Endodontic Residency Interviews 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I asked last year applicants and they said thry got their offers late September/early October.
Be patient ✌️
Hi any news from USC?

Members don't see this ad.

I just got an invitation to interview at CWRU.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
USC sent their acceptances and I wasn’t lucky enough this year. Good luck to the rest of you!

We are best dental academy in UK . Our courses will allow dentists and DCPs to maintain their clinical work whilst doing their training and developing new skills at their own pace. Come and join us to get dental training.

If anyone sees this, it would be great if I can get clarification on the timeline in applying to endo residency. I'm currently a D3 student and I plan to do a GPR, but I realized that in order to not have a gap year between GPR and endo residency, I need to apply during the end of my D4 year. Is this what most people do, or do people actually complete the GPR and then apply and have a gap year?

The cycle for endo opens in May of each year, so if you do not want the gap year, then yes you will start the endo application process in the spring of D4. I did this exact process of applying at the end of D4, doing my GPR currently, and then I'll be going straight into endo residency in July. It's very doable.
The only real issue I ran into with this was not making the GPR mad by taking a good amount of time off in July-August for interviews.

Hello all congrats who got accepted this cycle, all the best for next cycle people who are still in the boat. I am working on my resume now. people who got accepted can you please share some thoughts and experiences. thank you all

Reactions: 1 user
Hello all congrats who got accepted this cycle, all the best for next cycle people who are still in the boat. I am working on my resume now. people who got accepted can you please share some thoughts and experiences. thank you all
1) Make sure your PASS Application is ready to be submitted that first week or two after the cycle opens
2) Join the AAE and attend the annual conference if you can
3) Make sure to have a solid foundation in the specialty- makes interview conversation flow- you can talk about potential research topics, methods you use or don’t use, methods they teach, etc
4) Be ready to accept an offer a day or so after the interview- so if you get accepted into your 3rd choice and haven’t interviewed at your first choice yet, then you need to be prepared on how to handle that- and accepting the position and continuing to interview is frowned upon

Pretty much what he ^ said.

Also, apply to as many programs as you think is reasonable. Endo is a numbers game. Keep the odds in your favor.

Lets keep a running list of interview dates. As you get them please update this list with the date(s) of the interview, and how you got the invite (phone or email). Please use the other ENDO 2020 thread for other questions regarding applications.

Lets keep a running list of interview dates. As you get them please update this list with the date(s) of the interview, and how you got the invite (phone or email). Please use the other ENDO 2020 thread for other questions regarding applications.
I suggest you start a new thread for the 2020 endo interviews...otherwise people are going to be real confused since this thread is from last year's interviews

Any advice for how many schools to apply to? I was thinking 15-20? Is that too many?

Any advice for how many schools to apply to? I was thinking 15-20? Is that too many?
If you have a strong app this is unnecessary. Apply to schools you could legitimately see yourself going to. It ends up being a lot of money, a lot of work with the supplemental info, and then if you start getting a lot of interviews, travel and time off become an issue. But again, depends how strong of an applicant you are.

If you have a strong app this is unnecessary. Apply to schools you could legitimately see yourself going to. It ends up being a lot of money, a lot of work with the supplemental info, and then if you start getting a lot of interviews, travel and time off become an issue. But again, depends how strong of an applicant you are.

I don't think I am a "strong" applicant on paper. Went to a pass/fail school, nbde was pass/fail. I have one year experience, did some research in school(non-endo related) have taken some endo CE and I believe will have medium-strong letters of rec. I also did a masters program before DS (not sure if that matters), and ive been shadowing an endodontist. I don't have anything that screams amazing (like a gpr/aegd etc), thats why I was thinking of casting a large net and seeing what happens? I think I am well rounded, but just not a magical unicorn on paper :(