Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
**disclaimer, this is a long post**
I want to go to vet school...
I'll start off with a little background about myself.
I graduated high school in May of 2012 with a 3.5 GPA (not too shabby for someone who didn't have the maturity to care I suppose) I moved in with my boyfriend to attend LSU and it kinda went downhill for the both of us academically. We weren't into the party scene, we were just simply lazy and did not recognized or appreciate the full ride TOPS gave us (basically our college tuition was paid for by the state of Louisiana). After skipping classes, withdrawing from one class cause I did not have any interest in it (art history, like come on, I'm really kicking myself right now) I finished my first semester of college with a 2.5 GPA. Let me tell you, I thought so low of myself after this and really thought ugh, why try? Onto second semester, with my tuition still being paid by state and decided it would be a great time to take on a part time job while continuing my terrible studying habits, I ended the semester with a GPA 1.25 and an overall GPA of 1.8. After this semester, my tuition was no longer going to be paid via the state and I was expected to pay (like wow, I have to pay for MY education whaaaat? I was so immature.) So that summer, instead of taking summer classes to get my GPA up I decided to throw myself a pitty party. I took out a loan for my third semester and was so lost. I had no passion for anything including school and by my third semester I had changed my major for the THIRD time. I ended up dropping out (along with BF) and getting a full time job.
Fast forward to today, two years later, my then boyfriend, now fiancé, is a police office, we have our own apartment, pay our own bills including those loans we took out and I feel like I can now have my head on straight to focus on school work. I have also found I have a passion for working with animals. I for once in my life can say I truly see myself pursing that as a career and ENJOYING it. I look back on the opportunities I had and really wish I could have taken it seriously but I have a strong desire to go back.
Onto my question for you guys:
With my GPA still low, at 1.9 and with 33 credits, is it too late to consider ever getting into vet school and at LSU as well. I am not currently in good standing with LSU, so I would have to go to a community college and get my GPA some, then I was considering going to Southeastern University in Hammond because it is closer to me then LSU is to complete my undergrad. Anyways, what do you guys think? Am I nuts? Is this possible or a waste of time and money with zero chance of ever being accepted to any vet school in the future.
Any response is appreciated! I want this so bad!
I want to go to vet school...
I'll start off with a little background about myself.
I graduated high school in May of 2012 with a 3.5 GPA (not too shabby for someone who didn't have the maturity to care I suppose) I moved in with my boyfriend to attend LSU and it kinda went downhill for the both of us academically. We weren't into the party scene, we were just simply lazy and did not recognized or appreciate the full ride TOPS gave us (basically our college tuition was paid for by the state of Louisiana). After skipping classes, withdrawing from one class cause I did not have any interest in it (art history, like come on, I'm really kicking myself right now) I finished my first semester of college with a 2.5 GPA. Let me tell you, I thought so low of myself after this and really thought ugh, why try? Onto second semester, with my tuition still being paid by state and decided it would be a great time to take on a part time job while continuing my terrible studying habits, I ended the semester with a GPA 1.25 and an overall GPA of 1.8. After this semester, my tuition was no longer going to be paid via the state and I was expected to pay (like wow, I have to pay for MY education whaaaat? I was so immature.) So that summer, instead of taking summer classes to get my GPA up I decided to throw myself a pitty party. I took out a loan for my third semester and was so lost. I had no passion for anything including school and by my third semester I had changed my major for the THIRD time. I ended up dropping out (along with BF) and getting a full time job.
Fast forward to today, two years later, my then boyfriend, now fiancé, is a police office, we have our own apartment, pay our own bills including those loans we took out and I feel like I can now have my head on straight to focus on school work. I have also found I have a passion for working with animals. I for once in my life can say I truly see myself pursing that as a career and ENJOYING it. I look back on the opportunities I had and really wish I could have taken it seriously but I have a strong desire to go back.
Onto my question for you guys:
With my GPA still low, at 1.9 and with 33 credits, is it too late to consider ever getting into vet school and at LSU as well. I am not currently in good standing with LSU, so I would have to go to a community college and get my GPA some, then I was considering going to Southeastern University in Hammond because it is closer to me then LSU is to complete my undergrad. Anyways, what do you guys think? Am I nuts? Is this possible or a waste of time and money with zero chance of ever being accepted to any vet school in the future.
Any response is appreciated! I want this so bad!
@dyachei