2024-2025 SUNY Downstate (Brooklyn)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

just got a Post II R, damn this hurts, no offer for bridges either so I feel like they really didn't want me lol
I wish they provided feedback. I feel like both my interviews felt really good, but who knows
Sorry to hear that. I want to know if people are getting post II rejection without being on the waitlist
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For the AL, how do I submit all the pre-matric forms? Like the proof of citizenship, bls cert, and transcript? I know that for the health clearance i have to submit it through medicat. Also, if I already have a BLS cert from being an EMT does that count or do I have to take the course again?
 
For the AL, how do I submit all the pre-matric forms? Like the proof of citizenship, bls cert, and transcript? I know that for the health clearance i have to submit it through medicat. Also, if I already have a BLS cert from being an EMT does that count or do I have to take the course again?
You can upload documents of those on the portal you filled out your secondaries in. You can also email them Id assume, they seem pretty chill with emails.

For the BLS, it’s specifically a course for healthcare providers. So it’s a lil different from the normal one.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how to access the admitted student facebook group? I am trying to figure out dates for admitted student day/orientation/white coat. Thank you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What’d you think helped you during reapp? It seems like i might have to reapply
Well I took a year off to really evaluate where I went wrong. After taking some advice from friends, it seems like my low MCAT and personal essays held me back. So I retook the MCAT and got a higher score. I rewrote my personal statement and incorporated more stories and more reflection to really show who I am.
 
Last years calendar. Dates prob similar
1000202343.jpg
last year's calendar online so prob similar dates
 
well in the email it says that if you pass the program, you're guaranteed acceptance to the medical school. did a little more research and I found that 88% of the students got into their medical school from the program. so im assuming 88% of the people passed.
I’ve spoken to people who are now in first year or graduated, who came in via Bridges.
It sounds like most people do fine and pass. There is a lot of academic support.
I’m accepting the nomination and look forward to meeting the cohort!
 
Does anyone have any insight into this blurb about rankings on the MSAR:
"Students rankings
Students are ranked for residency application"
I know that pre-clerkship is true P/F and clerkships have a tiered grading system so I'm just sort of wondering how they provide this sort of information to residencies and if students are simply ranked numerically based on their clinical scores (which would be... tough) etc.
 
Does anyone have any insight into this blurb about rankings on the MSAR:
"Students rankings
Students are ranked for residency application"
I know that pre-clerkship is true P/F and clerkships have a tiered grading system so I'm just sort of wondering how they provide this sort of information to residencies and if students are simply ranked numerically based on their clinical scores (which would be... tough) etc.

I’m not sure completely what you’re asking. But although it’s P/F, according to downstate website they rank students in the P/F. “Honors, High Pass, Pass, Conditional, and Fail.” I’m assuming this can be contributing to ranking.

 
I’m not sure completely what you’re asking. But although it’s P/F, according to downstate website they rank students in the P/F. “Honors, High Pass, Pass, Conditional, and Fail.” I’m assuming this can be contributing to ranking.

Sorry should have clarified! I meant just that are we ranked in relation to other students for clerkship grades (i.e., I know some schools do it in thirds etc.) and if that "section" or potentially number in class rank is reported to residencies when applying rather than simply a list of clerkship grades
 
Off the waitlist, can I plan to enroll and wait to commit to enroll or do they require commit to enroll? Very paranoid I’m doing this wrong
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
which is the right health form to complete? the one for visiting students? just trying to make sure im doing everything WLs can do
 
Did it take a day or so for the deposit payment to register as complete for other people? I paid mine today and it doesnt show up as complete but i got a confirmation receipt emailed to me. Just a bit paranoid about them possibly not seeing it haha