Extension of Underdogs Thread MCAT 24 or less

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My problem is I just don't know when I will. I'm married with a son, my wife is pregnant, I'm taking 16 credits this semester, and working 3 jobs.....hahahaha. Needless to say I'm stretched to the max. If I retake it, it will have to be this spring

Plus, I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to do better on a new, potentially harder test

Yah, I feel you. I think in your case it may be worth while to try to do a more spread out studying until you can find more adequate time in your schedule. But yah, good luck.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
You never really know how badly you did until you get your scores back and are surprised. Honestly, my mcat was so bad that during the BS section I legit was dissociating and borderline unconsciously answering the questions. Result? 11BS.
Although you got in, I am slightly disappointed you elected to not retake your 26. As one of the big names on these forums, I feel inclined to hold you to a higher standard...(no offense)

Although you got in, I am slightly disappointed you elected to not retake your 26. As one of the big names on these forums, I feel inclined to hold you to a higher standard...(no offense)

I did retake tho. ;)

Wasn't a 30 ( my average). But it was good enough evidently.

Members don't see this ad :)
This wait sucks. Its hard enough finding a full time job right after graduating but waiting for a decision on your future is even harder :(

Reactions: 1 users
Keep your head up guys. You work hard enough and talk to enough people, you just may get in.

-(An accepted applicant from last year with under a 24)
-OMSI at AZCOM.

Keep your head up guys. You work hard enough and talk to enough people, you just may get in.

-(An accepted applicant from last year with under a 24)
-OMSI at AZCOM.
Thanks!! I'm trying to keep my head up. The waiting game is so hard. I appreciate your encouragement!

Thanks!! I'm trying to keep my head up. The waiting game is so hard. I appreciate your encouragement!
I read arab's posts last year. iirc, I remember him implying at times that he had some connection at AZCOM. He did get into some other schools, though.

I read arab's posts last year. iirc, I remember him implying at times that he had some connection at AZCOM. He did get into some other schools, though.

yup! It wasn't really a connection, but I did definitely put myself out there A LOT.

I was told specifically at my VCOM-Auburn interview that my 24 would not be keeping me out of there. They did not seem concerned at all. They said they were much more interested in sGPA.

There truly is hope you guys, don't feel negative.

Reactions: 3 users
Hello fellow underdog of underdogs,
Accepted to WVSOM!
1. Quote the most recent post with the thread's poster's stats
2. Add your relevant stats at the end of the list
3. Delete the quote tags and post
4. If you have an II to add, simply repeat the procedure but update your spot in the list
-----------------------------------------------------------
*liquid hue 3.17cGPA, 3.26sGPA, 24 MCAT (8,8,8). II at ACOM
*aspdr-3.75 cGPA, 3.72sGPA, 23 MCAT (VR<7).II at WVSOM, LMU-DCOM,PNWU and VCOM-CC | Accepted: WVSOM
*Baxt1412 - 3.7 cGPA, 3.6 cGPA, 24 MCAT (8/7/9). II at UNMC (MD) and VCOM-Auburn
*OsteopathicHopeful- 3.44 cGPA, 3.65 sGPA, 22 MCAT (6/6/10)
*shinobiz11 - 3.6 cGPA, 3.5 sGPA, 24 (8/6/10) | ii MUCOM, LMU-DCOM, CMed (MD) | Accepted LMU-DCOM

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted to WVSOM!
4. If you have an II to add, simply repeat the procedure but update your spot in the list
*aspdr-3.75 cGPA, 3.72sGPA, 23 MCAT (VR<7).II at WVSOM, LMU-DCOM,PNWU and VCOM-CC | Accepted: WVSOM
*Baxt1412 - 3.7 cGPA, 3.6 cGPA, 24 MCAT (8/7/9). II at UNMC (MD) and VCOM-Auburn
*shinobiz11 - 3.6 cGPA, 3.5 sGPA, 24 (8/6/10) | ii MUCOM, LMU-DCOM, CMed (MD) | Accepted LMU-DCOM

Congrats!!

Accepted to WVSOM!
Congrats!!!!

So thought I'd give another update (mostly cause I'm bored and neurotic :)

MUCOM- on hold
WVSOM- on hold
LMU-DCOM- complete
ACOM- complete
PCOM-georgia- complete
OUCOM- secondary in progress
VCOM- secondary in progress
KYCOM- secondary in progress
LUCOM- secondary in progress
CUSOM- rejected
DMU-rejected

I plan in getting LUCOM, VCOM, and KYCOM done by monday

Members don't see this ad :)

MUCOM- on hold
WVSOM- on hold
LMU-DCOM- complete
ACOM- complete
PCOM-georgia- complete
CUSOM- rejected
DMU-rejected

When did you submit your Secondary for WVSOM as well as get the on hold status? I submitted over a month ago and haven't heard from them since.

Hello all! Excuse me for being back here again but happy to announce that I have received my second acceptance today! 2 interviews and both acceptances! Go Underdog of Underdogs! Never ever give up
*aspdr-3.75 cGPA, 3.72sGPA, 23 MCAT (VR<7).II at WVSOM, LMU-DCOM,PNWU(cancelled due to acceptances) and VCOM-CC | Accepted: WVSOM, LMU-DCOM

Reactions: 5 users
Hello all! Excuse me for being back here again but happy to announce that I have received my second acceptance today! 2 interviews and both acceptances! Go Underdog of Underdogs! Never ever give up
*aspdr-3.75 cGPA, 3.72sGPA, 23 MCAT (VR<7).II at WVSOM, LMU-DCOM,PNWU(cancelled due to acceptances) and VCOM-CC | Accepted: WVSOM, LMU-DCOM

Congratulations! That's awesome!

My interview at UNMC (MD) was so amazing today. I feel great about it

Reactions: 5 users
How was the 11/7 mcat? My new score comes out next week.....nervous!

it felt tough. tougher than my june date, however i was scoring 4 points higher than the first time i took it, so i'm praying for at least 2 points higher than my first take. it's also hard to judge based on perceived difficulty because i knew it was my "last chance" so i had a lot of pressure on myself, and also because harder tests allow you to miss a few more questions and still get any given section score.. so it's a bit deceiving.

Do you already have those interviews lined up? Or still waiting to hear from them? I would personally wait and see all the options because an ii doesn't guarantee an acceptance, you don't know how long you could be wait listed.

turn down for what
turn_down_for_what-122642.gif

Last edited:
it felt tough. tougher than my june date, however i was scoring 4 points higher than the first time i took it, so i'm praying for at least 2 points higher than my first take. it's also hard to judge based on perceived difficulty because i knew it was my "last chance" so i had a lot of pressure on myself, and also because harder tests allow you to miss a few more questions and still get any given section score.. so it's a bit deceiving.

I hear you. I took the 10/21 test and thought it was straight up 50/50 wicked easy questions and ridiculous WTF questions. However at this point I'll be happy with 2 points as well.

I hear you. I took the 10/21 test and thought it was straight up 50/50 wicked easy questions and ridiculous WTF questions. However at this point I'll be happy with 2 points as well.

the only reason i'll be happy is because it still slightly increases my chances. 2 points still wouldn't be great in my mind, but meh... it's what i have to work with. i do NOT want to take the 2015 MCAT. also because i don't want to stay in this job for the next year and a half while I wait for the next cycle to end lol.

the only reason i'll be happy is because it still slightly increases my chances. 2 points still wouldn't be great in my mind, but meh... it's what i have to work with. i do NOT want to take the 2015 MCAT. also because i don't want to stay in this job for the next year and a half while I wait for the next cycle to end lol.

For real. While not ideal, any points higher is better. I'm not keen on the new MCAT either but during this one I somehow managed to unplug my monitor and lost like 10-15 minutes of time before we figured out what was wrong. Mad clicking at the end of PS. Probably not a good thing.....

For real. While not ideal, any points higher is better. I'm not keen on the new MCAT either but during this one I somehow managed to unplug my monitor and lost like 10-15 minutes of time before we figured out what was wrong. Mad clicking at the end of PS. Probably not a good thing.....

damn i probably would have voided if i lost that much time. just me tho... oh well, only thing to do now is wait. good luck

damn i probably would have voided if i lost that much time. just me tho... oh well, only thing to do now is wait. good luck

Dude I couldn't. I already had to void once cause I was wicked sick and puked all over the computer station. Not pretty. I'll always be remembered as that chick that puked at the MCAT.

Guys!!! I got an my first ii......LMU-DCOM!!!! :)

MUCOM- rejected
WVSOM- on hold
LMU-DCOM- Interview Invite!!!
ACOM- complete
PCOM-georgia- complete
CUSOM- rejected
DMU-rejected

Reactions: 8 users
Guys!!! I got an my first ii......LMU-DCOM!!!! :)

will PM you... i got an II from them today too! i emailed them asking if they were planning on waiting for my pending MCAT scores or if they were going to make the II/reject decision before those scores came back and I got an email back within a few hours saying that I had been selected for an interview.

i'll pick the same day as you if possible! underdogs need to unite! lol

*aspdr-3.75 cGPA, 3.72sGPA, 23 MCAT (VR<7).II at WVSOM, LMU-DCOM,PNWU and VCOM-CC
*Baxt1412 - 3.7 cGPA, 3.6 cGPA, 24 MCAT (8/7/9). II at UNMC (MD), VCOM-Auburn, LMU
*shinobiz11 - 3.6 cGPA, 3.5 sGPA, 24 (8/6/10) | ii MUCOM, LMU-DCOM, CMed (MD) | Accepted LMU-DCOM!
*williamsfan- 3.9 GPA 23 MCAT (7/8/8) | Accepted OU-HCOM

Reactions: 2 users
Nice job guys. It's a really lax interview, just be yourself and give them a good representation and you'll be fine

I havent sent my application in yet. Im still waiting on another LOR from an MD and my science prof. I just retook my MCAT on the 7th. Despite the 1.5 hour drive to the testing center, I enjoyed the experience.

Would it be okay If I sent in my application next month when I have everything ready?

I havent sent my application in yet. Im still waiting on another LOR from an MD and my science prof. I just retook my MCAT on the 7th. Despite the 1.5 hour drive to the testing center, I enjoyed the experience.

Would it be okay If I sent in my application next month when I have everything ready?

I would tell you to wait till next year on this one. However, it still depends on your stats and if you are willing to take any school you are given (if you want to apply this year). If you really badly want to take the plunge, you should apply right now. (I am going to scold a little bit here) You should have sent your app in prior to your MCAT for three reasons 1) your app would be processed around the same time as it takes your MCAT score to come out 2) you just need to apply to one school and you won't be a reapplicant to other schools if you decide to pull out and apply next cycle 3) you don't even need your LORs to get your app processed. This would have saved a lot of time. If you are going to act, act now. Otherwise, I highly suggest waiting out this cycle.

Most likely best to apply next year IMO. Unless u are a very competitive app

In all practicality... don't bother it's too late. Here's the approximate timeline assuming you submit right now (everything finished) based approximately on how long each part took for me, and you finish your supplementary applications within 1 day:

Primary submitted - 11/23/14
Primary verified - 12/23/14
Secondary received - 1/01/15
Secondary submitted/LORs sent/Payment - 1/02/15
Application complete - 1/10/15
Interview invites - 1/23/15 or later depending on the school process
Interview (this varies too much) - maybe 2/23/15? depends on availability which will be low/nonexistent at this point.

Most schools only interview up until April (?) or so if I remember correctly, and I know a lot of the low-tier schools already have a lot of slots filled up until January/February. If you submit a month from now (this was if you submit RIGHT NOW) it's just most likely not going to be worth the time and effort.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I pretty much concur with above. It probably would be verified in 2-3 weeks at this point though. The interview invites could vary here, one could be getting an invite even 6 weeks after the completion date. As for the interviews, I think its better to say schools interview up till April (with a few in May). At this point (referring to April), most of the slots are filled and standards are higher.

Last edited:
Hey all! 22 MCAT here with a 3.5c and a 3.5s. So far I've had interviews at RowanSOM, Liberty, and upcoming at WVSOM. Good luCK!

Reactions: 4 users
*aspdr-3.75 cGPA, 3.72sGPA, 23 MCAT (VR<7).II at WVSOM, LMU-DCOM,PNWU and VCOM-CC
*Baxt1412 - 3.7 cGPA, 3.6 cGPA, 24 MCAT (8/7/9). II at UNMC (MD), VCOM-Auburn, LMU
*shinobiz11 - 3.6 cGPA, 3.5 sGPA, 24 (8/6/10) | ii MUCOM, LMU-DCOM, CMed (MD) | Accepted LMU-DCOM!
*williamsfan- 3.9 GPA 23 MCAT (7/8/8) | Accepted OU-HCOM
*ItsTime619 - 3.5 cGPA, 3.5sGPA 22 MCAT (8/7/7) | ii at Rowan-SOM, Liberty, WVSOM

Hey all! 22 MCAT here with a 3.5c and a 3.5s. So far I've had interviews at RowanSOM, Liberty, and upcoming at WVSOM. Good luCK!

Wow, big congrats. RowanSOM is pretty impressive, even if you're a resident of NJ.

Wow, big congrats. RowanSOM is pretty impressive, even if you're a resident of NJ.
not long ago, I posted 3.5+/3.5+/22+ and a broad, early application to DO schools had favorable chances-- I was laughed out of the room.

not long ago, I posted 3.5+/3.5+/22+ and a broad, early application to DO schools had favorable chances-- I was laughed out of the room.

I believe you, especially watching the acceptance thread.

I believe you, especially watching the acceptance thread.

To be fair, he was also "sure" that a 3.0/22 would secure an acceptance a year earlier. I'm glad to see a more reasonable assessment on user3's part nowadays. 3.5/22 or 3.0/26 should get someone in somewhere with an early and broad app, and maybe some luck.

the issue just comes with being auto-screened. if you can't get past the computer, your file never lands in a real person's hands.

accepted on my first interview! VCOM-Auburn!

woohoo

Reactions: 7 users
Just got my new score...going to die now. :(