cohort had different interview experiences. Some people were interviewed for 1hr. In my case, it was done in less than 25 minutes. Review your application/experiences and personal statements (in my opinion, this is the most critical component). The overall theme of the interview deals with why DPMS is the right fit for you and how it aligns with your goals, and it ties with your story ~ being underrepresented, a minority, specific challenges, etc. < Whatever that story looks like for an individual will vary drastically ~ as @Buhnee said earlier "Being vulnerable is not a disadvantage when it comes to this program" and I couldn't agree more! DPMS was literally designed for students like us who come from all walks of life and sharing those anecdotes/raw emotions is definitely not something to fear.Lol because it is. Seriously just be yourself. My interviewer didn't ask any medical questions. He just straight up asked me questions about my personal life and what my goals are and what I am currently doing. If you can talk about your life and goals, you will do great.
I hope this helps 🙂
applicant202X
Full Member
I have a question. Does the program do grade replacement? I have a pretty recent bad semester and I have a reason for it, but I’m super nervous about the grades. I retook the classes and did better.
Is there somewhere in particular where I can explain? I don’t want to get rejected because of this and I’m already a non trad.
Is there somewhere in particular where I can explain? I don’t want to get rejected because of this and I’m already a non trad.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 307
- Views
- 44K
- Replies
- 357
- Views
- 101K
- Replies
- 664
- Views
- 106K