You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Jefferson (Sidney Kimmel)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
hopefuldoc7381
Full Member
when were y'all complete? I was complete 6/29 and nothing yet
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
zigzagzinger
Full Member
Sorry to hear this dude! Did they email you? Best of luck with the rest of your cycle, this is only one school.Pre-II rejection today. Good-luck to y’all
D
deleted1200007
Pre-II R just now
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
complete in june and sent an update last week. no rejection yet lol
nolemedgirl
Full Member
pre-II R this morning
pre-II R, LM 65, complete 8/30
complete in june and sent an update last week. no rejection yet lol
me too send update 2.5 weeks ago
magicschoolbus25
New Member
anyone receive any post-II decisions recently?
I'm still waiting. when did you interview?anyone receive any post-II decisions recently?
magicschoolbus25
New Member
11/6, hoping to hear something soon 🤞I'm still waiting. when did you interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm going to assume they are basically done filling up their class at this point, just based on what I've heard.was this a mass rejection? do the people who didn’t get rejected have an actual shot?
oh so what’s the situation for the ppl that haven’t been rejected yetI'm going to assume they are basically done filling up their class at this point, just based on what I've heard.
From what a current student (not an adcom) was telling me, they don't reject all at once and keep some applicants as back-ups in case some turn down their acceptances. I'm taking what they say with some grains of salt, but I've always known that Jefferson+Tulane fill up their classes quickly.oh so what’s the situation for the ppl that haven’t been rejected yet
heir_of_snakes
Full Member
HPWL just now. Interviewed 11/6. Genuinely in pain. I thought my interview went well
InterviewHarvester
II Hunting Specialist.
The harvester withdrew their application (pre-II) to SKMC yesterday. The harvester refuses to allow schools to reject them. The harvester cannot lose.
Does anyone know if they accept letters of interest pre-II (and if so, do you email them)?
Does anyone know if they accept letters of interest pre-II (and if so, do you email them)?
Yes. You send it to their admissions email address.
Thank you!Yes. You send it to their admissions email address.
hungryhippos
Full Member
do i send the update letter as a pdf through email or just email as text?
I would do both, personally. I imagine PDF is preferable but in case it gets removed in transit or something.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When was the last time they sent out an II?Incase anyone is curious, they're now scheduling interviews mid-late feb
Cycletrack has one sent on 12/9.When was the last time they sent out an II?
underdawg434
Full Member
been under review since mid-july
chemicalrush21
Full Member
Been complete since 7/28 and radio silence. Honestly, at this point, I'm treating it like an R. 🥲
magic_fish12
Full Member
Same boat, waiting for the R to strike.Been complete since 7/28 and radio silence. Honestly, at this point, I'm treating it like an R. 🥲
tinyutensils
Full Member
Does jeff accept update letters?
yesDoes jeff accept update letters?
Serious question: has anyone interviewed and been rejected afterward? I haven't seen any in this thread and poked around in last year's thread and didn't see any there either. Does Jefferson just either accept or waitlist all interviewees?
neuroscinerd34
Full Member
Yes. Unless there is some kind of insane major red flag, applicants are either accepted or waitlisted post-II here. The admissions office confirmed this when I spoke to them. They also told me that there's no such such as the "high-priority" waitlist. Anyone that is waitlisted will receive the email that says they've been placed on the "high-priority waitlist" and its entirely unranked (again, this is directly from SKMC admissions)Serious question: has anyone interviewed and been rejected afterward? I haven't seen any in this thread and poked around in last year's thread and didn't see any there either. Does Jefferson just either accept or waitlist all interviewees?
OOS HPWL interviewed 11/13 - I am reflecting on my interview and felt that my Jeff physician one was very informal which could have been detrimental to me. Is there any use in notifying the school that my interviewer asked if I had other interviews and acceptances? From historical threads I am seeing a mixed response. I am not hoping for this to reverse the HPWL decision but rather provide more context to my profile.
chemicalrush21
Full Member
Take my perspective with a grain of salt because I have no experience with this and I'm an applicant too, but I probably wouldn't mention that to the school because it might come across as you grasping at straws to get an acceptance there (which obviously isn't your intent). Instead, if you are trying to convey that despite having XYZ acceptances and interviews, you are still really interested in attending JeffMD, I would probably just go with a post-interview letter of intent/interest with some updates weaved in, if applicable. Just my initial thoughts as a fellow applicant - if someone more knowledgeable chimes in and disagrees, I'd probably go with their opinion!OOS HPWL interviewed 11/13 - I am reflecting on my interview and felt that my Jeff physician one was very informal which could have been detrimental to me. Is there any use in notifying the school that my interviewer asked if I had other interviews and acceptances? From historical threads I am seeing a mixed response. I am not hoping for this to reverse the HPWL decision but rather provide more context to my profile.
EDIT: I also don't know if you answered their question with an actual number of acceptances and interviews because then it might shift their perspective on how much you'd wanna go there. However, you also can't assume that they even mentioned this in their report to the admissions committee and then, assume it played a significant decision in your HPWL outcome rather than an acceptance.
OOS A yesterday! Interviewed on 11/6, submitted on 7/10.
grizzlybear130
Full Member
Where do we submit letters of interest / updates to?
You can email it to admissions
You can email it to admissions
The email is [email protected]
Also cc the Dean of Admissions: [email protected]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you so much!!
Thank you, that makes a lot of sense. After letting the information process for a night I feel like this is definitely the course I should and will take. I wish you the best in the admissions cycle.Take my perspective with a grain of salt because I have no experience with this and I'm an applicant too, but I probably wouldn't mention that to the school because it might come across as you grasping at straws to get an acceptance there (which obviously isn't your intent). Instead, if you are trying to convey that despite having XYZ acceptances and interviews, you are still really interested in attending JeffMD, I would probably just go with a post-interview letter of intent/interest with some updates weaved in, if applicable. Just my initial thoughts as a fellow applicant - if someone more knowledgeable chimes in and disagrees, I'd probably go with their opinion!
EDIT: I also don't know if you answered their question with an actual number of acceptances and interviews because then it might shift their perspective on how much you'd wanna go there. However, you also can't assume that they even mentioned this in their report to the admissions committee and then, assume it played a significant decision in your HPWL outcome rather than an acceptance.
chemicalrush21
Full Member
For sure! I hope your HPWL here turns into an A and you get other As to decide between too 🙂Thank you, that makes a lot of sense. After letting the information process for a night I feel like this is definitely the course I should and will take. I wish you the best in the admissions cycle.
Did you attach a PDF (your letter) or just type your letter in the body of the email?You can email it to admissions
Did you attach a PDF (your letter) or just type your letter in the body of the email?