Drexel DPMS 2022-2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The silence is deafening…

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
asked this same question and no one seems to have an answer other than “be yourself” lol
Lol because it is. Seriously just be yourself. My interviewer didn't ask any medical questions. He just straight up asked me questions about my personal life and what my goals are and what I am currently doing. If you can talk about your life and goals, you will do great.

Reactions: 2 users
How long was the interview? How many interviewers were there? Sounds like an open-file interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol because it is. Seriously just be yourself. My interviewer didn't ask any medical questions. He just straight up asked me questions about my personal life and what my goals are and what I am currently doing. If you can talk about your life and goals, you will do great.
Here to re-emphasize this - There is only so much you can do to prepare, and everyone in our cohort had different interview experiences. Some people were interviewed for 1hr. In my case, it was done in less than 25 minutes. Review your application/experiences and personal statements (in my opinion, this is the most critical component). The overall theme of the interview deals with why DPMS is the right fit for you and how it aligns with your goals, and it ties with your story ~ being underrepresented, a minority, specific challenges, etc. < Whatever that story looks like for an individual will vary drastically ~ as @Buhnee said earlier "Being vulnerable is not a disadvantage when it comes to this program" and I couldn't agree more! DPMS was literally designed for students like us who come from all walks of life and sharing those anecdotes/raw emotions is definitely not something to fear.

I hope this helps :)

I have a question. Does the program do grade replacement? I have a pretty recent bad semester and I have a reason for it, but I’m super nervous about the grades. I retook the classes and did better.

Is there somewhere in particular where I can explain? I don’t want to get rejected because of this and I’m already a non trad.

Reactions: 1 user
I have a question. Does the program do grade replacement? I have a pretty recent bad semester and I have a reason for it, but I’m super nervous about the grades. I retook the classes and did better.

Is there somewhere in particular where I can explain? I don’t want to get rejected because of this and I’m already a non trad.
I'm not familiar with grade replacements for any program - do you mean that they will just consider the grade you got the second time around and disregard the first one?

In general, I would say no. They'll likely be looking at your current GPA along with all your grades. I understand your frustration with this and this is why crafting your personal statement as true to your story is so important - your struggles are revealed there. Dips in GPA and particular experiences that have set students back for XYZ reasons are why applications are reviewed hollistically. So while it is an important factor, it is definitely NOT everything. I would definitely focus on the parts of your application that you have full control over, like PS, and the rest you can't really do anything about.

If you have been offered an interview, you can probably go more in depth if you are asked about it or just talk about it in general if you feel the need.

I'm not familiar with grade replacements for any program - do you mean that they will just consider the grade you got the second time around and disregard the first one?

In general, I would say no. They'll likely be looking at your current GPA along with all your grades. I understand your frustration with this and this is why crafting your personal statement as true to your story is so important - your struggles are revealed there. Dips in GPA and particular experiences that have set students back for XYZ reasons are why applications are reviewed hollistically. So while it is an important factor, it is definitely NOT everything. I would definitely focus on the parts of your application that you have full control over, like PS, and the rest you can't really do anything about.

If you have been offered an interview, you can probably go more in depth if you are asked about it or just talk about it in general if you feel the need.
Thank you! Yeah I meant considering the final grade. I think DO schools did it and it changed recently, but I’m not too sure.

My sGPA is actually still okay with it. I believe I would still be over the competitive GPA. It’s only a 1 credit class and I received an A in the first level of the course, so I can definitely explain. The circumstances around it I think I can do better covering in the disadvantaged essay.

Hi all! I submitted my application 3/23, then uploaded my unofficial transcripts two days later. I received an email saying I’m missing 2 transcripts. I uploaded them again 3/30. Still missing so I contacted Drexel, received no response, them uploaded again 4/5. These still have a red X next to them. Should I send official transcripts? I don’t want to miss this opportunity 😁
Yes do official transcripts!!

Good luck to everyone interviewing this week! Let us know how it goes (if you feel comfortable sharing)!

Does anyone know if they accept superscores for MCAT? My superscore is a 499 but not individual tests.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone, I’m trying to sign up for the Casper test. However, the only test available for Drexel is for the admission cycle of 2022-2023. Is it okay if I take the Casper test for that cycle?

Does anyone know if they accept superscores for MCAT? My superscore is a 499 but not individual tests.
In previous years they have not. So my guess is this will continue. Also in order to make contract you must have a 499 min and 123 min in each section on your latest exam. You are given 2 chances to take the MCAT while in DPMS in order to make contract.

All the best future doctor! My interview is on Wednesday, please come back to update us on how the interview wely

how was it?!
I think it went well! My interviewer and I had a few things in common and talked about those commonalities. It felt like a conversation. I don’t know why I was so nervous originally but I’m glad it didn’t take over and actually subsided while I was asked my first question. I’m glad that part is over and now it is a waiting game again. In the mean time, although confident of my interview, I will still place my deposit for nursing school today (just to secure my backup plan).

Wishing everyone the best of luck!! Rooting for us all!! Stay positive and don’t doubt yourself nor your abilities!

Reactions: 5 users
I think it went well! My interviewer and I had a few things in common and talked about those commonalities. It felt like a conversation. I don’t know why I was so nervous originally but I’m glad it didn’t take over and actually subsided while I was asked my first question. I’m glad that part is over and now it is a waiting game again. In the mean time, although confident of my interview, I will still place my deposit for nursing school today (just to secure my backup plan).

Wishing everyone the best of luck!! Rooting for us all!! Stay positive and don’t doubt yourself nor your abilities!
I’m glad it went on well- keeping my fingers crossed with you! I’m positive that you’d get in! All the best with your endeavors!

I’m glad it went on well- keeping my fingers crossed with you! I’m positive that you’d get in! All the best with your endeavors!
Thank you! I appreciate the support. Y’all are awesome!😭❤️

Hey y'all, first time on here and I've been reading some of your awesome feedback. I'm currently an MPH student graduating next May 2023. I'll be applying for DPMS next cycle (2023-2024). I graduated undergrad in 2021 and it has been soooo hard trying to get letters of recommendations. My previous science professors are either overloaded with LOR requests (cause most students took gap years after COVID) or they're just not responding to my emails. Did any of you encounter this issue? if so, how did you overcome?

That’s awesome! I’m so happy for you!!! Fingers crossed

Hey y'all, first time on here and I've been reading some of your awesome feedback. I'm currently an MPH student graduating next May 2023. I'll be applying for DPMS next cycle (2023-2024). I graduated undergrad in 2021 and it has been soooo hard trying to get letters of recommendations. My previous science professors are either overloaded with LOR requests (cause most students took gap years after COVID) or they're just not responding to my emails. Did any of you encounter this issue? if so, how did you overcome?

I honestly got one professional LOR, and I got two from professors that were science related courses but not necessarily a hard science.

Hi does anyone know how long it takes for letters to be uploaded onto their application ? My committee letter was emailed on 04/14.
For me, it kinda varied. Some of my LOR were updated within a couple of hours and one of them took a couple of days to be updated on the portal.

For me, it kinda varied. Some of my LOR were updated within a couple of hours and one of them took a couple of days to be updated on the portal.
Thank you it was received !!

Congrats again to those who interviewed today (or this week)! Let us know if you have any questions either about interview day or about your upcoming interview :)

Congrats again to those who interviewed today (or this week)! Let us know if you have any questions either about interview day or about your upcoming interview :)

Do you know if they’re still extending interview invitations? I’m starting to get really nervous

Do you know if they’re still extending interview invitations? I’m starting to get really nervous
I know the deadline to submit applications is April 29th, so I would guess that they are! There isn't always a predictable nature to when you submit and when an invitation may be extended. So hang in there!

Reactions: 4 users
Interviews will likely continue through next month because those who submit on the very last day are equally considered :)

So Hang in there! Try to stay busy while you can. I know the waiting game is awful and can drive you insane and unfortunately that's how it goes - for both interviews & decisions.

Reactions: 3 users
I’m stalking this thread for any updates from anyone 😭😂

Hi everyone! I interviewed this week and I'd like to share my thoughts. I'll preface by saying that in general I love interviews (both being an interviewee and an interviewer) and I have quite a bit of experience with them.

Going into this one, I took the feedback of many posts on this and past year's threads which advised to be yourself, know your application/essays, and be prepared to answer the standard "Why medicine?" question. In my opinion, these recommendations were spot on and I'd encourage future interviewees to heed that advice. There weren't any tricks or wildly difficult questions, and much of it felt very conversational rather than being rigid or formulaic.

With all of this said, I'm very conflicted about my experience overall. As I've seen noted in past year's threads, though we were having a conversation, my interviewer came off a bit impersonal/cold, and much to my disappointment, at times I even felt rushed/cut off while responding. Previous posts have noted a feeling of boxes being checked during the interview, and I got much of that same impression during mine. I'm confident in the responses I provided despite the bad vibes I got though, and I encourage everyone to push through if you find yourself feeling the same way I did during my experience. I have high hopes for everyone being interviewed, and I wish each of you the very best of luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
I was complete on 4/15, it could be between 2 to 4 weeks to hear back for an interview right? Has anyone heard earlier?

Sorry if this has already been asked - but are official transcripts required or is my application considered "complete" even with unofficial transcripts? Hope someone can help me answer this! :)

Sorry if this has already been asked - but are official transcripts required or is my application considered "complete" even with unofficial transcripts? Hope someone can help me answer this! :)
I bought official e transcripts then uploaded the unofficial ones myself. Mine were marked as complete.

Hi all! I submitted my application 3/23, then uploaded my unofficial transcripts two days later. I received an email saying I’m missing 2 transcripts. I uploaded them again 3/30. Still missing so I contacted Drexel, received no response, them uploaded again 4/5. These still have a red X next to them. Should I send official transcripts? I don’t want to miss this opportunity 😁

I still have one transcript not showing up in my portal and I’m concerned. I’ve called and left messages for Ms. Hill, I’ve sent three emails to the com email address, admissions, and copied Ms. Hill. No one has returned correspondence. Every time I call I get a voicemail. I submitted my application on 3/23, then received an email stating my application was incomplete. I have uploaded my missing transcript in PDF format on 3/30 and again 4/5, however they were still marked as missing. I went ahead and ordered official transcripts to be sent 4/12, and they were sent. Checked my portal today, and they are still marked as missing. Does anyone have contact information that leads to an actual person? Any advice on what to do?? I have 4 days left and I’ve tried everything 😞

I honestly got one professional LOR, and I got two from professors that were science related courses but not necessarily a hard science.
Wow thank you so much. I've been beating myself up about this!

I still have one transcript not showing up in my portal and I’m concerned. I’ve called and left messages for Ms. Hill, I’ve sent three emails to the com email address, admissions, and copied Ms. Hill. No one has returned correspondence. Every time I call I get a voicemail. I submitted my application on 3/23, then received an email stating my application was incomplete. I have uploaded my missing transcript in PDF format on 3/30 and again 4/5, however they were still marked as missing. I went ahead and ordered official transcripts to be sent 4/12, and they were sent. Checked my portal today, and they are still marked as missing. Does anyone have contact information that leads to an actual person? Any advice on what to do?? I have 4 days left and I’ve tried everything 😞
Did it give confirmation it got uploaded? I had an issue with one transcript and then realized it didn't upload due to a file error.

Hi! Is there anyone submitting on the last day? If so, how are you going about making sure your mcat scores & LORS are all received by April 29th? I read on the website that everything needs to be received by them on the last day which is April 29th. I'm worried that if I submit on the last day, it may take a few days for them to actually receive my LORS from interfolio. I'm confused on what to do. Debating if I should wait until the next cycle to apply :/

Hi! Is there anyone submitting on the last day? If so, how are you going about making sure your mcat scores & LORS are all received by April 29th? I read on the website that everything needs to be received by them on the last day which is April 29th. I'm worried that if I submit on the last day, it may take a few days for them to actually receive my LORS from interfolio. I'm confused on what to do. Debating if I should wait until the next cycle to apply :/
Hi! You can submit your Interfolio LOR now without submitting your application. Once Interfolio sends your letters, they (Interfolio) emails you with an update. And MCAT scores take about 2 days to be received.
Good luck!

Hi! You can submit your Interfolio LOR now without submitting your application. Once Interfolio sends your letters, they (Interfolio) emails you with an update. And MCAT scores take about 2 days to be received.
Good luck!
Thank you so much!

Highly recommend uploading everything without hitting submit. It took over 3 weeks for one of my transcripts to post to my account. Generally a two day turn around for everything else. I would upload everything today then submit 4/29

Is anyone else submitting their application today or within the next two days?