Game Night WW - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
And it’s also a bit difficult to kill the convert when the only person to actually go after a wolf hardcore successfully twice IS a convert. There’s a lot of shade being thrown that I really don’t think is fully deserved, but that’s my two cents.

That's actually more reason to believe they could be the convert. People who have been trusted to be village most of the game are most likely to be converted. It just takes actual pushing but you need a village that isn't ghosting and is trying. Village kind of vanished this game and at end game were more concerned with a TV show.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
But would you have anticipated kata doing the kill? Specifically had them do the kill Incase you could mess with stuff.

We had a musing last time of going into challenge mode and killing you off since you had already won. But Kara wasn’t responding if she feels like that’s a bastardization or the game if wolves don’t win when they have the opportunity to, so we decided to just kill MsP and end it.
She was my second choice option to redirect onto herself, so probably good for you that I didn't do that :p

• Sad
Members don't see this ad :)
dubz, at what point did you figure out I was a wolf? I just remember the pms taking a slightly uncomfortable turn of knowing and me starting to freeze.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
That's actually more reason to believe they could be the convert. People who have been trusted to be village most of the game are most likely to be converted. It just takes actual pushing but you need a village that isn't ghosting and is trying. Village kind of vanished this game and at end game were more concerned with a TV show.
Normally I would agree with that, but he was under serious suspicion for a large chunk of the game. The thought entered my head several times but I had a hard time justifying it vs people who, quite honestly, looked a lot worse on paper. I was unable to watch the show seriously. I was on at the end but sporty really should have brought that all out way sooner than 8 minutes before lynch close. At that point there was nothing I could do alone, because at that point it was either her lying or Nav lying about not being protected (which is what happened).

Normally I would agree with that, but he was under serious suspicion for a large chunk of the game. The thought entered my head several times but I had a hard time justifying it vs people who, quite honestly, looked a lot worse on paper. I was unable to watch the show seriously. I was on at the end but sporty really should have brought that all out way sooner than 8 minutes before lynch close. At that point there was nothing I could do alone, because at that point it was either her lying or Nav lying about not being protected (which is what happened).

Sporty revealed as protector very early on in the day. The details weren't important in my mind, but the reveal alone should've given people pause but it didn't.

dubz, at what point did you figure out I was a wolf? I just remember the pms taking a slightly uncomfortable turn of knowing and me starting to freeze.
I suspected it pretty much as soon as you mentioned that it would be beneficial for me to be wolf-sided, and that I wouldn't be a back-stabber. Was pretty certain after DVMD died lol

• Haha
Sporty revealed as protector very early on in the day. The details weren't important in my mind, but the reveal alone should've given people pause but it didn't.
Yeah I was in a dilemma because I knew she was protector but I was supposed to be in nav's voting bloc. Was really surprised to come back and see she was still lynched after revealing.

What threw me off about Nav was that he got wolves twice. He seemed to have been going at them hard too. I also never thought about him being a convert just an original. I don't remember who the quotes were from but someone had called Nav out and another person responded that if he was a wolf, he had lynched two wolves. A thought kinda slipped into my mind for a slight second that a great way to wolf would be to bust a few wolves to gain trust but I thought that was too crazy and kinda suicidal. With that being said. F you Nav. I should have known you were a wolf when you had me 'cleared'. You always found me sus in other games!

someone had called Nav out and another person responded that if he was a wolf, he had lynched two wolves
:hello:
I believe that was my response to sporty calling him out lol

Pretty common for converts to bus an original once they're converted though, especially if they've already been pushing them. It would look too sketchy for them to suddenly change their minds unless they can come up with a real good reason for it.

A thought kinda slipped into my mind for a slight second that a great way to wolf would be to bus a few wolves to gain trust but I thought that was too crazy and kinda suicidal.
Well, clearly it worked, but he also doesn't get his power wolf membership yet ;)

Although...
would be to bust a few wolves to gain trust
Flashing people probably would qualify for power wolfing...

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
I was just sad you didn't drink the mimosa

I would have gulped down our poison chocolate shake, no question. Who says no to a chocolate milkshake?
It's a lucky thing you didn't notice it then

The circumstances behind that were sketchy imho. She waited until everyone else revealed, which I read as a wolf looking for an easy non-claimed role to claim and then refused to give information on the role that could have corroborated the role until the very end. Additionally, in the beginning it seemed like it was an every day protections, which is SO contrary to the way the rest of the roles work in the game (with only one village role that I can think of). It was a mislynch but it was a very thought out mislynch. I’m not saying village is completely blameless but I don’t think we played as dumb as it may seem.

The circumstances behind that were sketchy imho. She waited until everyone else revealed, which I read as a wolf looking for an easy non-claimed role to claim and then refused to give information on the role that could have corroborated the role until the very end. Additionally, in the beginning it seemed like it was an every day protections, which is SO contrary to the way the rest of the roles work in the game (with only one village role that I can think of). It was a mislynch but it was a very thought out mislynch. I’m not saying village is completely blameless but I don’t think we played as dumb as it may seem.

No one said village played dumb, I said they played lazy. No one questioned Nav's "cleared" list. No one. No one pushed about how all those players are cleared. Using an ability in a "villager way" isn't a clear. It is bull****. There was only 1 person in his entire cleared list that was actually cleared and that was SOV.... the rest were all fair game as wolves.

There was a seer role, though deceased at that point, that seemed to have functioned daily....not far fetched to think there'd by a daily protector that could function in the same way.

Plus 3 players all with the same ability? Really? Odds are one of them is the wolfy variant. If you have 2 blockers...you're going to think 1 is a village block and 1 a wolf block....why doesn't anyone question this for the combo roles which would've lead to a kata suspicion?

Village checked in, listened to Nav, questioned nothing, voted amongst those he said weren't clear then peaced out....it was lazy play. No one made noise, stomped their their feet, said "hold up....using your role in a seemingly 'village way' isn't a clear"... nope, just believe Nav, vote what he says, leave thread.

No one said village played dumb, I said they played lazy. No one questioned Nav's "cleared" list. No one. No one pushed about how all those players are cleared. Using an ability in a "villager way" isn't a clear. It is bull****. There was only 1 person in his entire cleared list that was actually cleared and that was SOV.... the rest were all fair game as wolves.

There was a seer role, though deceased at that point, that seemed to have functioned daily....not far fetched to think there'd by a daily protector that could function in the same way.

Plus 3 players all with the same ability? Really? Odds are one of them is the wolfy variant. If you have 2 blockers...you're going to think 1 is a village block and 1 a wolf block....why doesn't anyone question this for the combo roles which would've lead to a kata suspicion?

Village checked in, listened to Nav, questioned nothing, voted amongst those he said weren't clear then peaced out....it was lazy play. No one made noise, stomped their their feet, said "hold up....using your role in a seemingly 'village way' isn't a clear"... nope, just believe Nav, vote what he says, leave thread.
The seer was actually one-shot as part of a JOAT role.

You were unkillable! How is that success?! :laugh:
Unkillable, not unlynchable, until N6. Game went beyond that so, even then, she would been exposed with wolves knowing how to keep her weakened!

Someone actually did question Nav's 'cleared' list.

Edit: I think it was SOV. The only actual cleared person in the game questioned Nav's clear list. lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Edit: I think it was SOV. The only actual cleared person in the game questioned Nav's clear list. lol.
I was in communication with Nav and helped create the cleared list with a few variations. There was a lot of discussion not on thread. Obviously not the final day but still.

I am not discussing all this crap at 9pm. People best get on here and spill their guts early.
I'll be honest this is how village usually screws themselves. A lot of discussion and vote switching happens at the last hour or even later than that so a villager is more likely to be killed than a wolf.

Reactions: 3 users
But it worked out so well for me :heckyeah:
They almost backstabbed you multiple times lol. but yes, it did
It’s a bit hard when the person who’s claiming they got the drink is the one who was converted and there’s absolutely no way to confirm or deny it.
There was little to no analysis that n4 was the conversion night. After AM flipped wolf, it clearly should've been discussed whether she actually was giving him a "poison" or not. Especially after he initially tried putting the poison on you, insinuating you sent him a smoothie.
Sure, it may have been difficult to figure that out the day he said it happened. But no one actually went back and thought about their targets after the day it happened. Hell, dolph was the only one who actually figured out their role didn't work n3 until everyone started discussing it on the last day.
:hello:
I believe that was my response to sporty calling him out lol

Pretty common for converts to bus an original once they're converted though, especially if they've already been pushing them. It would look too sketchy for them to suddenly change their minds unless they can come up with a real good reason for it.
Plus, he had to bus her after it was known that AM visited him.

Also, Sporty did. Sporty literally called out both wolves on the last day lol. And SOV called out Nav as well.

That sucks. You must feel so played.
Oh you have no idea. I’m pissed. And I wasn’t fully pocketed and did question everything he said but it still stood (in my mind at least) that Sporty played sketchier than Kata, who in my mind had played like a pretty decent villager. I also couldn’t reconcile one of the only remaining wolves only popping in once every few days, which I know is easy to claim but it seemed legitimate. @katashark good job, you had me quite a bit more pocketed than Nav.

They almost backstabbed you multiple times lol. but yes, it did

There was little to no analysis that n4 was the conversion night. After AM flipped wolf, it clearly should've been discussed whether she actually was giving him a "poison" or not. Especially after he initially tried putting the poison on you, insinuating you sent him a smoothie.
Sure, it may have been difficult to figure that out the day he said it happened. But no one actually went back and thought about their targets after the day it happened. Hell, dolph was the only one who actually figured out their role didn't work n3 until everyone started discussing it on the last day.

Plus, he had to bus her after it was known that AM visited him.

Also, Sporty did. Sporty literally called out both wolves on the last day lol. And SOV called out Nav as well.
After Dina flipped village I think we were all pretty sure that N4 was the conversion night, at least in discussions I had. I never did make the connection that her swinging by Nav was conversion and not smoothie. I fully bought the smoothie idea. Quite honestly I wasn’t going to convert hunt until after we found the original :shrug:

@WildZoo Come to think of it, I stand by my decision to put you in red. I was technically not wrong about you being sketchy. You may not have been a wolf but you were fraternizing.

I'll be honest this is how village usually screws themselves. A lot of discussion and vote switching happens at the last hour or even later than that so a villager is more likely to be killed than a wolf.
Weren’t you the one that said you didn’t have to vote early because all the action is always at the end?

Oh you have no idea. I’m pissed. And I wasn’t fully pocketed and did question everything he said but it still stood (in my mind at least) that Sporty played sketchier than Kata, who in my mind had played like a pretty decent villager. I also couldn’t reconcile one of the only remaining wolves only popping in once every few days, which I know is easy to claim but it seemed legitimate. @katashark good job, you had me quite a bit more pocketed than Nav.
I'm sorry, miz!!

Weren’t you the one that said you didn’t have to vote early because all the action is always at the end?
Yes, I used to feel pressured to have a vote in at a reasonable time but then I just stopped because I noticed other people did it too. People used to find me sketchy for it too even though other players did it.

I questioned the cleared list, and I initially voted Nav. But i am sorry, but sporty misplayed. She revealed in the afternoon, the game was over then, and she didn’t want to reveal who she protected. That was some really poor play. That will get you lynched 9 times out of 10 at LYLO. Hiding info at end game is wolfy af.

I was very disappointed in the lack of village sharing at the end there. Still Sporty would never have gotten lynched if she acted like a villager, and the we could have found another candidate. Nav and to some extent Miz were the only ones forthcoming.

If I had still been alive, I would have been voting WildZoo all over the place. She was being uber sketchy during the AM lynch, not at all sounding or reasoning like normal WZ....

So, that was my first go to as who I thought was wolf. So, wouldn't have helped village other than to get rid of the wolf helper and echo chamber.

If I had still been alive, I would have been voting WildZoo all over the place. She was being uber sketchy during the AM lynch, not at all sounding or reasoning like normal WZ....

So, that was my first go to as who I thought was wolf. So, wouldn't have helped village other than to get rid of the wolf helper and echo chamber.
Thank you!

I questioned the cleared list, and I initially voted Nav. But i am sorry, but sporty misplayed. She revealed in the afternoon, the game was over then, and she didn’t want to reveal who she protected. That was some really poor play. That will get you lynched 9 times out of 10 at LYLO. Hiding info at end game is wolfy af.

I was very disappointed in the lack of village sharing at the end there. Still Sporty would never have gotten lynched if she acted like a villager, and the we could have found another candidate. Nav and to some extent Miz were the only ones forthcoming.
I'm sorry but it's 100% unfair to put this all on sporty. She actually put in a submission to protect genny but only switched it when dubs scared her in PM. Village hadn't been doing real productive discussion in days. Just following what other people said. The only people who questioned it were lynched, and you didn't listen to what they said. Most of the last day was spent bitching at the mods instead of discussing things. And since you all seemed busy or preoccupied, you also could've opted to do a "no lynch" which could've actually been quite beneficial. Sporty likely had reasons for not saying they was EOD protector, because if she avoided lynch yesterday she would've just been killed the next night when she couldn't protect.
Anyways, there was a lot of flaws in logic and I don't think any one person was to blame

Edit aaaand somehow kata was super village for ghosting for days but sporty wasn't (when she does the regardless of affiliation)? Don't see it, again

Oh! And there were actually going to be worse consequences for self voting for DM but we changed them. I was happy to people voting for others for the most part instead of self campaigning :)

I'm sorry but it's 100% unfair to put this all on sporty. She actually put in a submission to protect genny but only switched it when dubs scared her in PM. Village hadn't been doing real productive discussion in days. Just following what other people said. The only people who questioned it were lynched, and you didn't listen to what they said. Most of the last day was spent bitching at the mods instead of discussing things. And since you all seemed busy or preoccupied, you also could've opted to do a "no lynch" which could've actually been quite beneficial. Sporty likely had reasons for not saying they was EOD protector, because if she avoided lynch yesterday she would've just been killed the next night when she couldn't protect.
Anyways, there was a lot of flaws in logic and I don't think any one person was to blame

Edit aaaand somehow kata was super village for ghosting for days but sporty wasn't (when she does the regardless of affiliation)? Don't see it, again

Yeah this wasn't a sporty issue this was a lack of village interest in general issue. Myself included as I had some work things happening right before I was night killed that had me distracted from the game.

I was killed right before I was ready to start sinking my teeth back into the game.

But this wasn't a last minute end game one player issue and it is a bit rude to push it off that way.

Village in general played lazy and by the time 1 or 2 people questioned things it was end game and too late. Plus the questioning wasn't super strong...it was there but then quickly backed off and lynch sporty. :shrug:

Oh! And there were actually going to be worse consequences for self voting for DM but we changed them. I was happy to people voting for others for the most part instead of self campaigning :)

I like self campaign because I don't play often and many players around now don't know me so the chance I do get voted for is already slim..... so, yeah, I'll always self campaign.