Is this too late to take the GRE

Started by bunnygirl
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bunnygirl

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In the midst of me feeling unready and overwhelmed with work, app,etc. I have scheduled to take the GRE Sept. 14th. Is this cutting it too close? Any feedback would be helpful...
 
I'll be taking it then too. Check out each schools websites, some of them you can take the test through December.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'll be taking them 2 days before you, on September 12th. It's not too late for the schools I'm applying to. I was going to take it in August just because if I mess up on them, I could take them again in September before my deadline of October 1st. But the summer slipped away so I missed my chance for August.
 
i'm not taking it until sept. 29th....which is ok for the schools i'm applying to. i also wanted to put it off for as long as i could in order to study.
 
Sept 14th will prob get it in right on the 1st. I did that last year. I tried to schedule it around my gallblader surgery... not a good idea 🙂
 
i think i might reschedule mine. i have it for this saturday...but i'm not even applying this year...i think i might wait till winter break. what do you guys think? i know that i'd do ok on the math..but not so great on the verbal. And i took the kaplan course, but i still dont feel comfortable...but i dont think i ever will. and i was thinking that i'd at least have next year to take it too. what would you guys do?
 
i took mine at the very end of september, which was fine for all my schools except washington state. just be sure your school says TAKE by Oct 1, not HAVE SCORES IN by Oct 1. Also, if this is your first test (like it was mine), it puts a lot of pressure on you to do well. i guess though, at this point, it is best not to think of that and to just do your best. good luck!
 
i think i might reschedule mine. i have it for this saturday...but i'm not even applying this year...i think i might wait till winter break. what do you guys think? i know that i'd do ok on the math..but not so great on the verbal. And i took the kaplan course, but i still dont feel comfortable...but i dont think i ever will. and i was thinking that i'd at least have next year to take it too. what would you guys do?

i would just take it and get one under your belt. otherwise, if you are like me, you will just procrastinate until the very last moment, and then you won't get a chance to take it again. if you have taken the kaplan, then you will do just fine. remember to just breathe!! :luck:
 
I will double check, but I am almost positive they all say "to be take by oct 1st". Thanks for the input.

Is that your g.pig? Such a cute pic🙂
 
I'm taking mine for the first time on the 21st. How exactly does it work when it says to submit the scores to the schools? Can I do it at the place I take the exam, or do I get something when I'm done? I really have no clue. 😕
 
After you are done taking the exam the computer will ask you what schools you would like your scores sent to. They send your scores electronically. I know this is how it works in New York, but Im pretty sure it is the same everywhere in the u.s....
 
After you are done taking the exam the computer will ask you what schools you would like your scores sent to. They send your scores electronically. I know this is how it works in New York, but Im pretty sure it is the same everywhere in the u.s....
Sweet. Thanks. 🙂
 
Some of the schools want the scores by october first. There is a chart on the AAVMC website, but a couple of the dates are wrong so I rechecked all mine on the school's websites.