Einstein over NYMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

docforsure

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which one should i pick? NYMC offered me 15K scholarship but I'm still waiting for Einstein to get back to me on that Service and Research scholarship.

Members don't see this ad.

I got accepted at both.

Same money, Einstein wins easily.

For the money you are talking about from NYMC, I don't think that would be enough of an incentive for me.

I liked Einstein, just didn't like its location. Was less impressed with NYMC on any level, but at the right price, or if it was my only option, I would not hesitate to attend.

Members don't see this ad :)
isnt the bronx a better location than valhalla?? might be a little ghetto but its the closet you can be to manhattan without being in manhattan

Im basically trying to justify choosing Einstein over NYMC in the worst case scenario that Einstein would cost me $60K more

Einstein is a significantly better school and I would definitely pick it over NYMC for 60k. Both are kind of isolated but you will have many more opportunities at Einstein.

isnt the bronx a better location than valhalla?? might be a little ghetto but its the closet you can be to manhattan without being in manhattan

Im basically trying to justify choosing Einstein over NYMC in the worst case scenario that Einstein would cost me $60K more

Einstein is not near any trains. If access to Manhattan really matters to you, it is easier to catch the train in Valhalla to mid town than to get there from Einstein which requires multiple busses and trains.

I think Einstein is the superior school, and the basis for my choice.

The $60k is a personal decision. Like I said, not enough to sway me, but some other person might have a lower threshhold, and I respect that.

Einstein is not near any trains. If access to Manhattan really matters to you, it is easier to catch the train in Valhalla to mid town than to get there from Einstein which requires multiple busses and trains.

The $60k is a personal decision. Like I said, not enough to sway me, but some other person might have a lower threshhold, and I respect that.

I would like to emphasize this.

I would like to emphasize this.

Not necessarily true. There is an express bus from the doorstep of Einstein that takes you straight to the heart of Manhattan (midtown to be exact).

OP, all things considered, I'd choose Einstein because of their purely P/F grading system for the first 2 years and remarkable amount of abroad opportunities to do your 3rd/4th year rotations at.

Status
Not open for further replies.