Fire Emblem: Three HoWWses Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not sure what isn't "sitting right" when most of what I talked about yesterday was saying that I'm hesitant to vote off noobs. It's already overwhelming playing with a bunch of experienced players who know how each other typically play.
I definitely don't think this was the only topic you talked about though?
And it makes the game super frustrating to play when everytime a noob acts like a noob, it's seen as wolfy. Asking questions about a game you're not familiar with, isn't wolfy. 😕
I'm definitely not wolf reading you for that and I don't agree with the people wolf reading you for that reason, to be fair
 
I'm not sure what isn't "sitting right" when most of what I talked about yesterday was saying that I'm hesitant to vote off noobs. It's already overwhelming playing with a bunch of experienced players who know how each other typically play.

And it makes the game super frustrating to play when everytime a noob acts like a noob, it's seen as wolfy. Asking questions about a game you're not familiar with, isn't wolfy. 😕

It's not really fair to point the finger at me for referencing the only game I've played "too much," when everyone else is referring to their years of game history together too.

Everyone referencing previous games:
And many more!

My posts from yesterday:
Accusing me of playing dumb when I genuinely didn't know what an alpha was.



Trying to explain that everyone else is doing the same thing, yet I only have 1 game I can reference?
I think this is a valid counter
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not really. I was just surprised at zuri staying in the lead until the last second with you on April. You're welcome to share though. 🤔
(zuri had mentioned a genny townread in a prior conversation, so that's partly why I asked about genny specifically)
 
The game was WWildzoo Part II.
But also I said I don't think genny is a wolf here because her play is reminding me of a game where she acted similarly and was village. I didn't say genny is 10000% not a wolf. So if that's overconfidence, then... :shrug:
If I'm being tunneled by a rabbit is it.. a warren?
I think the appropriate term is a burrow! 🐰

What nearly convinced me of Genny’s wolfiness was her “oh I’m definitely not a lost alpha”. She made it sound like she’s almost certainly an alpha. I just can’t see past that to give her village points, plus her jumping between me and Nate today makes lil sense to me.
 
Following Vissy's lead tbh. I reread the back and forth between PSV and fluff from late d1 after Vissy pointed out that PSV's responses felt off, and agreed.
What about them felt off? Can you talk me through this?
 
Fluff - I was suspicious of fluff yesterday for being wolfy, but now I feel maybe less wolf more 3p. Doesn't read town at all for me. I'm weary of them
I think it's a bad idea to assume 3p when you feel bad about someone when we have no evidence there are 3p in the game. Rather, I think every faction can be considered a separate 3p group except the wolves.
Yes, I'm leaning fluff as 3p because her claim that she knows her allies and then SAR vouched for her
While that doesn't necessarily clear them, why would they out themselves if they were wolves? It just doesn't sit right with me.
I agree it doesn't feel wolfy but again, above
 
I think the appropriate term is a burrow! 🐰

What nearly convinced me of Genny’s wolfiness was her “oh I’m definitely not a lost alpha”. She made it sound like she’s almost certainly an alpha. I just can’t see past that to give her village points, plus her jumping between me and Nate today makes lil sense to me.
Well Zenge said it was a bad time to yeet you, so I switched back. Did you want me to continue to yeet you????
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think it's a bad idea to assume 3p when you feel bad about someone when we have no evidence there are 3p in the game. Rather, I think every faction can be considered a separate 3p group except the wolves.
I guess that is a fair point, I may just be viewing it simplistically. This is a very unique setup for the game with the different factions.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Day 2: Only Thorns on This Rose 🌹

Nate (5) - AM, Wiisp, miranda920, VeggieTrex, genny
PSV (3) - WildZoo/DubZ, fluff, Wondalfy
mothy ()
PlumPoppy (3) - April, SOV, chicandtough
VeggieTrex ()
April (3)- Santy, CaptNemo>samac, Nate
fluff ()
Zenge (4) - zuri>Lawpy, PlumPoppy, mothy, HW>mayo
Wiisp (1) - Clem
Santy (1) - SAR

20/23

Winning: @NateTheLesser but close vote just behind!
Missing: @alleycat03 @potentialsheltervet @Zenge142

Vote ends 10pm EST/9pm CST/etc TODAY, 1/16/23 (~2.75 hours)
 
I can get Fluff's vibe from that soft vouch, given the info in my role card
and if AM has information that wolves are one specific faction, i have no interesting of touching Nate
 
@PlumPoppy did you ever talk about why you hopped on the genny vote d1 with no prior mention of suspecting her?
The only mention I could give was being sus of anyone who didn't think that hunting wolves was the goal. (See genny's comment as the last quote)
Going back to the game intro, this is what we know. Yes, everyone has their own wincons, objectives. But I'm assuming the consuming "darkness" is referring to the wolves. So being tied up on trying to single out other factions/3p is just playing right into the wolves' hands.
I'm sus of anyone who doesn't think wolf hunting is the priority especially on d1. This is really the only info I had to go off.
I think I missed the start of the veggie train, so I'll need to go look back through everything.

The only thing I have to go off of is ~vibes~ and fluffiness at the moment.

yeet genny
But I also didn't appreciate their fluffiness and not really seeming pro-village by not wanting to wolf hunt? As I said here, that early in the game all we had were ~vibes~. Apparently someone said genny is fluffy no matter if they're village or wolf?
The thing I don't understand with zuri focusing so hard on figuring out mechanics/game lore this early in the game when the primary goal is weeding out wolves. But it seems to me like a really big slip for wolf!zuri to reveal info about his faction/alignment this early...I'm holding from voting them for now.
Zuri seemed like too smart a wolf to reveal so much about his role in my mind.
I don't really have much to read from her than noob lol. At that point in time, the veggie train made zero sense to me since it just seems like she's hesitant to reveal any info since that got her misyeeted last game. She's also provided good reasons for voting zuri.
I also didn't understand the veggie train, so I wasn't voting her either. She gives me village noob vibes

The other main voice of focusing on game mechanics too much was zuri. And I didn't want to vote zuri because he seemed a lot more methodical and less chaotic than his prior wolf play.
idk how present I’m going to be this game, given that I’m on my way to a conference, but I feel like “hunting for wolves” is not the tactic for this game given that sporty said it’s factional
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@Clem J and @SARdoghandler

Any thoughts on the current wagons?

Arguments for your off wagon votes?

Because I will never hesitate to offer another yeet option. I might not stay here though

I'd rather not flip Nate since I feel good about Fluff and she's vouching for him too. Zenge has been feeling a bit sandpapery so trying to reconcile whether I feel like that's wolfy or just village frustration. PSV and Poppy I don't have a lot of points for either way though I keep vacillating on some of poppy's posts wondering if they might be a bit coached to help her appear more noob village