You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
GGoats!! - An aMAAAAAHzing WW thread
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I think they both had reasonable explanations for where their votes ended.It's closer than I was expecting to how I'm reading things.
I would like to hear directly from Alissa why AM and April are her top wolf reads.
I'm less wolfy on April based on how things went down today.
What are your thoughts on WZ and AM and how they handled tonight?
I will say, I do feel a little stabbed in the back by AM. If she was concerned about the bomb threat enough to move her vote, why didn’t she speak up and warn village, and say, “hey maybe this is for real, and we should be careful”.
I mean, her explanation makes sense, the experience doesn’t have me reading her as wolfy, but she was willing to let potentially several villagers get killed? (There’s a gap here in my knowledge of the mechanics, vs. what AM knew would be possible, vs. what was being claimed was possible). It is what it is for now I guess, but it didn’t feel like the most “team player” move, which, she was the first to admit, but still.
I don’t have super strong opinions about Dubz at the moment. I’ll need to go back and re-read the day.
This kinda bugs me, because I also considered a last min hop off, but the thing is, if enough people did that, it would be a problem. So someone has to take the hit for team village. And you're always saying if the game comes down to just one villager doing what needs to be done, village is doomed. And what's to keep the wolves from just NK'ing you N1 as they did before, if you're so crucial to the villager cause? Or village yeeting you for making a sus move?In case she actually was a vengeful wolf. At baseline, I'm still narcissistic enough that I know village would be ****ed if I die.
This just doesn't seem to follow logical principles of good village play in a way that seems to contradict a lot of what I feel is in the AM Guide to Good Village Play (TM).
The only thing that makes sense to me is that you did get killed super early the last two games.
And not to be a total dick about your helpfulness to village, but last game I followee your lead on VCA and it seemed like AM inspired thinking is why we didn't catch anyone on the bus. I know if I had pulled my head out of your ass and trusted my instincts I would have gone after Please and it might have been different.
Maybe an Crayola more independent of AM is what this village needs.
*counteracts AM's narcissism with her own while also being self-deprecating*
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
my next best wolf read is April, but the two big unshifting wagons also scare me a bit as previously mentioned, so i don't know if i'm comfy voting that way either (also risking a tie if my count is correct? ties scare me after emoji game)
I'm gonna go reanalyze my full list/review some people i haven't looked at closely yet and see if that helps bring me any clarity
Thoughts on April now?
Pippy is reading very frustrated to me. I do not think she is a wolf, and am willing to believe her 3P claim, but I really do not know what to do. She is a good player, even if she doesnt think she is. Neutral pile while I reread some more and try to make sense of things.
Why?
Also @Crayola227 would like to hear your thoughts on dubz then.
I need to look harder at her, and I hate to have conflict with her but have to say I'm not super impressed at the villaging from Dubz right now. Hoping to see more from her tomorrow and reevaluate.Thoughts on April now?
Why?
Also @Crayola227 would like to hear your thoughts on dubz then.
How are you feeling about April and Mayo now?
What about Barks and Doggo?
I feel better about mayo, not because of the pippy flip, just because his recent posts sound like he's wolf hunting compared to earlier today
I don't think the pippy flip tells us much about April's affiliation, but there's a lot more info to look into now and I liked her sunny push earlier so I'm putting her in slight neutral for now
Barks has been more aggressive this game compared to how she played in emojis and makes me lean her village.
I'm not sure how to read the sunny-dubz-barks interaction from thread earlier though. Something felt off about it.
I'm not sure about doggo yet. The one thing that stood out to me was how sure she seemed of pippy being 3P.
I haven't looked much at vca yet but that's on my list tomorrow when I'm not super tired.
Curious what your thoughts are on dubz and sunny and the interaction between them and barks from earlier
On a second re-read kinda pings me for being such an in-depth reason for a salt vote.alissa was in the last game I played if you count speed games. She voted me directly after I voted the only killable wolf.
Trying to resist the urge the vote sketchy noobs, because I'm having a hard time separating noob wolf sketch from regular noob sketch, and going for the obvious sketch noobs too much can lead to lost games a la last game.Thanks for clarifying!
Does your vote want to become a real boy? Not sure why this reminds me of Pinnochio.My vote is slowly becoming real.
Thought it was weird that April forgot she had played with Barks before and even last game doggo voted for Barks, so seemed like it was a usual thing for them. This is the quote she pulled from last game from barks:
Barks uses the word "again" which would indicate barks has does this before and is NAI, so yeah it strikes me as a big stretch.
I'm going to go out a limb and say she's not going to feel complimented by this
I'm starting to become sus of April on re-read.
Wait why are you honoring Kras? I feel like this will give me insight into you as a player.So I haven’t been in the last couple games so all my salt is outdated.
but in honor of kras and all the old salt my first vote has to be to
Yeet AM
Absolutely cannot read too much into Pip's vote and shading of Dubz. I'm sure Pip realized she wasn't going to make it to end game as a 3rd party with Dubz no matter her affiliation.Yeet Dubz
Seems too peppy pants
Not saying this clears Dubz, just specifying a thought I had in terms of what to make of it.
And this is also meaningless because again, affiliation would not need to matter to Pip in the slightest. Her reads may even have been truthful, but they're colored by the fact that end of the day not a bit of it would actually make a difference to Pip beyond her own survival. Maybe she was buddying Mayo. Maybe she was trying to buddy anyone she thought was wolf and had NK power. Too much WIFOM.Mayo sounds fine to me so far
Noting again Dina's subtle defense of Shorty.So far, I don't see a reason to change my vote on April. It started as a salt vote, but the Barks thing is really giving me twinges, I'd say it's a real vote now. Last game, I had the same feeling about April and talked myself out of it, and she was a woof. And what I'm noticing now is she immediately went after Barks like that and then it was just straight fluff with Lainey afterward.
I noticed this too and it's part of why I'm leaving my vote there.
This feels a little weird to me, but I don't have a good way to explain it - maybe I'm just haunted by last game where April was very lightly defending/being nice to me, but it gave me a little ping.
This is the kind of thinking that talked me out of it last game. I want to see more content from April today.
This feels like wolf shade for some reason.This gives me vibes of "my pack mate told me to say this to give me cred," but maybe mkg is just a fast learner
Your thinking here now makes samac seem wolfier for her vote.Okay, but so did a lot of other villagers. It wasn't one vote that got her killed. I'm also the reason village was even able to win that game.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can you explain this again, whose vote felt very bizarre and why?I was speaking from my experience from D1 of emojis, which Mayo played, so the vote felt very bizarre to me
Last game I had to decide if Shorty was village, or just picking on noobs as low hanging wolfbait misyeet fruit. And seems i will need to again this game.I went back and looked at the basics thread to see how much discussion of the unusual bussing situation occurred there vs in dead chat. The vast majority of that discussion was in dead chat, so mkg wouldn't have seen it, so maybe would think it's a more common occurrence than it really is.
Leaving as neutral for now, curious to see how they continue to contribute today.
This isn't quite right though. Lainey was a noob, but not in her first game, which is why some of the questions she asked came across as sketchy/wolfy/playing up the noob thing a little too much.
The whole mkg/April/Shorty thing giving me heebie jeebies too.I agree. This (below) pinged me because in my first wolf game, another wolf told me I should ask a certain question of a vet to give me analysis credit, and I think in the previous game, kaydubs had told us noobs in wolf chat to poke at AM a bit because everyone is so afraid to:
Then this response also pinged me because it feels like "I just asked because I was told to and not because I was interested in the answer":
Like you said, this (below) is odd because someone would have had to see the D1 yeet votes AND the outcome of the last game to draw this conclusion. But then again, I feel like more experienced wolves wouldn't have told her to use this analysis because it puts too much attention on her D1, as it is currently doing. It feels like it could have been discussed in wolf chat but the wolves didn't specifically tell her to say that.
And this below also pinged me because I have a grand total of three votes right now and only two of those mentioned salt, but she said "a lot of people are salty at april" which gives me the impression that someone in wolf chat said "a lot of people are salty at april, let's capitalize on that for a D1 village yeet," and it feels like she threw on that "it seems" at the end of the sentence as an afterthought so it seems less like the information was given to her directly:
Last game I felt like April did a lot of piggybacking Shorty, and it feels like it's happening here a bit.
AM subtle defense of mkg noted.You quoted the post where she asked why I was voting for alissa.
Some village points here. She's gonna need more to get put in village pile.It was a joke silly. Referencing one I made in dead chat last game.
Samac was my pick for "I have a hard time reading this player so let's see where some early conversation gets us" before I caught up, didn't see anything that pinged my wolfy radar enough from anyone else to change my mind, plus her AM salt vote feels...hmmm. Some sorta way. Can't put my finger on it.
Barkley noob/mkg defense noted. Buddying?I don't see any reason why a noob wouldn't be able to contribute thoughtful posts/ask questions/use acronyms without being coached. Seems a little unfair to immediately say they can't be good because they're new![]()
I’ve played 2 full games previously. The first time time I was a Mason with kras, the second we happened to be PM partners because the order of the roster.Wait why are you honoring Kras? I feel like this will give me insight into you as a player.
kras has been one of my favorite players just because I got to know her so well over those 2 games and AM was a big part of why she got yeeted. So since that was my last game she was my salt vote, even if it’s old salt to everyone else.
This sounds kinda defensive coming from April.Same, I'm not intending to vote there, was just making a note about it.
This almost feels like a legit point.The statement saying “why not stop a pattern when you can keep it going” sounded like hey all let’s keep this going
Subtle defense of Dubz noted.To be fair to Dubz, that reluctance to yeet April due to stats was a joke, referencing to a previous dead chat. She clarified that in a post later.
I assumed that was the case when I asked, but I still have ptsd from wolf!Dubz in emojis, so I felt like I had to dot my t’s and cross my i’s.
I'm aware that these subtle defense notes might get annoying but I think it's good to note anyway.
LaineyLou
Full Member
Hey guys sorry I’ve been absent since like 5 pm. Work got crazy and we had an awful surgical patient trying to die. I’ve gotta get some sleep before work tomorrow but I’ll post my reads in the afternoon when I’m up. (Given I don’t have to read through another million posts)
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
How is that post picking on noobs, exactly?Last game I had to decide if Shorty was village, or just picking on noobs as low hanging wolfbait misyeet fruit. And seems i will need to again this game.
You were discussing mkg and Lainey, which you have quite a bit. Which is fine, but last game it had me wondering (wrongly) and this game it deserves thinking on.How is that post picking on noobs, exactly?
Yeah she feels MIA still.I'm hoping to hear more from @sunshinefl at some point too
Thoughts on April now?
Why?
Also @Crayola227 would like to hear your thoughts on dubz then.
Pippy’s flip doesn’t sway me in one direction or the other, I still lean wolf because I haven’t seen anything that gave me strong village vibes. but I do need to do some re-reading at some point today so that may change. I want to review some of the posts around the period where she thought she was going to be yeeted, to see if they feel like a sad villager or a sad wolf.
(Gonna try to be online earlier today if I can, especially since it’s my bf’s birthday so I probably won’t be able to closely monitor a late waffle fest tonight. Hopefully I have time during the day!)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Yeah, but I said I was reading mkg neutral and I have a village lean on Lainey because she’s playing the same way she did last game when I misread her as wolfy. So not really the same thing. I learned some lessons from last game.You were discussing mkg and Lainey, which you have quite a bit. Which is fine, but last game it had me wondering (wrongly) and this game it deserves thinking on.
I want to highlight this because I like it. I don't feel like wolves do a great job of calling out something like this, stands out as village. WiFOM possible of course.So you have wolf points for someone but would still rather vote for someone who hasn't posted at all?
Reads as potentially trying to buddy Pippy.That’s fair to hate it. I guess my thought process has always been I hate to yeet an active villager on accident day 1. I never feel like I have enough info for a good wolf vote.
I think that post is wolfy just because it was full of some useless joke reads to make the actual reads muddled, but I also know pippy is a powerhouse villager. I wouldn’t want to yeet her day 1 and if she flips village and lose her. I’m going to watch her posts carefully going forward.
I have 2 more admissions coming my way and don’t know if I’ll be able to be back by yeet vote but I’ll try. Sorry for the relatively low activity day, I’m off tomorrow so should be able to completely catch up and form more complete reads.
Barks defense of Pippy in numerous places is stretching the bounds of believability... wolf trying buddying what she thinks is a downtrodden villager, caring little for the supreme sketchiness of Pip because possibly in informed minority and not seriously considering 3P.... I know when I wolf I frequently forget to 3P hunt until a villager brings it up.Meh I feel like it's not abnormal for you to get defensive when you're excited about a game and people try to immediately yeet you. It's NAI
But this feels villagey as wellQuestion for if you make it back: do you have plans to change your vote now that TE has posted?
Question mark here bothers me. Like a Freudian slip because this reason and retort is in reality questionable.That's not why I'm voting for you?
Lacks depthI keep getting pulled away at work and losing track of my thoughts
- I don't remember ever seeing pippy post the type of +wolf / +village mostly naked reads that she did earlier. The ones that had actual explanations are fine but a lot of them seem kind of random and I can't follow the thought process.
- cray isn't screaming village like she was for me last game
- AM seems fine (I feel like I've been saying this a lot lately? Spooky)
- Feeling better about April
- need to reread mayo's posts
- everyone else is a blur of ??? right now
Unyeet samac
This feels like stretchy with the hindsight Pippy didn't actually know April's affiliation. Was Pippy really sure? No. Did Pippy have reason to care? Maybe not. Was she coming off that certain of April in her April defense? Not that I could tell. So feels stretchy.I know I'm village, but the fact that you're so certain I'm village too is giving me informed minority wolfy vibes.
Night closed, results pending
Reviewing April’s reaction to near yeeting nowWhat the fudge did you guys do in the two minutes I was reading about small ruminant vets omg
If truly village, would have liked to maybe see some deathbed reads thrown out here. Or something to help the village on the way out, even if you’re feeling salty about the misyeet.Well, here's the point where I flip village and all you guys look real dang silly for voting me based on what happened in previous games and on my 100% NAI D1 sillies. At least dead chat is fun
This is valid, but it was also a tie earlier in the day with a lot of votes on both sides at that time. I’m curious why you didn’t opt to self prez thenBecause last I checked just a couple minutes before the yeet closed Pippy was 3 votes ahead of me and I foolishly thought I was safe 😡
NAI, I think either village or wolf would be excited about continuing to liveDOES THIS MEAN I GET TO LIVE
![]()
Hey at least you weren't almost misyeeted
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Some of them have, yes. I'm not putting much stock behind things that Pippy said about people. Right now, I'm sitting at the following - putting it in spoilers so it's not as giant of a wall post@supershorty - How are you feeling with how tonight went down?
Have any of your reads changed as a result?
Village lean:
Zenge - he's playing the way he has in all of his other games so far where he's been village. Wolf hunts actively and presses people for answers. Probably my strongest village read right now.
Cray - I noted yesterday that Cray wasn't seeming as aggro-paranoid as she has been in previous games, which village!cray seems to be, but I see this morning that she's more back to her typical self.
Lainey - I know some people are reading Lainey as wolfy, but she's playing in a very similar style to how she did last game with the combination of fluff posting and then kind of echo-y reads on people, combined with posts that just say things like "This is sketchy!". I misread Lainey as wolfy last game for this style and she flipped village, and the similarities between last game and this game are making me lean village on her.
Dina - playing pretty similarly to last game so far, weak village vibes
Zenge - he's playing the way he has in all of his other games so far where he's been village. Wolf hunts actively and presses people for answers. Probably my strongest village read right now.
Cray - I noted yesterday that Cray wasn't seeming as aggro-paranoid as she has been in previous games, which village!cray seems to be, but I see this morning that she's more back to her typical self.
Lainey - I know some people are reading Lainey as wolfy, but she's playing in a very similar style to how she did last game with the combination of fluff posting and then kind of echo-y reads on people, combined with posts that just say things like "This is sketchy!". I misread Lainey as wolfy last game for this style and she flipped village, and the similarities between last game and this game are making me lean village on her.
Dina - playing pretty similarly to last game so far, weak village vibes
Neutral:
Doggo - nothing jumps out at me as wolfy, but I'd like to see more wolf hunting from her
Barks - I didn't disagree with her read of April, but I'd like to know her thoughts on more people because she didn't really wolf hunt beyond going after April yesterday
AM - I was reading AM as village yesterday, but that last minute vote switch, even with the explanation provided, doesn't feel great to me. I understand what she's saying about alissa, but it feels a little tunnely to me, and I feel like there are other people to focus on too. I want to see how today goes.
mkg - noob with a pretty good grasp of the game so far. Not leaning one way or the other right now and want to see more from them today.
mayo - I had some wolfy vibes earlier yesterday, but does seem to be picking up wolf hunting activity. Neutral/maybe still slight wolf lean but not strong.
I need to see more from samac before coming to a read one way or the other on her. Same with TME.
Doggo - nothing jumps out at me as wolfy, but I'd like to see more wolf hunting from her
Barks - I didn't disagree with her read of April, but I'd like to know her thoughts on more people because she didn't really wolf hunt beyond going after April yesterday
AM - I was reading AM as village yesterday, but that last minute vote switch, even with the explanation provided, doesn't feel great to me. I understand what she's saying about alissa, but it feels a little tunnely to me, and I feel like there are other people to focus on too. I want to see how today goes.
mkg - noob with a pretty good grasp of the game so far. Not leaning one way or the other right now and want to see more from them today.
mayo - I had some wolfy vibes earlier yesterday, but does seem to be picking up wolf hunting activity. Neutral/maybe still slight wolf lean but not strong.
I need to see more from samac before coming to a read one way or the other on her. Same with TME.
Wolfy leans:
April - I still really don't get a great, pro-village feeling from April, and it's not residual salt from previous games. She's been very defensive and had a few instances where I've felt like she's really stretching on things. It always pings me a little when people insist how village they are, and she's done that a few times (but having said that, all the people who did that in the last game were village, and I'm keeping that in mind). I want to see more from April today. I don't know that I feel she's really wolfy, but she doesn't feel quite right either.
sunshine - sunshine has been basically MIA, which is unusual for her, and then when she was here, her response to questions has been kind of dismissive/not to the depth that I'm used to seeing from her as village!sunshine. I'd like to see a lot more from her today because right now, she's sketching me out.
alissa - lurking, conveniently forgot to vote, and then posting reads with no explanations doesn't feel great to me. I really hope we see more from her today. I don't have a strong read on her because she's barely participated, so I don't want to put too much stock in this.
Dubz - want to see a lot more today. She's super salty, which isn't what's pinging me (neither is being excited about the game), but I feel like she's not contributing the way I would expect. I could move her to neutral depending on how she plays today.
April - I still really don't get a great, pro-village feeling from April, and it's not residual salt from previous games. She's been very defensive and had a few instances where I've felt like she's really stretching on things. It always pings me a little when people insist how village they are, and she's done that a few times (but having said that, all the people who did that in the last game were village, and I'm keeping that in mind). I want to see more from April today. I don't know that I feel she's really wolfy, but she doesn't feel quite right either.
sunshine - sunshine has been basically MIA, which is unusual for her, and then when she was here, her response to questions has been kind of dismissive/not to the depth that I'm used to seeing from her as village!sunshine. I'd like to see a lot more from her today because right now, she's sketching me out.
alissa - lurking, conveniently forgot to vote, and then posting reads with no explanations doesn't feel great to me. I really hope we see more from her today. I don't have a strong read on her because she's barely participated, so I don't want to put too much stock in this.
Dubz - want to see a lot more today. She's super salty, which isn't what's pinging me (neither is being excited about the game), but I feel like she's not contributing the way I would expect. I could move her to neutral depending on how she plays today.
Night One Writeup
The goats all slept soundly last night. However, when they awoke in the morning another goat had left them. There were tire tracks of a truck and trailer, maybe he had been taken elsewhere?

Gone is @TelemarketingEnigma who was Sherlock, SAR's personal goat, and a mason.
It is now D2, Yeet close at 11pm AST
Roster:
Players:
1. @Animal Midwife
2. @alissa14
3. @Zenge142
4. @Aprilthearab
6. @mkg323
7. @WildZoo
8. @sunshinefl
10. @Doggo Labs
13. @Barkley13
14. @Dinashadow
17. @supershorty
22. @LaineyLou
23. @samac
127. @holdthemayo
?. @Crayola227
Removed from the farm:
@PippyPony - Mountain goat, Serial Killer JOAT
@TelemarketingEnigma - Sherlock, mason
The goats all slept soundly last night. However, when they awoke in the morning another goat had left them. There were tire tracks of a truck and trailer, maybe he had been taken elsewhere?

Gone is @TelemarketingEnigma who was Sherlock, SAR's personal goat, and a mason.
It is now D2, Yeet close at 11pm AST
Roster:
Players:
1. @Animal Midwife
2. @alissa14
3. @Zenge142
4. @Aprilthearab
6. @mkg323
7. @WildZoo
8. @sunshinefl
10. @Doggo Labs
13. @Barkley13
14. @Dinashadow
17. @supershorty
22. @LaineyLou
23. @samac
127. @holdthemayo
?. @Crayola227
Removed from the farm:
@PippyPony - Mountain goat, Serial Killer JOAT
@TelemarketingEnigma - Sherlock, mason
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
In light of night results, I am revising my read on Cray. Hold please.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
People will pull the whole "you said this as a wolf and chaos" thing but here's your example of busy village dubz and that is why it's NAI. I was gone other than when I could pop in briefly at work for 9 hours yesterday. So yes, my reads aren't the same as they were on d1 of the previous game where I had a day off for the entire second half of the cycle.
Sorry, that probably won't change today, I will contribute what I can but that is why 12/12 games are a struggle for me now.
Sorry, that probably won't change today, I will contribute what I can but that is why 12/12 games are a struggle for me now.
I was watched last night. Doing nothing except that which innocent goats do at night, like being adorbs.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Cray, I'd like to hear your thoughts on TME's death, please.
I'm noting how it says the serial killer is a JOAT but doesn't specify what.
I can't fathom why the wolves took her out given that she didn't have a big thread presence and had at least one D1 vote and iirc some others pressuring her.Cray, I'd like to hear your thoughts on TME's death, please.
Obvious she didn't have a super big PR. So I'm going to go look at her posts to see if there was anything she said that may have made them think she had one, or to see the other possibility for them choosing her: her reads were too good, or she voted a wolf, or something similar.
How do you know the wolves took her out, and not 3p?I can't fathom why the wolves took her out
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
@Crayola227 TME voted for April, do you have any thoughts on that?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 3K
- Views
- 117K
- Replies
- 5K
- Views
- 148K
- Replies
- 68
- Views
- 5K
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 31K