How do I choose?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EDScribe17

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I know I am fortunate to have a choice in medical school. Still, I'm having a really hard deciding between two programs.

EVMS instate vs. MUSC out-of-state? Does anyone have any thoughts?

I was impressed by both schools and think I would get a good education at both. Charleston SC is a beautiful place, and I would love to be there for 4 years, but out-of-state is SO expensive.

Thanks for any input!

P.S. This site has been so helpful through the application process. Thanks to everyone's posts through the years!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
:confused:

EVMS. They're of equal quality and the OOS tuition for MUSC is something like 58K, while EVMS IS tuition is less than half of that. You would have to really adore Charleston and expect to be absolutely miserable at EVMS to choose MUSC.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you, Justin, for your help :)

Can you become a SC resident after your first year? If you really love Charleston and would rather be there then maybe it isn't completely out of the picture in terms of cost?

Can you become a SC resident after your first year? If you really love Charleston and would rather be there then maybe it isn't completely out of the picture in terms of cost?

That's a good idea, but they made us sign that we weren't allowed to change residency status for the 4 years we attend MUSC.

Status
Not open for further replies.