2021-2022 Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Post II R

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Can I hear people's thoughts on the difference between the WL and the rolling admissions status? And the chances of getting an A straight off the regular WL?

Can I hear people's thoughts on the difference between the WL and the rolling admissions status? And the chances of getting an A straight off the regular WL?
From what I hear, the chances of getting off the regular WL are low

Members don't see this ad :)
What exactly is the difference in wording between the normal WL and HPWL? The subject line for my email was WL but it’s really positive and encourages me to send updates to Mary Pace. Someone reported earlier in the thread they were told to email a different person in their WL email so I’m confused.

hard to say, but in recent years (2020 onwards) einstein seems to draw only from hpwl. but, the regular wl saw movement in prior years pre 2020. personally, i'd treat a regular WL just like any other WL. just bc they haven't drawn from the regular WL in a few years doesn't say all too much. especially since pre 2020 is pre pandemic. stuff has been extra weird in the past few years. the sample size is still small... why would they even bother keeping a regular WL, ya know?

What exactly is the difference in wording between the normal WL and HPWL? The subject line for my email was WL but it’s really positive and encourages me to send updates to Mary Pace. Someone reported earlier in the thread they were told to email a different person in their WL email so I’m confused.
sounds like hpwl

But didn’t everyone who said they got HPWL say it was in the subject line? Mine just says Einstein- Waitlist
ok maybe not then. i believe hpwl says rolling admissions in the subject line.

So based on these posts and last years, it sounds like two emails went out with two different subject lines:

"Einstein – Rolling Admissions" = high priority wait list (?)
"Einstein – Waitlist" = regular wait list (?)

I could definitely be wrong on this though.

the HPWL mentions rolling admissions I think. There was some unique wording in the first couple sentences that makes the distinction.

Historically, has Einstein ever sent another admission wave of people from HPWL/WL by April 30?

Historically, has Einstein ever sent another admission wave of people from HPWL/WL by April 30?
Yes but not in the last couple years I don't think. Also, they seem to preempt their offers by sending "still interested" emails out to make sure people will accept their offers if they send them. If you get one of those, its a pretty good indicator of an eventual A. But since no one has posted about receiving one yet they're probably not ready to send out A's yet to HPWL/WL.

Members don't see this ad :)
got the April 15 follow up email!

same. is this the “still interested” email??

Attachments

• 2CBCCC79-C5D4-4F0D-9564-E471FAF0E568.jpeg
    2CBCCC79-C5D4-4F0D-9564-E471FAF0E568.jpeg
    150.2 KB · Views: 386
For those who were wait listed (regular), did the email you guys received say anything about confirming your continued interest? Mine didn't say that I had to do anything. However, I was told to feel free to provide updates.

For those who got the April 15th email. What did you write to Dean Kerrigan? Was it a quick response saying y/n? I have already sent a LOI and have no interest writing another... do we think that's what they want?

For those who got the April 15th email. What did you write to Dean Kerrigan? Was it a quick response saying y/n? I have already sent a LOI and have no interest writing another... do we think that's what they want?
yeah, I just emailed her saying "i am still interested." i also sent a LOI back in feb and dont think they're asking for another

Reactions: 2 users
I did the exact same as Dudlee. Was just a quick 'still interested' and I did not send another LOI (they sent a confirmation of receipt when I sent that so I know it's already in my file).

Reactions: 1 users
How long until you got a confirmation email for the april 15th update?
I didn't get a confirmation/reply either! (BTW in case it was ambiguous in my post above, when I mentioned receiving a confirmation, I was referring to the confirmation I got when I sent an LOI last month, not to the April 15th email!)

Did everyone on the HPWL get the April 15 email? Just trying to gauge whether its a good indicator or not.

Did everyone on the HPWL get the April 15 email? Just trying to gauge whether its a good indicator or not.
I got HPWL this week, and I didn’t get the April 15th email. It may be because I got it so recently though.

Reactions: 3 users
Are there any current students here that could speak on the exam schedule for M1/M2? Specifically how frequent the exams are and on what day of the week they fall on. Thanks!

just received email confirmation from dean kerrigan that she received my response to the 4/15 still interested email

just received email confirmation from dean kerrigan that she received my response to the 4/15 still interested email
Thanks for letting us know!! Mind if I ask when you sent yours? I didn't get a response so now I sit here in paranoia

Thanks for letting us know!! Mind if I ask when you sent yours? I didn't get a response so now I sit here in paranoia
I also received confirmation but submitted it the same day it was sent (4/15). I wouldn’t worry! I think she’s probably just getting back to emails now after the long weekend :)

i also sent it the day of but i wouldnt worry. im sure shes still in the process of responding to all the emails

Rolling admissions people, are you guys writing to Ms. Pace straight in the email body or attaching a PDF of a letter?

Rolling admissions people, are you guys writing to Ms. Pace straight in the email body or attaching a PDF of a letter?
I just wrote to her directly in the body this time. I had previously sent an LOI though (attached as a PDF).

i also sent it the day of but i wouldnt worry. im sure shes still in the process of responding to all the emails
I also received confirmation but submitted it the same day it was sent (4/15). I wouldn’t worry! I think she’s probably just getting back to emails now after the long weekend :)

Thanks fam! I wrote to her the same day as well (4/15) ahhh FML 😞

People who sent Dean Kerrigan a reply to the April 15th rolling admissions still interested email, did you get a confirmation? I sent my email to her on Friday but I haven't gotten any confirmation that she received it like I have for all my other emails to Einstein.

People who sent Dean Kerrigan a reply to the April 15th rolling admissions still interested email, did you get a confirmation? I sent my email to her on Friday but I haven't gotten any confirmation that she received it like I have for all my other emails to Einstein.
I did - sent mine same day (4/15) and got response on 4/18. Just said “Thank you, [name]!” from Dean Kerrigan.

Yeah same, no response yet. I'm usually only low-level neurotic, but the email seemed pretty clear that if we didn't email her then we wouldn't be considered any longer, so I am quite worried she missed my email. I feel weird resending it though.

[email protected] - was this the right email?

Yeah same, no response yet. I'm usually only low-level neurotic, but the email seemed pretty clear that if we didn't email her then we wouldn't be considered any longer, so I am quite worried she missed my email. I feel weird resending it though.

Yes, that’s the right email. I feel like there’s no harm in reaching out and confirming that she received your response. Maybe wait a couple days since you have until the 29th

Yes I generally try to avoid being to neurotic, but I would maybe wait until Friday and then just send a follow-up to be safe.

Is there a precedent of being admitted before the 4/30 plan to enroll deadline for those that got the 4/15 rolling admissions email?

For people who got the regular waitlist email, does Einstein show up on AMCAS?