Drexel DPMS 2022-2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everyone! Quick question: When the application states all material must be received in the admissions office by April 29, 2022, does it mean it should be marked received on my portal or as long as I sent it in before the 29th? Because I sent in my transcripts but they are not marked as received and it's driving me crazy :arghh:

Members don't see this ad.

I have a question for grades - is anyone's undergrad or grad institution using numerical grades? what did you guys put if your grade is 82, is it a B or B-? or 87 is that a B or B+?

Hey everyone! Quick question: When the application states all material must be received in the admissions office by April 29, 2022, does it mean it should be marked received on my portal or as long as I sent it in before the 29th? Because I sent in my transcripts but they are not marked as received and it's driving me crazy :arghh:
I think it needs to be marked as received on the application

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You are allowed to upload unofficial transcripts to the portal and it will be marked complete. Per their website, you only need official transcripts after an interview is granted

Hey y'all! Been creeping on this thread for a while, but just wanted to say that I got my interview invite today around 5:30ish. I was complete on 4/11. It was in my spam folder though so I would recommend checking that lol.

Reactions: 5 users
Got my interview invite last night!! So excited. Complete on 4/15. If we previously applied to Drexel Med and had our CASPer scores sent already for this past cycle do we have to send them again?

Reactions: 4 users
Got my interview invite last night!! So excited. Complete on 4/15. If we previously applied to Drexel Med and had our CASPer scores sent already for this past cycle do we have to send them again?
Yes

Reactions: 1 users
I applied 04/05, still haven’t heard back anything :/

I applied 04/05, still haven’t heard back anything :/
Everyone says to be patient. I was marked as complete a few days after some got interview invites, but my portal still says a decision hasn’t been made. There’s still plenty of hope. Just tucker through these next few weeks ❤️

Does anyone know the time when all the application material is due? It says all material is due April 29th. Is it due before midnight EST?

I don’t think so. I asked this question prior to my interview, “In addition, I have a question regarding Casper. I took the exam on 6/29/2021 and released the results to the Drexel University College of Medicine as a part of the 21/22 MD application cycle. Is this score sufficient for the purposes of this program? If so, is my initial release of the score still valid or do I need to re-release?”

The response from the coordinator was, “As for your question regarding the CASPer score, we should already have them. We look forward to seeing you at your interview.”

Hope that helps!

Anyone else waiting on their letter of recommendations to go through? I only have one letter left to be received for my application is finished. I submitted the letter on 04/27/22 and again on 04/28/22. I submitted through Interfolio. Do I call them to let them know when Interfolio sent the letter?

Anyone else waiting on their letter of recommendations to go through? I only have one letter left to be received for my application is finished. I submitted the letter on 04/27/22 and again on 04/28/22. I submitted through Interfolio. Do I call them to let them know when Interfolio sent the letter?
You could also email they they are very responsive!

Members don't see this ad :)
Praying and sending good vibes to everyone today and moving forward! 😌

Reactions: 2 users
I called cause I heard about the program late and literally just submitted it last night. They say as long as you sent it by the 29th you're okay. The processing time on their end to retrieve all the info doesn't count.

I called cause I heard about the program late and literally just submitted it last night. They say as long as you sent it by the 29th you're okay. The processing time on their end to retrieve all the info doesn't count.
So technically we can still submit things today... right? One of my letter writers is going to submit their letter this afternoon, I really hope today counts.

So technically we can still submit things today... right? One of my letter writers is going to submit their letter this afternoon, I really hope today counts.
yes, I believe so! if not, i'm screwed haha :')

yes, I believe so! if not, i'm screwed haha :')

Ralph Wiggum Reaction GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I’m pretty sure you can. I submitted last night and submitting my LORs this afternoon. Maybe call and check to confirm receipt?

Anyone else's application still marked incomplete even though you submitted unofficial transcripts? Not sure what else to do. I used the link that appears after you submit and e-mailed it to [email protected]. Still marked "Awaiting." If the solution is to send official ones, how exactly do I do that? Thanks guys

• Care
Anyone else's application still marked incomplete even though you submitted unofficial transcripts? Not sure what else to do. I used the link that appears after you submit and e-mailed it to [email protected]. Still marked "Awaiting." If the solution is to send official ones, how exactly do I do that? Thanks guys
They don't need official transcripts until you've been accepted. Since you've already emailed it as well, I'd say be patient because they need time to go through all email submissions. Especially since it's close to the deadline, their inbox is probably inundated. As @mberm.17 said above, the processing time on their end to retrieve all the info doesn't count. Most likely, they're going through and matching your uploaded transcript grades to ones you submitted via the form.

If one doesn’t get into DPMS, do the committees recommend you to the three other programs that they have, or do we have to directly apply?

My bcpm gpa is well below what they recommend, its 2.5 :(
Is anyone else on the same boat or know of anyone ever accepted that had a similar gpa?

just looking for a glimmer of hope lol

Is anyone else on the same boat or know of anyone ever accepted that had a similar gpa?

I’m in the same boat. Lower than what I expected due to calculating my retakes into it.

I’m just being hopeful here. I made sure to put a lot of time and effort to make up for my scores with my essays and I’m hoping they’ll listen enough to at least interview me.

They don't need official transcripts until you've been accepted. Since you've already emailed it as well, I'd say be patient because they need time to go through all email submissions. Especially since it's close to the deadline, their inbox is probably inundated. As @mberm.17 said above, the processing time on their end to retrieve all the info doesn't count. Most likely, they're going through and matching your uploaded transcript grades to ones you submitted via the form.
It was marked complete. In case anyone freaks out for this reason. Goodluck y'all.

I'm in the same boat but remember this program is geared towards students who lack in certain areas. Don't beat yourself up.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I just submitted everything last night and everything has finally been approved. This morning I still had stuff that said awaiting... So just know that the office is putting in work right now LOL !!!!!

Did anyone use interfolio or email to get LORs in? Have your emailed LORs been updated on the portal?

You are allowed to upload unofficial transcripts to the portal and it will be marked complete. Per their website, you only need official transcripts after an interview is granted
That confused me too but unless you send official transcripts, then it won’t be marked as received 🫠

That confused me too but unless you send official transcripts, then it won’t be marked as received 🫠
That wasn't the case for me... I submitted a literal PDF of all the courses I've taken and it's all fine and dandy.

Did anyone use interfolio or email to get LORs in? Have your emailed LORs been updated on the portal?
I used Interfolio to submit all three of my LORs. The turn around time was like 1-2 days from when you submitted it to when it was listed as received in the portal. My last LOR was submitted on 04/27/22 and this morning it was updated as received just for context.

How is everyone's cortisol levels rn? I know several of us were panicking to turn things in last minute... everyone else make it? Right now, those little green checkmarks are the most beautiful things I've ever seen in my entire life.

Hey, I used interfolio to send and it says “preparing to send.”

Anyone know what this means in terms of deadline!?

Attachments

• 1651284195619.png
    1651284195619.png
    121.6 KB · Views: 47
Don’t know where the mouse came from so that answers how nervous I am lol

If one doesn’t get into DPMS, do the committees recommend you to the three other programs that they have, or do we have to directly apply?
They do, and any deposits you may pay during this process (they may have different timelines) are transferable.

That being said, two of those other programs have "guaranteed" interviews (not DPMS's "guaranteed" admission). Plenty of students still matriculate into medical schools, some at Drexel too, others at DO schools, others still at very high ranked MD schools after being rejected from the DPMS program.

My letters of rec are still marked as awaiting do y'all think that's the end of my app for me?

My MCAT scores still say pending this morning but I received an email that my application was submitted and they will begin to review it once the MCAT scores are received. I feel like it's a little contradictory but I shouldn't worry... right???
Biting Nails Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

My MCAT scores still say pending this morning but I received an email that my application was submitted and they will begin to review it once the MCAT scores are received. I feel like it's a little contradictory but I shouldn't worry... right???
Did you send in your scores before or on the 29th? If so, it probably means that since you've already technically submitted your scores by the deadline, it's not in your hands if AAMC hasn't sent it in yet or if DPMS hasn't verified/processed the scores yet. I'm also an applicant so I'm just speculating, but that might be what it is.

Did you send in your scores before or on the 29th? If so, it probably means that since you've already technically submitted your scores by the deadline, it's not in your hands if AAMC hasn't sent it in yet or if DPMS hasn't verified/processed the scores yet. I'm also an applicant so I'm just speculating, but that might be what it is.
This is what I’m thinking. My LORs sent before midnight thankfully and it’s likely sitting in their inbox waiting for them to manually sort through and confirm receipt.

I think you should be fine @mberm.17.

i did send them before so im praying it counts. I've emailed them to confirm but no response yet.

i did send them before so im praying it counts. I've emailed them to confirm but no response yet.
Yeah, I wouldn't worry too much. They'll get to it when they get to it, you did your part in submitting it before the deadline and notifying them.