Fetus is in the Rearview Mirror....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EctopicFetus

Keeping it funky enough
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
On April 21.. My Fetus came into this world.. I am now a proud papa.. I figured that deserved its own thread...

Baby boy FYI...

Members don't see this ad.

memento.jpg

very happy for you, regardless! :biglove: :clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
fo shiz...ill see if i can stick one on here

Congrats! And I second the request for pictures.

congrats man!

congrats!!! and i'm going to get in line with everyone else and ask that you post a photo!

Congrats to you and your non-ectopic, healthy boy!:hardy::clap:

+pad+ for the baby fetus

hmm so i have a photo but the specs are bigger than allowed.. frankly im not sure how to shrink it.. thoughts?

Members don't see this ad :)
you could upload it to flickr or something

put the image url in the [image] thing

he's so cute!!!! :love: and nice and pink - looks like a APGAR of 10 to me! :D

BTW, all your considerable mysteriousness went out the window with that excellent link that has now been deleted.... I know who you are. :smuggrin:

Congrats, Papa!

Take care,
Jeff

he's so cute!!!! :love: and nice and pink - looks like a APGAR of 10 to me! :D

BTW, all your considerable mysteriousness went out the window with that excellent link that has now been deleted.... I know who you are. :smuggrin:

Oh believe me.. I wasnt anonymous at all..

lol..i pass along plenty of bits of info.. im def not anonymous.. now i am not quinn.. but i am not anonymous.. my wife is though..

though she wouldnt be hard to find either

I figured I had to bump this thing..

s833380108_2808373_5460.jpg

I gotta keep my kid near the top.

great photographer on whoever did that one!

It was actually one of my attendings who does photography on the side for fun.. he already promised me a follow up shoot in a few months.

also, how are things? are you sleeping at night? :smuggrin:

No sleep... very bad..

Baby did get his first bath today... and LOVED it..

No sleep... very bad..

Baby did get his first bath today... and LOVED it..

Awww..I figured you'd get lucky and have a baby that slept all night. I remember those babies that don't sleep...no fun at all (well kind of, but sleep is necessary). Too bad you don't have other kids to help you out. My family took shifts so that my mom could get some sleep. My sister slept about 4 hours a night and only about 2 hours in the day and that was it. Oh, and we often had to walk her around our hallways for hours. Hopefully you have it a little better than that. :luck:

Awww..I figured you'd get lucky and have a baby that slept all night. I remember those babies that don't sleep...no fun at all (well kind of, but sleep is necessary). Too bad you don't have other kids to help you out. My family took shifts so that my mom could get some sleep. My sister slept about 4 hours a night and only about 2 hours in the day and that was it. Oh, and we often had to walk her around our hallways for hours. Hopefully you have it a little better than that. :luck:

you know, my mom is a therapist and didn't want me to learn "inappropriate behaviors", as they say. So she just checked on me once to make sure I wasn't dying, and then let me cry myself to sleep. I was a quiet baby. I honestly think babies learn they can get more attention through crying....

you know, my mom is a therapist and didn't want me to learn "inappropriate behaviors", as they say. So she just checked on me once to make sure I wasn't dying, and then let me cry myself to sleep. I was a quiet baby. I honestly think babies learn they can get more attention through crying....

How would you differentiate b/w attention and colic? And with the baby bed in the room right next to theirs, they wouldn't sleep anyway with all the noise.

How would you differentiate b/w attention and colic? And with the baby bed in the room right next to theirs, they wouldn't sleep anyway with all the noise.

Most of so called "colic" is due to baby temperment (cranky, need for attention). The rest is gas, which you can't help with anyway. If you let the kid cry long enough, they'll get tired and fall asleep (and so will you), whereas they get to rest up for more crying while you are cuddling them.