FTF's Worst Idea Yet (Game Over)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good game mafia and friends. I only wish I could have absorbed you all into the goo 🖤💜🖤

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
  • Haha
Afterword:

Balance was iffy but workable thanks to Zenge's role removing itself. I mentioned this in deadchat: In multiball games, town needs a lot to go right for Town to win, and almost everything did, but the past day phase was the final insurmountable hurdle.
Starting ratio was 8v2v2v1v1v1, very close to the upper limit of what I'd deem acceptable and does skew towards being anti-town, so credit to you guys for making this as competitive as it was.
This game ended incredibly quickly but sometimes IDEA games just do that.

There was a major error with sunshine's role. Since it was compulsive it should have activated Night 1, resulting in something like Sunshine and Chaos dying. However I completely blanked on that and opted for it to activate N2 instead. Since it had profound effects on who died and who lived, I couldn't think of a better way to correct it at the time.

Thanks for playing!
If there's time I'll try to host Countdown for realsies before August, otherwise we'll all have to wait till next year.

~

FTF

• Wow
Reactions: 7 users
Also damn @PippyPony you were pretty on target for scumhunting
Well, if the target looks like this...

7-78141_red-circle-clip-art-3d-red-circle-png.jpg

Lets play more games with ~2 villagers vs ~10 baddies :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Pippy imagine if you had picked mafia :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:
Then the game would have been rerolled
The usage of this setup was predicated on the fact that half of these roles were either non-factors, or straight-up die because of themselves

I can't accept the concept of deepwolves. It hurts because I don't want to think of futures where I can't defend them any more, but it's just a reality of life.

• Care
  • Love
Pippy imagine if you had picked mafia :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:
I KNOWWWWWWWW 😭😭😭😭

My confusion over that discarded role was very real lmao

I had literally just told Sunshine she could vote me off this game and I wouldn't do anything to stop her, and I was starting back on an in-person rotation, so I was worried I'd die early and didn't want to doom a packmate to die with me!

• Care
I can't accept the concept of deepwolves. It hurts because I don't want to think of futures where I can't defend them any more, but it's just a reality of life.
What deep wolves?

Well, AM? Who?

:whistle:
It matters not to your wincon, but if April had shot literally anyone on the board but me (seeing as she absolutely wasn't going to target sunshine), the game would still be going today.

So I'm still very sad that happened.

• Okay...
Reactions: 1 user
When I skimmed the roll list prior to assignment, I did see the mafia bus driver roll and I thought it would have been ironic if I had gotten it

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
@Animal Midwife if I hadn't killed you I would have had to vote you faster than you could vote me. Were you obsessively refreshing for the last hour? Would I have been able to beat you to the draw?
No, I knew it was mechanically over after that. I know you love 3p as much as I do. I'm only sad I never got a lover.

• Care
So the four deaths N1 was due to the 1/13 chance of chaos targeting Bob and Bob dying from the protection 😭

This game was so fun. Love the deeply stupid roles. Some of the ones that made me laugh the hardest were the “odd-day silenced even-day silenced” modifiers 💀

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
But Zenge was about to become an Ent

I would bus that too. Yeet nature!
Yeah. I mean. It would have been interesting. Paws busses me. Gets village cred (or maybe not since it would have been an obviously good time to bus) and village wastes a cycle yeeting me. Not sure how yesterday would have played out then.

I had my goal of wanting to become a stump. That was all I wanted.

Reactions: 3 users
Okay, just look at this ISO though containing every Zenge mention:

I'm more inclined to worry about the people who rejected village roles like zenge and cray with normalish village roles. What were they lured by?
I feel like zenge just pops in when they are prompted but no more. Anyone else feel like that? Am I off base?
At this point since WZ may close day early I think my biggest feels right now are zenge. April is a vill read as she has been most consistent. I'm going to ignore WZ and vicks for now cuz I can never remember how they work out in numbers but I think it's ok ( I'm not 100% sold on vis claim yet, just not ready to vote there today)

vote zenge
Not one hedge, not one village read.

I’m peeved that I ignored how much it was scaring me how Paws pushing Z happened when he was already doomed (optimal hard bussing time yay) and how scary her posts D3 were (the way she was simultaneously persuading me so sweetly to vote with her and continuing to throw copious shade on me without seeming like she ever really intended to vote me, as if she didn’t really care about finding mafia and just wanted to stick her vote on someone she could scapegoat). But I let my suspicion of cray’s early play and the fact that it seemed like Z really didn’t want to be yeeted D2 dissuade me, booo.

I was really feeling the freeze and was kind of silently begging AM to decide to yeet me so I didn’t have to choose who I thought was mafia (and since I was still pretty convinced there was a sk and that voting either cray or paws would result in a dissatisfying way for village to lose).

Great job mafia!

Ultimately though, I need to see deepwolfing sometimes so I can understand WW as a whole better. I also still love the agony of endgame regardless of how it may externally appear. I probably will seriously take up dubz's suggestion though and keep a list because that as relevant meta as any other choice.

I think one of my favorite things that I missed being away was how Pips will completely accept when she's going down and fully troll the thread.10/10 would read again

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Does this make it any better?
NGL I was wondering if you would decide you were too worried I was some 3p that could somehow prevent a mafia win and would decide to kill me. I forgot that Dubz couldn’t vote though, thought that in that scenario today you would be trying to convince her to win with mafia for the lulz.

I still am perplexed though. Was that a real theory about me intentionally choosing the convert sk, @PippyPony ? You know I hate conversion as a whole.

NGL I was wondering if you would decide you were too worried I was some 3p that could somehow prevent a mafia win and would decide to kill me. I forgot that Dubz couldn’t vote though, thought that in that scenario today you would be trying to convince her to win with mafia for the lulz.
Oh I was also terrified about that. AM, WZ, and I also lost as wolves one time when we left the third-party alive

Reactions: 1 users