GW vs. Jefferson vs. Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jpjnyc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, Would greatly appreciate any guidance people might have on comparing these three schools. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Einstein, neigherhood is very nice. With numerous underserved communities in the vicinity. Several hospital affiliation in the city, including Northshore LIJ which used to teach NYU.

Pick which city you'd like to live in basically

Members don't see this ad :)
Einstein's neighborhood was awesome. Plus, you're close to downtown New York, but far enough away from the constant bustle. It's got my vote. I liked the structure of their curriculum, too. And I think it was a bit cheaper than GW. Not sure on Jefferson.

By reputation I would pick Einstein. Other factors such as location and cost will play a role.

Einstein > Jeff > GW

In my opinion--assuming similar costs.

The second link you posted was from 1994 and was actually Montefiore hospital, not Einstein. It's been 17 years... I'd bet that most of the administration is different now.

As for the first link, I would hope (and assume) that it was confined to one or two people in the administration/faculty. If any sort of anti-gay bias was widespread, we'd be hearing about it/there would be a lot of backlash from the students. Speaking to currents students, there aren't any issues that they're aware of.

If we're going to mention issues, GW was put on probation in 2008, when they didn't monitor students' time with patients, there was a lack of study space, and students complained of mistreatment. Probation was lifted just last year, and I would assume (just like with Einstein) that things have been changed to prevent future issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.