England - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

day 9.png

~

lances up.png

Huh. Strange.

no one has died.png
~
players and locations.png
LONDON

YORKSHIRE & THE NORTH
*desolate*

OXFORD & CAMBRIDGE
*musty*
CORNWALL
PARTS UNKNOWN
*lonely*
AVALON
@Aprilthearab - Robin Hood, item thief​
@SARdoghandler - Lilibet
@TelemarketingEnigma - Margaret Thatcher, 2x executioner​
@vetmedhead - William Shakespeare, write up modifier​
@Viscernable - Sir Isaac Newton, physical action redirector​
@Zenge142 - Alan Turing, cryptanalyst​
@mkg323 - Jack the Ripper, ninja ladyseer wolf​
@BobLoblaw78 - Queen Victoria
@The_Breadmann - Winston Churchill, heavy vote​
@alissa14 - Anne Boleyn
@sunshinefl - Ebenezer Scrooge, rotating role seer + action seer + spirit-medium wolf​
@DocEspana - Princess Di, vulnerable royal​
@Animal Midwife - James Herriot, status effect healer​
@finnickthedog - Sheriff of Nottingham, stubborn jailer + item hoarder​
@WildZoo - Sherlock Holmes, tracker​
@Stagg737 - Lady Godiva, innocent child​
@genny - Hermione Granger, free choice JOAT​
@alleycat03 - Elizabeth I
@SportPonies - The White Witch, wolf bribery seer + silencer​
@Crayola227 - James Bond, 3x vigilante​
@capri1722 - Emma Woodhouse, conversation matchmaker​
@Ms Procrastinator- Charles Darwin, traveling PMer+ delayed aura seer​

IT IS NOW NIGHT NINE
6 PLAYERS REMAIN.
NIGHT CLOSES AS SOON AS ALL ACTIONS ARE IN

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 1 users
Contingency yeet dina

If we’re not dead because you talked me out of the alpha so hard

Also, wolves you can kill me.
I lied about my death avoidance.
it was just a decreasing percentage. I was attacked when I had a 75% chance of living.
So I realize this game is probably already over.... but if ya wanna eat me in case it’s not I’ll take my first WW loss as the final kill please

Members don't see this ad :)
And as I said to Cyndia, I have no idea why Dina’s role claim would have access to Dartmoor horses. Her character’s horse is an Irish something but I just didn’t think she could bus THAT HARD

Members don't see this ad :)
23 Times Nadiya Hussain Was An Absolute Badass Babe

What a whirlwind! The GGreat BBritish BBake-Off was the shortest season of Bake Off yet, with an accelerated timeline and unusual rules (optional challenges! A technical with a full recipe! No showstopper!). With these unusual twists, judging who would be Star Baker for the week was exceptionally difficult - and the bakers this season were top notch.

Among the many impressive contestants, there was one who really stood out to the judges. Her signature challenge bake was remarkable in its technique, execution, and presentation. Although she was unable to complete the technical challenge, the judges were blown away by her baking and she was far enough ahead to take the coveted Bake Off trophy.

And the winner is...

As an aside, thanks to all of you who participated in the BBake-Off, it was a crazy thought I'd had to try and keep things interesting while the game was on pause, and I appreciate how many of you humored it!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
OH GOD I FORGOT ABOUT THE BAKING AND YOU SAID CYNDIA WON AND THOUGHT SHE WAS SOME FABULOUS 3RD PARTY LOL

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
More taking it personally. I think I just won, and I think my play was top notch.
And as a wolf you did play top notch. Never did anything that made me suspect you.

maybe I should have caught on when LiS’s last post wasn’t post restricted but I forgot lol

11 reasons the Great British Bake Off will not be the same without Mel and  Sue

“What an unusual season of Bake Off,” Sue and Mel agreed as they looked at the judging table, where 2 plates of scones awaited the judges. “This is the first time where contestants have been able to opt out of the technical - or forgotten to submit their bakes for the signature challenge!”

“Well, you know, 2020 was very unusual, and that’s rolling over into 2021. Let’s get on with the judging!”

Paul and Mary entered the tent and spent a few moments studying the 2 plates of scones. They were suitably chuffed by the quality given how little time the bakers had to make a recipe unfamiliar to them, and only the finest of details could separate the two.

“This was a very difficult decision. Both bakers did a simply wonderful job with these scones; they’re not stodgy or dry, the bake is lovely, and they’re baked through.”

Ultimately, though, the superior crumb structure of TelemarketingEnigma’s scones just squeaked past Doggo Labs’ (Mary also wondered what had happened to the remainder of Doggo’s scones, as she presented fewer than TME; it turned out that she sampled them when they came out of the oven and found them irresistible).

P3gzrYazfpV9CZNVR_rwRs1SqaOw3fGB1z9vz8jfLFJW5DCsGm2R6rhX8LPbyyT8rV8bgRqDSfmlumb2cyTessRZHtNHzrgvfM_Yb98XS8AqvLPxf95ZZNEc4eSBHCXXA4LXqdDf

Congrats to @TelemarketingEnigma, the winner of the technical challenge!

Final BBake-Off write up pending.
It’s true that I did eat a lot right out of the oven, but the fourth one looked really bad, so I couldn’t add it to the pic. Would have done a disservice to the scone name

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
And know who I’m going to salt yeet in the future for being a dirty dirty deep busser lol

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
LiS pocketing me in PMs with Facebook talk and then I get un-pocketed and still lose *mumbles*

guys I’m letting my frustration that I have toward work tonight out here because no one I know is awake so I’m sorry lol

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
and hit play for the best experience while you read. :)

night nine.png

1618545363779.png

For weeks, the villagers had wondered who was responsible for killing members of their ranks. The deaths of many of their beloved female royals had them nearing a state of panic. Was someone targeting the royal family? Was it an aggrieved villager? Could it be a foreign agent, sent from Spain or France to weaken the monarchy?

The king laughed to himself as he watched the panic of his subjects. Not one for the doldrums of day to day ruling, no one enjoyed a masquerade more. He chuckled to himself, thinking that at his latest masquerade ball, he’d persuaded people that he was a different king.

“Can you believe they thought I was someone else?” he exclaimed to his trusted advisor. “Me, Henry the 8th!”

~

Arthur had seen his subjects struggling through the recent days, and felt the full weight of their worry on his shoulders. He knew he had to do something. With the deaths of the people he had held to be traitors, there was only one person remaining who could have betrayed the country he loved so dearly. His hand moved to touch the hilt of the sword at his side as he recalled a sunlit glade so many years ago. With determination, he set out for the Palace at Whitehall.

~
He dismounted at the palace gates and strode into the ballroom, where there was an uneasy gathering of courtiers. Striding ahead with resolve and drawing forth Excalibur, his voice rung out and echoed through the hall. "Henry, you have been charged with high treason against the crown. You have murdered our citizens and destroyed our country's peace. You do not deserve to lead, nor your seat on that throne. I challenge you to single combat."

Henry’s face darkened into the rage that was familiar to his advisors. Though as a younger man, he’d been known for his charisma and way with the ladies, in recent years, he’d gone through wives the way most men went through a pint of beer. He was on his 6th wife at this point, after executing 2 of them and losing the remainder through a flurry of annulments or divorces. His old jousting wound caused him constant pain, and his temper was short. He’d heard that his advisors were calling him “the original ladykiller” and this didn’t sit well with him.

In his heyday, Henry was a champion at fencing, and an impressive jouster. Although he had not raised a sword in years because of his injuries, when he heard there was a challenger to his throne who was beloved by the village, he knew he had to pick up the sword and defend the title he’d held from the age of 17. But alas, despite his best efforts, he just didn’t have the smooth parries and rapid jabs with the sword that he needed. The legendary sword slid past his armor like it was made of paper and sliced his chest. Around the edges of the room, the citizens watched in hushed apprehension as they waited for the traitorous king to fall. As he looked into the eyes of England's true Once and Future King, Henry's only regret was that he hadn’t killed a few more subjects to ensure he was remembered.

Dead is @LetItSnow , KING HENRY VIII

~

tors 1.jpeg

After the battle, KING ARTHUR, @Barkley13 , rode to Glastonbury, where he mysteriously disappeared from public life. In later days, the legends would say that he did not die, but rather crossed through the mists with an enchantress, and was alive and well in Avalon.

GEOFFREY CHAUCER, @holdthemayo, would go on to write an epic about the noble men, women, and pigeons who had saved the country from ruin.

In Cornwall, ROSS POLDARK, @Dinashadow , put his arm around his beloved wife Demelza, gave his trusty pit pony a pat, and went into the homestead, safe at last.

THE DOCTOR, @Cyndia , climbed into the TARDIS with a knowing grin. Off to the future or the past...this time he'd let fate decide.

Prime Minister @samac , also known as MR. DARCY, set off back to his beloved Pemberley. He knew all the roads by heart.

village wins.png

Thank you all for playing.

Special thanks to wonderful player-turned-mod, @supershorty , for her support, write up assistance, and excellent culinary judgement.

superlatives.png

will be linked here tomorrow, along with the

Spreadsheet.​

CORNWALL
@samac - Mr. Darcy, role name watcher​
@Cyndia - Doctor Who, 2x night fast-forward​
@Barkley13 - King Arthur
@Dinashadow - Ross Poldark, unidirectional people mover​
@holdthemayo - Geoffrey Chaucer, odd night post restrictor, even night storyteller​
AVALON
@Aprilthearab - Robin Hood, item thief​
@SARdoghandler - Lilibet
@TelemarketingEnigma - Margaret Thatcher, 2x executioner​
@vetmedhead - William Shakespeare, write up modifier​
@Viscernable - Sir Isaac Newton, physical action redirector​
@Zenge142 - Alan Turing, cryptanalyst​
@mkg323 - Jack the Ripper, ninja ladyseer wolf​
@BobLoblaw78 - Queen Victoria
@The_Breadmann - Winston Churchill, heavy vote​
@alissa14 - Anne Boleyn
@sunshinefl - Ebenezer Scrooge, rotating role seer + action seer + spirit-medium wolf​
@DocEspana - Princess Di, vulnerable royal​
@Animal Midwife - James Herriot, status effect healer​
@finnickthedog - Sheriff of Nottingham, stubborn jailer + item hoarder​
@WildZoo - Sherlock Holmes, tracker​
@Stagg737 - Lady Godiva, innocent child​
@genny - Hermione Granger, free choice JOAT​
@alleycat03 - Elizabeth I
@SportPonies - The White Witch, wolf bribery seer + silencer​
@Crayola227 - James Bond, 3x vigilante​
@capri1722 - Emma Woodhouse, conversation matchmaker​
@Ms Procrastinator- Charles Darwin, traveling PMer+ delayed aura seer​
@LetItSnow - Henry VIII, strongarm alpha-ish wolf who could attempt a nightly extra kill on female characters​

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
And lol at the extra kill on females when we had all males left ahahahahahaha

mayo I’m sorry and please enjoy this pigeon as an apology
8D990D90-FC14-45EE-97EE-47CA3F901C87.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
(Pippy I loved your game and it was beautiful for a tinfoiler like me and thank you. But I’m yeeting you because I was 1000% sure we lost lol)

Reactions: 6 users
And lol at the extra kill on females when we had all males left ayayayayayayaya

mayo I’m sorry and please enjoy this pigeon as an apology
View attachment 335034
Hey there I didn't read a whole wiki article on gender in the Doctor Who universe for no reason. :p

(Actually not sure what Pip decided as far as that one, but it was definitely a conversation we had lol).

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Also cray, I lied to try and save my own life. Kinda regret making it to end game and it was stressful but I swear I didn’t share everything I know. I even lied to DubZ on that one just in case I was being pocketed lol

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
Oh good grief it wasn't even that close. Barks had a kill avoidance. A real one this time ;)
I mean I had one for 2 days lol.
But Im mad LiS wouldn’t make a move on Dina. I watched her 3 nights in a row lol.

also, sorry if I’m a little extra mean tonight the ER has frustrated the **** out of me tonight and my god if I had to do er psych for a living I’d quit my job

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Pepperidge farm remembers when you even told the alpha wolf you were a watcher :whistle:
Does Pepperidge Farm remember when I didn't blab my PRs to everyone for once in my damn life?

(btw the nights are flipped, I was even night post restrictor and odd night mover :) )

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
He was a royal, and he had 2x death avoidances.

Barks stabbed him with Excalibur during the night cycle.
Double death avoidance?! Pippy you jerk I would have started yeeting everyone but him :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users