French QWWarter Sign Ups and Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes

On Thursday?
Hmmm...tomorrow anytime after 8am? That way I won't see until post-NAVLE

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Lol good job Dubz! You deserve that win!!!

So wrong about pippy (first time in awhile). But glad I was right about at least 3 of the wolves the beginning game. In dead chat... not so much.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Tbh for the life of me I'm not really sure why I was so insistent on keeping pip alive
It's not like I knew she was a wolf, and I didn't know her role (actually chose not to seer her and did dina instead). I just stuck her in my village reads and decided she needed to stay there. Maybe wanted to see what it felt like to read pip village :thinking:

Also genny was one of my Sacred Streets TWICE
Devastated when she died D1 by my hand. And when I got around to seering genny2.0 I had to flip my read on her to try to keep her around :angelic:

omg how can I ever learn to support mech talk at this rate

Members don't see this ad :)
Miz stole Dina's protect ability, and used it to protect Coop the next night (pretty sure that part was a collective decision? I was kind of tuning out for night actions at that point)

That's the back story
Dang

Were people given any notification of ability theft?

Dang

Were people given any notification of ability theft?
Dina protected me. Miz protected me and it felt different so I asked why and figured out she was ability thief. I was suspicious. Said this could be wolfy ability. She said how when she knows who the protector was and the protector wasn't dead. I thought that seemed valid. I warned her to not kill the protector. I would've eventually turned on her. People kept being so suspicious of her I had to hard clear her. I did think she was village. I would've eventually stabbed her in the back. It was all over the mason chat. She's burned me twice now.

I don't think so -- Dina said she wasn't notified of the theft.

@Animal Midwife we also stole from you
That I would change in the future @cubsrule4e it doesn't make sense for everyone to be notified of everything except some wolf/chaos things. I get the chaos but not the wolf. For the future. Otherwise great game thanks mods

Nope lol

Damn Dubz ruining things all over for the wolves ;)
rip

I think I'll use guessing to my advantage though in the future because I've never realized how predicable everything really is. :eek:

• Haha
My role PM was 6 pages. Here are some choice selections.

When all these streets inevitably die I am immediately outing myself and revealing mass amounts of incorrect information

#chaoswithnothingtolose

Immediately after coffee healed me the first time:
oh wtf
now i have to figure out who to vote for
------
Sorry, I was hoping for a solid coop read with making the tie. I think I got one. If it's right then she's village, which was why I switched back off.

I think the game goes faster if all the wolves get lynched quickly, so I'm village-siding for the moment and hoping I find a village street to keep alive before I tie my life to a wolf one haha
The other part of me is like, well, based on track record I should just wolf-side and throw all my village reads under a bus because village is going to do that anyway and the game will drag on forever as they slowly kill each other.

Whatever I'm just gonna go with the flow lol
Me, earlier in the game: I don't state things as fact if it's just how I feel

Me now: "This is not a village dolphin post"
n4: contingency seer genny2.0
Hmm actually

n4: contingency seer miz
Wait I'm being stupid

n4: contingency seer AM
Coop: The only conclusion is that she is a wolf

Me: Boy oh boy do I have a surprise for you
Some support for the village too:
If they lynch coffee I am going to be angery
Realizing all my real reads are bad, so why bother:
I'm unintentionally wolfsiding and it's great! I wonder how close we are to winning...

--------
i'm scared
why am i scared
Wait that's just anxiety from the Steelers game, nvm
Oh good
I can kill AM if I need to
Wait a minute
if the oysters are from the Chartres House
What if genny is Chartres
I should let her live!
Maybe I can accidentally let slip that I think miz is the seer (with subtlety!) and the wolves will kill her for me

Maybe I'm entirely wrong and she's a wolf anyway

It became clearer and clearer who I needed to throw in with...
Whisper to the wolves never to kill me
And never to kill my sacred streets
I can take care of protecting us in the daytime

Why did I decide to read pip village? Was it a real read or was I pocketing her?

Maybe I will seer her next
...and then I didn't

Guys I feel like I'm being framed. Who the hell kills dolphin when she's absent at best and wolfy at worst...and basically already claimed vanilla.

You know what they're gonna say?

Dubz. Dubz does that. Especially right after talking about her indecision on whether or not to lynch her.

“How could the wolves frame me? They could kill dolph.”

“we heard that. We shall do it.”

“oh no...”
I just want the wolves to be my friends but I don't know who they are :arghh:
Frick guys I was about to make a game calculations post and I almost was like "Guys tomorrow might be LyLo!" forgetting that I definitely shouldn't say that since they don't know there's a 3p lolol
I'm just playing along to distract myself
Who needs to wolf hunt when you can just pretend
Hmph I want to keep sporty AND AM but they don't want to play nicely together *pout*

ALso I'm chaos I only care about MY OWN ENJOYMENT
Except that now I have to try not to lynch a wolf tomorrow
This is hard
Maybe 3m was village the whole time
When I was about to seer pippy:
WAIT I WANT TO SWITCH MY ACTION TO DINA
OR MAYBE MIZ

AHHHHHH
Ok
I have decided
on
dina

After I was spooped:
Why are they so mean to me :cryi:
I have been rooting for them! Ungrateful.
I just want to win before I take the NAVLE on Wednesday and they don't want to let me!
On the one hand I had to announce that I had been spooped so I could be cured

On the other hand NOW THE WOLVES ARE GONNA KILL ME BECAUSE THEY'LL THINK IM A PR

I probably could have lived without my ability. Dammit, me.
Hahaha well you know I'm not really evaluating sporty or coffee at all, I'm just pretending so I can keep them alive. It's more convincing if I convince myself, rather than opening my eyes to any other possibilities.

.... It's kind of scary that I can so successfully do that actually

After outbursts:
Don't worry, I'm not as angry as I appear ;)
I do get hella annoyed when that argument comes up because I have so many examples of games where I was lynched as a villager whether I managed to find wolves or not just because I hadn't been night killed yet

But

I also just like to start fites sometimes

After a wonderful compliment from miz:
I HAVE REACHED ULTRA VILLAGE DUBZ STATUS
LOOK ON MY WORKS, YE MIGHTY, AND DESPAIR

The fact that 3m is probably village does not even bother me, because I am chaotic evil, and you get in line OR YOU DIE

Don't worry guys, I was freaking out about the seer drop too:
WHAT IS GOING ON

IS SPORTY A WOLF AND DECIDED TO CLEAR ME FOR NO REASON

IS SHE A VILLAGER AND SEERED ME CHAOS AND FIGURED THAT WAS OK

WHAT IS HAPPENING
Hot take: sporty is a wolf, the seer results are fake (I know this because I am not village lol), capri is also a wolf, sporty will be cleared when she flips, woofs howl to a win BUT WAIT DUBZ GETS THERE FIRST HAHA SUCKAS
^this would have been pretty great tbh

@SportPonies @CoffeeQuestionMark We're in a jazz band now
Dubz & The Sacred Streets

I wish I could PM them and start a band

It would be a jazz band, obviously. So I could doot doot.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
@WildZoo we almost pulled off the (kinda) same stunt you did in Vet clinic

Sporty had an avoidance and SAR had the upgrade if another wolf was lynched, so that was why we were gunning for a sporty lynch with the seer stuff

That I would change in the future @cubsrule4e it doesn't make sense for everyone to be notified of everything except some wolf/chaos things. I get the chaos but not the wolf. For the future. Otherwise great game thanks mods
I was skittish about that which was why I didn't give my full action list lol

That and I had mixed up my real LyLo calculation in my PM with the fake one I posted on thread and thought that I still had to survive the night to win :smack:

I figured a thief would make common sense to not be noticed, thus no notification were given to people miz stole from. The dubz thing I honestly just didnt think to give the person a "you were watched result" simply for a name seer, and then once I realized i maybe should I didnt want to change and start giving that result mid-game and make things inconsistent

Wolves would lose. So the goal was to keep her around long enough to get the extra kill, but then theyd have to sacrifice her at some point because she couldnt be the last wolf alive
From wolf chat on Day One...

Ok!

So, it sounds like the play should be...
  • Get sporty lynched (maybe she can act like an alpha afterwards; this group might leave her alone for a while if we play it right). Shouldn't pull the trigger on this too early in case there are assassins.

• Make sure SAR does not get lynched first -- try to prolong that until we're almost in lylo or something, because she will need to go before the end so she's not the last one standing

• Miz & I tag-team / coordinate on a copy/block routine. It may make sense to consistently block the person she steals from, because then it makes it look like part of the same ability and gives the other person partial deniability if tracked/watched/whatever.
How about we just sweep instead

Obviously, Sportyspice had the best plan ;)

@WildZoo we almost pulled off the (kinda) same stunt you did in Vet clinic

Sporty had an avoidance and SAR had the upgrade if another wolf was lynched, so that was why we were gunning for a sporty lynch with the seer stuff
Proud even though it didn't end up going that way :D I felt there was some kind of shenanigans beyond just the seering being fake, but I was looking at it the wrong way. Didn't consider lynch avoidance.

My role PM was 6 pages. Here are some choice selections.

Immediately after coffee healed me the first time:

------

Some support for the village too:

Realizing all my real reads are bad, so why bother:

--------

It became clearer and clearer who I needed to throw in with...

...and then I didn't

When I was about to seer pippy:

After I was spooped:

After outbursts:

After a wonderful compliment from miz:

Don't worry guys, I was freaking out about the seer drop too:

^this would have been pretty great tbh

@SportPonies @CoffeeQuestionMark We're in a jazz band now
I love the doot doot

For the record -- I was very impressed with your analysis of what was going on with Capri haha

In my head I was like "****, that is very astute and very hard to argue with"

On that note, sorry to @capri1722 too
I really wanted Capri to be a wolf and she fit in well with a lot of scenarios so it was a tough conclusion to come to that she was indeed not a wolf

Oh yeah, what's the thing about my grammar while wolfing again? I'm very concerned about that.