You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Drexel DPMS 2022-2023
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I don’t think so. I asked this question prior to my interview, “In addition, I have a question regarding Casper. I took the exam on 6/29/2021 and released the results to the Drexel University College of Medicine as a part of the 21/22 MD application cycle. Is this score sufficient for the purposes of this program? If so, is my initial release of the score still valid or do I need to re-release?”Got my interview invite last night!! So excited. Complete on 4/15. If we previously applied to Drexel Med and had our CASPer scores sent already for this past cycle do we have to send them again?
The response from the coordinator was, “As for your question regarding the CASPer score, we should already have them. We look forward to seeing you at your interview.”
Hope that helps!
Anyone else waiting on their letter of recommendations to go through? I only have one letter left to be received for my application is finished. I submitted the letter on 04/27/22 and again on 04/28/22. I submitted through Interfolio. Do I call them to let them know when Interfolio sent the letter?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You could also email they they are very responsive!Anyone else waiting on their letter of recommendations to go through? I only have one letter left to be received for my application is finished. I submitted the letter on 04/27/22 and again on 04/28/22. I submitted through Interfolio. Do I call them to let them know when Interfolio sent the letter?
applicant202X
Full Member
Praying and sending good vibes to everyone today and moving forward! 😌
I called cause I heard about the program late and literally just submitted it last night. They say as long as you sent it by the 29th you're okay. The processing time on their end to retrieve all the info doesn't count.Hey everyone! Quick question: When the application states all material must be received in the admissions office by April 29, 2022, does it mean it should be marked received on my portal or as long as I sent it in before the 29th? Because I sent in my transcripts but they are not marked as received and it's driving me crazy![]()
So technically we can still submit things today... right? One of my letter writers is going to submit their letter this afternoon, I really hope today counts.I called cause I heard about the program late and literally just submitted it last night. They say as long as you sent it by the 29th you're okay. The processing time on their end to retrieve all the info doesn't count.
yes, I believe so! if not, i'm screwed haha :')So technically we can still submit things today... right? One of my letter writers is going to submit their letter this afternoon, I really hope today counts.
applicant202X
Full Member
I’m pretty sure you can. I submitted last night and submitting my LORs this afternoon. Maybe call and check to confirm receipt?So technically we can still submit things today... right? One of my letter writers is going to submit their letter this afternoon, I really hope today counts.
StoicPersona
New Member
Anyone else's application still marked incomplete even though you submitted unofficial transcripts? Not sure what else to do. I used the link that appears after you submit and e-mailed it to [email protected]. Still marked "Awaiting." If the solution is to send official ones, how exactly do I do that? Thanks guys
They don't need official transcripts until you've been accepted. Since you've already emailed it as well, I'd say be patient because they need time to go through all email submissions. Especially since it's close to the deadline, their inbox is probably inundated. As @mberm.17 said above, the processing time on their end to retrieve all the info doesn't count. Most likely, they're going through and matching your uploaded transcript grades to ones you submitted via the form.Anyone else's application still marked incomplete even though you submitted unofficial transcripts? Not sure what else to do. I used the link that appears after you submit and e-mailed it to [email protected]. Still marked "Awaiting." If the solution is to send official ones, how exactly do I do that? Thanks guys
premeddie253
Full Member
Hey guys! please help i dont see where to submit the GPA form!!
premeddie253
Full Member
premeddie253
Full Member
This is all i see when I login...I don't see the actual GPA form or a link
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It should be under checklist instructionsThis is all i see when I login...I don't see the actual GPA form or a link
premeddie253
Full Member
TIt should be under checklist instructions
premeddie253
Full Member
T
Thank you ! I see it now.It should be under checklist instructions
applicant202X
Full Member
I’m in the same boat. Lower than what I expected due to calculating my retakes into it.My bcpm gpa is well below what they recommend, its 2.5 🙁
Is anyone else on the same boat or know of anyone ever accepted that had a similar gpa?
just looking for a glimmer of hope lol
I’m just being hopeful here. I made sure to put a lot of time and effort to make up for my scores with my essays and I’m hoping they’ll listen enough to at least interview me.
StoicPersona
New Member
It was marked complete. In case anyone freaks out for this reason. Goodluck y'all.They don't need official transcripts until you've been accepted. Since you've already emailed it as well, I'd say be patient because they need time to go through all email submissions. Especially since it's close to the deadline, their inbox is probably inundated. As @mberm.17 said above, the processing time on their end to retrieve all the info doesn't count. Most likely, they're going through and matching your uploaded transcript grades to ones you submitted via the form.
premeddie253
Full Member
I'm in the same boat but remember this program is geared towards students who lack in certain areas. Don't beat yourself up.My bcpm gpa is well below what they recommend, its 2.5 🙁
Is anyone else on the same boat or know of anyone ever accepted that had a similar gpa?
just looking for a glimmer of hope lol
premeddie253
Full Member
I just submitted everything last night and everything has finally been approved. This morning I still had stuff that said awaiting... So just know that the office is putting in work right now LOL !!!!!
That confused me too but unless you send official transcripts, then it won’t be marked as received 🫠You are allowed to upload unofficial transcripts to the portal and it will be marked complete. Per their website, you only need official transcripts after an interview is granted
That wasn't the case for me... I submitted a literal PDF of all the courses I've taken and it's all fine and dandy.That confused me too but unless you send official transcripts, then it won’t be marked as received 🫠
I used Interfolio to submit all three of my LORs. The turn around time was like 1-2 days from when you submitted it to when it was listed as received in the portal. My last LOR was submitted on 04/27/22 and this morning it was updated as received just for context.Did anyone use interfolio or email to get LORs in? Have your emailed LORs been updated on the portal?
applicant202X
Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
applicant202X
Full Member
Don’t know where the mouse came from so that answers how nervous I am lol
yes, they doIf one doesn’t get into DPMS, do the committees recommend you to the three other programs that they have, or do we have to directly apply?
They do, and any deposits you may pay during this process (they may have different timelines) are transferable.If one doesn’t get into DPMS, do the committees recommend you to the three other programs that they have, or do we have to directly apply?
That being said, two of those other programs have "guaranteed" interviews (not DPMS's "guaranteed" admission). Plenty of students still matriculate into medical schools, some at Drexel too, others at DO schools, others still at very high ranked MD schools after being rejected from the DPMS program.
My letters of rec are still marked as awaiting do y'all think that's the end of my app for me?
D
deleted1108596
Yeah everything needed turned in on the 29th.My letters of rec are still marked as awaiting do y'all think that's the end of my app for me?
Did you send in your scores before or on the 29th? If so, it probably means that since you've already technically submitted your scores by the deadline, it's not in your hands if AAMC hasn't sent it in yet or if DPMS hasn't verified/processed the scores yet. I'm also an applicant so I'm just speculating, but that might be what it is.My MCAT scores still say pending this morning but I received an email that my application was submitted and they will begin to review it once the MCAT scores are received. I feel like it's a little contradictory but I shouldn't worry... right???
applicant202X
Full Member
This is what I’m thinking. My LORs sent before midnight thankfully and it’s likely sitting in their inbox waiting for them to manually sort through and confirm receipt.Did you send in your scores before or on the 29th? If so, it probably means that since you've already technically submitted your scores by the deadline, it's not in your hands if AAMC hasn't sent it in yet or if DPMS hasn't verified/processed the scores yet. I'm also an applicant so I'm just speculating, but that might be what it is.
I think you should be fine @mberm.17.
i did send them before so im praying it counts. I've emailed them to confirm but no response yet.Did you send in your scores before or on the 29th? If so, it probably means that since you've already technically submitted your scores by the deadline, it's not in your hands if AAMC hasn't sent it in yet or if DPMS hasn't verified/processed the scores yet. I'm also an applicant so I'm just speculating, but that might be what it is.
Yeah, I wouldn't worry too much. They'll get to it when they get to it, you did your part in submitting it before the deadline and notifying them.i did send them before so im praying it counts. I've emailed them to confirm but no response yet.
premeddie253
Full Member
When I called I was told that as long as everything is submitted before the 29th it will not impact your application. So if your LORs were sent before the 29th you are okay. The office is still sorting through emails and updating apps.My letters of rec are still marked as awaiting do y'all think that's the end of my app for me?
premeddie253
Full Member
It took a day for me to receive a confirmation email.Everything on my portal is marked received but I didn't recieve a confirmation email!! Anyone else have the same issue?!
insouciant12
Full Member
same! in the email from kareem it says "you will receive an email with your interview schedule and zoom link prior to the interview day." so we will probably receive it tomorrow!Is anyone else interviewing on Wednesday? I haven't gotten the Zoom link yet and was wondering if anyone else has?
Cool!! Good luck to you!same! in the email from kareem it says "you will receive an email with your interview schedule and zoom link prior to the interview day." so we will probably receive it tomorrow!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good luck in your interview! Let us know how it goes!same! in the email from kareem it says "you will receive an email with your interview schedule and zoom link prior to the interview day." so we will probably receive it tomorrow!
thank you! May I ask the reason for deciding to not attend this program?Got an interview invite on last Wednesday. But withdrew my application. Best of luck everyone!
Congrats to you future doctor!!Of course! I got accepted into OSU’s MEDPATH program. Weighed a lot of pros/cons and decided that it’s a much better fit.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 307
- Views
- 44K
- Replies
- 357
- Views
- 102K
- Replies
- 664
- Views
- 106K