George Washington Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SeminoleFan3

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to submit the GWU secondary? It's available online, and there's a $105 you need to pay before you can mail it in (you need some sort of confirmation number from the payment). I tried to pay the fee, but it keeps defaulting to $1, and won't let me change it. Grrr.

Members don't see this ad.

i wasn't aware it was available online. i went to the website and no links are up.

Robizzle said:
i wasn't aware it was available online. i went to the website and no links are up.

I just got an email to fill out their Secondary. They said they have recieved my application. Well thats weird because I just submitted my AMCAS last Friday and my transcripts havent even arrived yet. I'm still on the "waiting for transcript" status. I figured its a mass email they send out but then how did they know that I chose them on my AMCAS. I'm a re-applicant. Their email didnt come that soon last year. Anyway I just taught its a little weird.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just payed the 105 dollar application fee online, but I haven't gotten the email confirmation yet wit the fee payment number? We need that for the secondary, anyone else having that problem?

DrVanNostran said:
I just payed the 105 dollar application fee online, but I haven't gotten the email confirmation yet wit the fee payment number? We need that for the secondary, anyone else having that problem?

me too. i just paid the fee, and never got an email. problem with me is that they never sent me a link saying to complete the secondary. maybe it means they haven't gotten my info yet. even though my amcas has already been verified and sent to schools...

Robizzle said:
me too. i just paid the fee, and never got an email. problem with me is that they never sent me a link saying to complete the secondary. maybe it means they haven't gotten my info yet. even though my amcas has already been verified and sent to schools...

Something is backwards about this operation, I am not even verified, but they said they got my prelim info which makes sense. For you, I am not sure???

I think I am going to give them a call, this is nuts.

yea this is weird. if they e-mail anyone back with a fee # let me know. because then i will call them too :)

Robizzle said:
yea this is weird. if they e-mail anyone back with a fee # let me know. because then i will call them too :)

I just gave them a call, they said it usually takes about an hour or so. IF you don't get one back on the same business day, you should call or e-mail them. So its ok I guess :rolleyes:

cool thanks for that info :thumbup: . only prob with me is that i paid like 2 hours ago! oh well. keep me updated!

Robizzle said:
cool thanks for that info :thumbup: . only prob with me is that i paid like 2 hours ago! oh well. keep me updated!

I am at about 1 and half hours now...still impatiently waiting :rolleyes: I'll give it till about another hour till I email them.

DrVanNostran said:
I am at about 1 and half hours now...still impatiently waiting :rolleyes: I'll give it till about another hour till I email them.

haha. dude i feel like GW's gonna take my money and run... and then when i go find em they'll be like.. uhhh what money? did u receive a link? no?? then what are u talkin about?

bastards!

and bsides it seems like no one has gotten confirmation since no one has replied to this yet besides us.

lol I wish that we were the only two people who wanted to go to GW.

DrVanNostran said:
I'm assuming that the authorization code is not the same as the fee payment number. If it is, it was the green number that was available when you pressed submit. It should also be in the email confirmation.

Members don't see this ad :)
HemaOncoDoc said:
I'm assuming that the authorization code is not the same as the fee payment number. If it is, it was the green number that was available when you pressed submit. It should also be in the email confirmation.

god damnit looks like this guy got the email confirmation! lol

Robizzle said:
god damnit looks like this guy got the email confirmation! lol
I never said I got the email confirmation. I'm just wondering if its going to be the same number. It says authorization code, not fee payment number. Same difference?

HemaOncoDoc said:
I never said I got the email confirmation. I'm just wondering if its going to be the same number. It says authorization code, not fee payment number. Same difference?

Is it the green number, the authorization code? I am not sure if they are the same thing? Are you going to call and ask them?

HemaOncoDoc said:

woops! sorry bud my mistake.

anywho, i think im just gonna stick it out for the day and if i get no e-mail by tonight i will be calling them first thing tomorrow morning. mail doesn't get picked up before 1 pm anyway :D

DrVanNostran said:
Is it the green number, the authorization code? I am not sure if they are the same thing? Are you going to call and ask them?
I just called. She said it is one and the same. By the way, DrVN, are you the one that wrote on my mdapplicants page previously? Just wondering because it says DrVN.

Robizzle said:
woops! sorry bud my mistake.

anywho, i think im just gonna stick it out for the day and if i get no e-mail by tonight i will be calling them first thing tomorrow morning. mail doesn't get picked up before 1 pm anyway :D
You're really adhering to the 2 day or less 'rule' aren't you...? lol.

HemaOncoDoc said:
I just called. She said it is one and the same. By the way, DrVN, are you the one that wrote on my mdapplicants page previously? Just wondering because it says DrVN.

Woot, thanks for your investigative work :D

I am the one and only mysterious DrVN :cool: How are the apps coming along?

DrVanNostran said:
Woot, thanks for your investigative work :D

I am the one and only mysterious DrVN :cool: How are the apps coming along?
No problem. I think you rob and I are pretty much in the same boat.

I got a secondary from GWU. I'm not worried though. According to another forum, the secondaries to the other schools I'm applying to aren't out yet. So, I'm not missing anything. Well, thanks for the comment! Best of luck. Hope to see you at interviews? How are your apps coming?

man... so you guys actually kept that page open for that authorization #? lol after i submitted i just X'd the window thinkin' i'd get the email right away. oh well

for you guys who have received secondaries,,,,you have taken the April MCAT, right?

Robizzle said:
man... so you guys actually kept that page open for that authorization #? lol after i submitted i just X'd the window thinkin' i'd get the email right away. oh well
Ugh...in the future, its a good thing to keep it open. If you submit payment online, you usually get a confirmation number. You should keep that just in case they claim you didn't pay them. You can just whip that puppy out and demand that they let you in. lol.

bertz413 said:
for you guys who have received secondaries,,,,you have taken the April MCAT, right?
Either the April 2006 one or a past administration that is still valid for this application year.

HemaOncoDoc said:
No problem. I think you rob and I are pretty much in the same boat.

I got a secondary from GWU. I'm not worried though. According to another forum, the secondaries to the other schools I'm applying to aren't out yet. So, I'm not missing anything. Well, thanks for the comment! Best of luck. Hope to see you at interviews? How are your apps coming?

Hopefully we get in the early batch of interviews this year, its so nerve wracking. I am just completing whatever secondaries are online, or working on some essays that were on previous years applications...so its coming along. Once we get officially verified, its going to be hell :laugh:

DrVanNostran said:
Hopefully we get in the early batch of interviews this year, its so nerve wracking. I am just completing whatever secondaries are online, or working on some essays that were on previous years applications...so its coming along. Once we get officially verified, its going to be hell :laugh:
After I get officially verified, I'm going into a mole hole until its time for interviews. Out of sight, out of mind. How many ar eyou applying to? People are making me think that if I submit my application on Friday that I'll be late. lol.

I don't like doing essays from previous applications. I know I'll come to a school that changes their prompt and I would have wasted my time. Blah!!! How many are you applying to?

HemaOncoDoc said:
After I get officially verified, I'm going into a mole hole until its time for interviews. Out of sight, out of mind. How many ar eyou applying to? People are making me think that if I submit my application on Friday that I'll be late. lol.

I don't like doing essays from previous applications. I know I'll come to a school that changes their prompt and I would have wasted my time. Blah!!! How many are you applying to?

I agree, I already started to dig up my hole :laugh: SDN makes a lot of us paranoid, for a couple hours I was convinced I would be rejected from MCOW because I didn't get their secondary yet :laugh:

Anyways, I am a pretty borderline applicant, so I ended up applying to 40ish schools. I applied to a wide range of schools, I am dipping into my savings acct and working part time to pay for most of the applications--especially the reach schools :oops:

DrVanNostran said:
I agree, I already started to dig up my hole :laugh: SDN makes a lot of us paranoid, for a couple hours I was convinced I would be rejected from MCOW because I didn't get their secondary yet :laugh:

Anyways, I am a pretty borderline applicant, so I ended up applying to 40ish schools. I applied to a wide range of schools, I am dipping into my savings acct and working part time to pay for most of the applications--especially the reach schools :oops:
Way to go though! I wish I had the balls to apply to 40 schools, especially more reach schools. I believe I'm a borderling applicant also, so we're in the same boat. Rejected by MCOW already!? Paranoia has set in!! Take a dive! Make sure your hole is far away from mine. lol

I'm working to pay for applications. I've skimmed off some cash for a trip to Europe providing I get in. It'll be my positive reinforcement.

Do you have to have AMCAS verified to submit the GW secondary?

I sent out my amcas last week and got GW secondary, but I'm not verified yet

ironmanf14 said:
Do you have to have AMCAS verified to submit the GW secondary?

I sent out my amcas last week and got GW secondary, but I'm not verified yet
I don't think you have to have it verified before sending in the secondary, however, just make sure that the information you have on your AMCAS is the same as your secondary. I ran into a problem with one of my applications where they undercredited me by 30 semester hours. Its all fixed now though. Best of luck.

ok... so the day is over. has anyone gotten a confirmation e-mail?

has anyone that has BEEN VERIFIED by amcas received a secondary e-mail from GW?

Robizzle said:
ok... so the day is over. has anyone gotten a confirmation e-mail?

has anyone that has BEEN VERIFIED by amcas received a secondary e-mail from GW?
I have not gotten a confirmation email, but my AMCAS was verified on the 7th and I received the secondary today, paid the fee and hoping to submit in the next few days.

HemaOncoDoc said:
I have not gotten a confirmation email, but my AMCAS was verified on the 7th and I received the secondary today, paid the fee and hoping to submit in the next few days.

kk cool thanks for the info. i'll def have to drop em a call tomorrow lol.

Can the GW secondary app be filled out before they send out the email? Does anyone have that link?

I was verified sometime last week. I received the link to the GW secondary this morning. I paid, got the green authorization code, and just used that as the fee payment #. I'm assuming they're the same; I can't imagine why they'd be different. Either way, I'm putting it in the mail tomorrow.

tandski said:
Can the GW secondary app be filled out before they send out the email? Does anyone have that link?
Yes, but I'm not sure if you should send it before your AMCAS is verified. In the link they sent us, it says, "Please ensure that your AMCAS application is complete and verified." However, I'm assuming that one should make sure it is complete and verified before they review your application, not before you submit it.

lol ok so i actually got the e-mail from them this morning inviting me to complete the secondary and pay the fee!

still no confirmation e-mail though. any updates from you guys?

i'll prolly call them in an hour or so

bleh. called 'em. no help. "use the confirmation number u received after u clicked submit" "uhhh i x'd the window right after" "well there seems to be some delay now u should be receiving the e-mail eventually"

:(

Robizzle said:
bleh. called 'em. no help. "use the confirmation number u received after u clicked submit" "uhhh i x'd the window right after" "well there seems to be some delay now u should be receiving the e-mail eventually"

:(
Tough break. Now you know for the future though. Keep that blasted page. Maybe your temp internet files will have that page saved.

Does GWU screen? Why haven't I received the email dangit....my app was verified on the 9th.

tandski said:
Does GWU screen? Why haven't I received the email dangit....my app was verified on the 9th.

nope no screening. don't sweat it.. they sent out emails both yesterday and today so i'm sure it'll take a few days to send to everyone who has already submitted an amcas.

Hello,
I submitted my online payment of $105 yesterday for the application fee.
Unfortunately, I closed the window shortly after I submitted and lost the
fee payment number. I was told that I would be receiving an e-mail with the
fee payment number as well but it has not arrived yet and it has been over 24
hours. Would it be possible for me to retrieve this number if I gave you my name and AMCAS ID? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Sincerely,
Robizzle.

"Thank you for your interest in GW. On the secondary application, please use
the authorization code you were given after you submitted your payment
information. If you are unable to type it, please hand write it before
sending in your application. The email confirmation is not automatic. You
will receive the email after your payment is processed. This could take as
long as one day. Please be patient.

Sincerely,
Office of Admissions
The George Washington University"

a.k.a. hi GW won't even bother to read what you just wrote in the email and you should shut the hell up because 50 kids have alraedy asked the same question as you and you should all calm the hell down.

Robizzle said:
Hello,
I submitted my online payment of $105 yesterday for the application fee.
Unfortunately, I closed the window shortly after I submitted and lost the
fee payment number. I was told that I would be receiving an e-mail with the
fee payment number as well but it has not arrived yet and it has been over 24
hours. Would it be possible for me to retrieve this number if I gave you my name and AMCAS ID? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Sincerely,
Robizzle.

"Thank you for your interest in GW. On the secondary application, please use
the authorization code you were given after you submitted your payment
information. If you are unable to type it, please hand write it before
sending in your application. The email confirmation is not automatic. You
will receive the email after your payment is processed. This could take as
long as one day. Please be patient.

Sincerely,
Office of Admissions
The George Washington University"

a.k.a. hi GW won't even bother to read what you just wrote in the email and you should shut the hell up because 50 kids have alraedy asked the same question as you and you should all calm the hell down.
You signed your name Robizzle? If that's your real name, then sweet! If not, then that's pretty funny. It sounds like a generic response; a true cut and paster. I would rather call than email.

In filling out required courses section on secondary application, I've noticed that there are only 2 lines for English course.

I need to put 3 courses to fulfill 6 hours on there so what should I do?

And if there are multiple courses that can fulfill this section, can I just select few?

kyneuromania said:
In filling out required courses section on secondary application, I've noticed that there are only 2 lines for English course.

I need to put 3 courses to fulfill 6 hours on there so what should I do?

And if there are multiple courses that can fulfill this section, can I just select few?
Put two on one line separated by a " / ." The page will adjust the size of the font automatically. Make sure you're consistent. The purpose of this is to have it in front of them to make sure you have fulfilled the requirement. They also have your AMCAS to verify it. That is what I did.

I don't know about yall, but I'm confused on how exactly to enter my lab in on this GW secondary. They said that if our lab is include in the lecture, then we just list the course again in the lab section. So does that mean that I list everything exactly, or do I change the lab to General Biology Lab for example? Also, my transcript says 0 hours for my General Biology lab, so do I list that under the lab section, or to I copy exactly what I put in the lecture section?