2024-2025 SUNY Downstate (Brooklyn)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there anybody who applied and interviewed to MD/MPH who hasn't heard a response from either program? I wasn't sure what the expected timeline was for the MPH program to release decisions
 
I think I may have played my cards wrong and only submitted my letter of intent today - at this point, does it seem like it will have much bearing? Or do we think the waitlist is already ranked and set?
 
+1 IS A off of AL May 2nd
LM 76.9

interviewed April 9th, AL April 24th, it says on my portal than an acceptance was "posted April 30th" but it did not appear on CYMS and I did not email until yesterday morning.
 
For those who got off the waitlist, did you all do the pre-matriculation stuff?
Yes—submitted all of it and let them know via email that it was done. Health stuff and proof of citizenship didn’t get checked off on their end yet but the other stuff did.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I dont understand do we have to submit all of our health forms and vaccines before we get A?
No-- they have just told us that they prefer to accept candidates who are "ready to go" if accepted. This is likely more of a factor when it gets closer to orientation so they don't have to rush us to get all of the requirements done.
 
Has anyone still not heard anything post-interview?
Yup me not a peep except that my letter of interest was received added to my file. My mcat wasn't great, My gpa was 3.93, 3.94 science, bio major. interviewer couldn't get enough of me. Family member is alumni in a diff field. Did shadowing at downstate. So it was a slim chance cuz of my mcat but it would be nice to know where I stand either way. Starting my 2026 applications 💀.
 
Yup me not a peep except that my letter of interest was received added to my file. My mcat wasn't great, My gpa was 3.93, 3.94 science, bio major. interviewer couldn't get enough of me. Family member is alumni in a diff field. Did shadowing at downstate. So it was a slim chance cuz of my mcat but it would be nice to know where I stand either way. Starting my 2026 applications [emoji88].
Not even a rejection nor an alternate? That's weird
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
is the wave starting
1746548312525.png
 
Me too. Denial. Offered bridges. What are odds of acceptance to medical school?
well in the email it says that if you pass the program, you're guaranteed acceptance to the medical school. did a little more research and I found that 88% of the students got into their medical school from the program. so im assuming 88% of the people passed.
 
+[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]] A
Interview Jan (don’t think time of interview matters anymore for statistics). AL [emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]]]/[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]]

Anyone know if I can still hold a place at DO, I’m trying to get into a DO/PhD but they only release interviews in May/June. SUNY downstate says I have to withdraw any other medical schools I’m holding a place in. Does osteopathic count?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]] A
Interview Jan (don’t think time of interview matters anymore for statistics). AL [emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]]]/[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]]

Anyone know if I can still hold a place at DO, I’m trying to get into a DO/PhD but they only release interviews in May/June. SUNY downstate says I have to withdraw any other medical schools I’m holding a place in. Does osteopathic count?
I'm not 100% sure but I don't think MD and DO share the same CYMS tool so they might not be able to see whether you are still holding onto your DO acceptance