2024-2025 SUNY Downstate (Brooklyn)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did it take a day or so for the deposit payment to register as complete for other people? I paid mine today and it doesnt show up as complete but i got a confirmation receipt emailed to me. Just a bit paranoid about them possibly not seeing it haha
They have an issue with the portal. I emailed them the receipt and then they updated the portal
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 A. Just got off the WL yesterday around 4PM.

Does anyone have any idea when I will get access to my own school email? I want to apply to for the housing application, but I don't know my downstate student ID#.

Also, what's the groupme for accepted students?
 
+1 A. Just got off the WL yesterday around 4PM.

Does anyone have any idea when I will get access to my own school email? I want to apply to for the housing application, but I don't know my downstate student ID#.

Also, what's the groupme for accepted students?
Congrats! When did you interview?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys! I got an email to another personal email of mine from Downstate Admissions, which essentially says "Thank you for choosing Downstate Health Sciences for pursuing the MD degree studies!! While you are waiting for your admission application to go through the remaining phases of the admission process to get fully admitted, we have created a network account to log onto Medicat portal."

Just want to confirm with others - Is this sent out to everyone who is waiting a decision to just essentially complete forms in case you get off? I'm so confused because this isn't even the email I use for my application, and, I'm still on the waitlist waiting to hear any news but the wording of the email makes it seem like I accepted an acceptance. Thanks all!
 
Hi guys! I got an email to another personal email of mine from Downstate Admissions, which essentially says "Thank you for choosing Downstate Health Sciences for pursuing the MD degree studies!! While you are waiting for your admission application to go through the remaining phases of the admission process to get fully admitted, we have created a network account to log onto Medicat portal."

Just want to confirm with others - Is this sent out to everyone who is waiting a decision to just essentially complete forms in case you get off? I'm so confused because this isn't even the email I use for my application, and, I'm still on the waitlist waiting to hear any news but the wording of the email makes it seem like I accepted an acceptance. Thanks all!
Did you previously have access to Medicat? I think everyone on the WL gets this email to upload their health clearance forms
 
Post II R just now, was not on WL. Interviewed in October. Downstate was my top choice, but I have other acceptances, so this is not too bad. Good luck everyone and congratulations to those accepted.
 
Does anyone know whether they actually require a chicken pox vaccine? I had chicken pox as a kid so never received the vaccine but on medicat it looks like they require it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone having issues with student health? They want proof of boosters but the health form with a mds signature and stamp isn't good enough. She wants a vaccine card 🙈 it's not a Pediatrician, boosters were given by an adult dr and I haven't used my yellow card in 10 yrs. At this point I may need to get something notarized 🙃
 
Anyone having issues with student health? They want proof of boosters but the health form with a mds signature and stamp isn't good enough. She wants a vaccine card 🙈 it's not a Pediatrician, boosters were given by an adult dr and I haven't used my yellow card in 10 yrs. At this point I may need to get something notarized 🙃
for which vaccine? for ones that I got years ago all i had to show was my immunization report