Jurassic Park WW Game Official Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
***************************************
********

AND it looks like no ones upset that im gone!

Fine then. I'll haunt you guys.

OoooooooooooooooooOooooooOooooo

***************
But we're happy you're dead with us!! 😀 Irish Wake for TW! :luck::luck::luck:
*****************************************
 
***************************************
All the Rogue Dinos can be found in:
images

***************************************
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
***************************************

But we're happy you're dead with us!! 😀 Irish Wake for TW! :luck::luck::luck:
*****************************************

*********
I can hear the bagpipes now

Sniff sniff.

Hellos again, my dead friends!

**********
 
**************************************
first-book-dino-dead_300.jpg

******************************************
 
***************************************

But we're happy you're dead with us!! 😀 Irish Wake for TW! :luck::luck::luck:
*****************************************


***********************************************************
I agree! Irish wake it is!!!:luck::luck::luck: Now drink up!
smiley-eatdrink003.gif

***********************************************************
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
*************************************************************
:corny:

On my way to the pub for St Paddy's Day drinking! 😀

But this is too good to miss, so will have to keep watch on my phone to
see what transpires!
*************************************************************
 
The horror of finding poor, vocal TigerWillow's body quickly escalated when jjohnston's voice rang out, "You knew where she was all along." The group watched as she glared murderously at dyachei. "Your reign of terror is over. I had the goggles last night, dyachei. I saw you turn into a Carnotaurus!"

That was enough for the remaining students and they quickly threw in their votes. But before plurality could be reached, their Lead Researcher shook her head and snapped the only four words that could end their discussion:

"I veto this lynch."


There are 5 players left.

Team Stegosaurus
3. Trematode

Team Triceratops
4. ky261682

Team Brachiosaurus
4. dyachei

Team Compsognathus
4. sheepdogpsu
3. jjohnston


List of the dead
hedgiehog -- student
squirrlesrule -- Computer Programmer
bbeventer -- Dilophosaurus (Rogue Dinosaur)
shortnsweet -- Computer Hacker
fromthebox -- Velociraptor (Rogue Dinosaur)
WTF -- student
nyanko -- Game Warden
kakurubird -- student
sooprnova -- Spinosaurus (Rogue Dinosaur)
CorporateFatCat -- student
krist -- student
alaskandream -- Tyrannosaurus (Rogue Dinosaur)
NStarz -- student
Katie8 -- Ceratosaurus (Rogue Dinosaur)
Devyn -- student
Kaydubs -- Big Game Hunter
Nordicat -- student
orca2011 -- student
TigerWillow -- student


It is now Night 12. You have until 8pm CST to get your PMs in.
 
Last edited:
The remaining students had spent the night in sleepless terror. Every rustle signaled an impending attack, every creaking branch the movement of a monster. Each thought their fears were validated a few hours after sunset, when the infuriated roars and inhuman screams of warring behemoths had sounded. They had huddled in their camps and listened to the struggle unfold in the darkness; what they heard would fuel their nightmares for years to come. The sounds of battle had ended abruptly around midnight.

The sun was shining brightly as Trematode and ky261682 emerged from their hideouts the following morning. They met cautiously in the natural shelter and voiced their concerns quickly; both dreaded what they would find when they got to the runway. They were somewhat comforted by the realization that dyachei's days were numbered. And so they pressed on bravely.

They were blindsided by what they found. Sheepdogpsu lay in the grass beyond the crates, and splayed out across the tarmac before him were the massive bodies of dyachei, the Carnotaurus, and jjohnston, the Mutant Pachycephalosaurus. The battle that had raged in the night had apparently been theirs. From what they pieced together from the carnage before them, the brave jjohnston had set out to prove her loyalties and take the final Rogue Dinosaur down on her own, and had found dyachei just as she had killed Sheepdogpsu.

The two surviving students sat numbly in the sun. Eventually, the sound of helicopters and all-terrain vehicles broke the silence and several teams (from both InGen and U.S. Military) blazed in to "save" them.

The resulting lawsuit against the InGen board of directors and BioSyn team responsible for the virus was unprecedented.

The students have won.
 
DVMDream and I collaborated heavily on rules, items, roles, etc. The results were a mixture of both of our ideas.

Each of the teams represents the six clades of dinosaurs (as listed on Wikipedia). The specific species were chosen because they appeared in the books and/or the movies.

Roles, initial item distribution, anything to do with chance, and item movement were all determined with a random number generator and a numbered list of players. Items were removed from circulation (and stayed out of circulation) if I rolled the number of a dead player.

Roles
Computer Hacker -- determine item held by one player each night.

Paleobotanist -- heal one injured (silenced) player each night, could not heal from dino or etorphine attack

Computer Programmer
-- could sabotage the system once during the game (effect could be stopping all night activities, sending wolves a tip, etc. and would be randomly determined)

Game Warden -- could investigate one player each night or scout to determine night's activities

Big Game Hunter -- could set a trap to capture a rogue dinosaur with 100% success but a chance of discovery

Rogue Dinosaurs
Velociraptor -- the "Clever Girl," could investigate one player each night

Tyrannosaurus -- the "Nesting Female," could convert a single player into the Carnotaurus

Spinosaurus, Dilophosaurus, Ceratosaurus, and Carnotaurus had no abilities. Carnotaurus was chosen as the conversion species because it appeared in the second novel and was slated to be in JP3 (but was replaced by Ceratosaurus).

Items (some circulated among players, others did not)
Dilophosaurus Venom -- 4 total uses, used to injure (silence) one player every other night

Nedry's Shaving Cream
-- used to revive a single randomized player. There were 3 possible roles that could be given to revived students -- student, Mutant Pachycephalosaurus (could attack one player each night), or Velociraptor Fetus (could only strategize). Revived dinos also had the chance to return as a Zombie Whatever-they-were and re-join the rogue dinos.

Etorphine
-- 3 total uses, used to shoot one player each night. Would kill a student outright but immobilize (silence) a Rogue Dinosaur.

Tyrannosaurus Urine
-- 3 total uses, used to protect the holder's group from attack by all dinos but the Spinosaurus (protection would fail if it was the one to attack).

Jurassic Park Jeep
-- 5 total uses, could protect from an attack or an investigation.

Velociraptor Claw
-- 2 uses before it had a chance to break, could be used to attack a player each night.

West Indian Lilac Berries
-- could be used to attack one player each night.

Sarah's Lucky Pack
-- gave holding player a chance to escape if attacked.

Night Vision Goggles
-- used to investigate a player for either their role or their item.

Hidden Roles
We implemented these during night 9 because you were speculating that SOV was going to show up and kill you all in the end. The hidden players could choose to mob a player or steal an item from a player every other night. They were:

Nyctosaurus (flying reptile) -- SOV
Smilosuchus (extinct crocodile) -- PetPony
Chupacabrachelys (extinct turtle) -- Lissarae
Nothosaurus (aquatic reptile) -- Krist [invited because her death was a result of my epic mod failure]
Dimorphodon (flying reptile) -- orcagirl
 
.Night 1.
.Wolves elect bbeventer as Lead Hunter.
.Squirrels takes no action.
.Nyanko investigates dyachei, learns is student.
.WTF finds Night Vision Goggles, investigates Trematode, learns is student.
.Wolves send Katie8 to kill hedgiehog, do not investigate .
.Devyn attacks and silences Trematode with the raptor claw.
.Sheepdogpsu elects not to save an injured player.
.Shortnsweet investigates dyachei, learns she is holding lucky pack.

.Night 2.
.Squirrels takes no action.
.Ky261682 uses tyrannosaurus urine to protect Team Triceratops.
.Sheepdogpsu elects not to save an injured player..
.Nyanko investigates Nstarz, learns is student.
.WTF investigates bbeventer for role w/NVG, learns is DILOPHOSAURUS (wolf!).
.FTB (wolf) investigates Trematode, is unsuccessful.
.Wolves send sooprnova to kill squirrelsrule.
.Shortnsweet investigates WTF for item, is unsucccessful.

.Night 3.
.Nyanko investigates devyn, learns is student.
.TigerWillow finds Night Vision Goggles, investigates FTB for role, learns is VELOCIRAPTOR (wolf!).
.Wolves elect fromthebox as new Lead Hunter.
.Shortnsweet investigates FTB for item, learns is not holding any.
.Sheepdogpsu elects to save an injured player -- good or bad?.
.Wolves send Katie8 to kill shortnsweet, do not investigate.
.CFC uses dilophosaurus venom to silence FTB.
.Ky declines to protect Team Triceratops.
.Velociraptor claw randomized to injure Krist.
.Player healed by sheepdogpsu is randomized -- Krist is healed.
.Ky declines to protect Team Triceratops..

.Night 4.
.Sheepdogpsu elects to save an injured player again tonight.
.Wolves send alaskandream to convert TigerWillow → has jeep. (so chance of conversion .= TW's RNG was 2, wolves picked 2, so no conversion).
.Nyanko investigates kaydubs, learns is Big Game Hunter.
.Nstarz uses WILB to silence sheepdogpsu.
.Sheepdogpsu heals self.

.Night 5.
.Trematode uses Nedry's Shaving Cream, jjohnston randomly chosen for revival.; .jjohnston chooses option #2 and returns as Mutant Pachycephalosaurus.
.Nyanko investigates Katie8, learns is CERATOSAURUS (wolf!).
.Kaydubs begins big game hunt.
.Jjohnston attacks TigerWillow.
.Sheepdogpsu neglects to heal tonight and uses WILB to silence dyachei.
.Wolves send Katie 8 to kill nyanko.

.Night 6.
.Wolves send alaskandream to convert dyachei.
.Ky261682 uses Tyrannosaurus Urine to protect Team Triceratops.
.Sheepdogpsu elects to save an injured player.
.Currently injured players are TigerWillow and dyachei.
.Alaskandream injured @ night but saved by item.
.Kaydubs is discovered while hunting but escapes.
.Krist investigates sooprnova with NVG, learns is the SPINOSAURUS (wolf!).
.Jjohnston attacks alaskandream unsuccessfully (is holding Jeep).

.Night 7.
.Sheepdogpsu elects to heal any injured player besides alaskandream.
.Wolves send katie8 to kill CFC.
.Dyachei shoots krist with etorphine → RNG 3, so krist is killed [MOD FAIL].

.Night 8.
.TigerWillow has pack, chooses 4 in case of attack.
.Wolves send Katie8 to kill Nstarz.
.Sheepdogpsu elects not to heal any players.
.Ky261682 elects to protect Team Triceratops tonight.
.Jjohnston passes on attacking.

.Night 9.
.Remaining wolf dyachei elects to kill devyn.
.Sheepdogpsu elect not to heal a player.
.Hidden players try to steal an item from sheepdogpsu, are unsuccessful.

.Night 10.
.Sheepdogpsu elects to heal.
.Remaining wolf dyachei kills nordicat.
.Trematode uses WILB on orca2011.
.Orca2011 healed by sheepdogpsu.

.Night 11.
.Sheepdogpsu elects to heal an injured player.
.Remaining wolf dyachei kills TigerWillow and uses berries on ky##.
.Ky## is healed by sheepdogpsu.
.Hidden players elect to mob TigerWillow, but alas she is dead.
.Jjohnston finds NVG, investigates dyachei for role, learns is CARNOTAURUS (wolf!)

. Night 12
Remaining wolf dyachei kills sheepdogpsu
Jjohnston attacks dyachei
Other actions were not important as game ended
 
Muahahaha! TAKE THAT ROGUE DINOS!!

I didn't tell anyone that part of my role was the ability to choose to attack someone every night. So once I learned that dyachei was a rogue dino and he vetoed the lynch, I knew that I could attack him during the night cycle 😀
 
Muahahaha! TAKE THAT ROGUE DINOS!!

I didn't tell anyone that part of my role was the ability to choose to attack someone every night. So once I learned that dyachei was a rogue dino and he vetoed the lynch, I knew that I could attack him during the night cycle 😀


I'm a she. And I should have attacked you first.
 
Woohoo! GO STUDENTS! Good game, mods 👍 Can't wait for the next one--I'm an official addict :laugh:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Soop takes me out again! I was sure it was Katie8 that wanted me gone, but guess not. I would have done the same to you if I had been a dino. soop :meanie:

Stunk majorly being taken out night 2, but good game Cuitlamitzli, very well thought out and modded.
 
Yes, suck it rogue dinos. My first win.

Good work, sir!!! 🙂

Very good game, Cuit & DVMD!
We almost lost this one, villagers!! Gotta step up our game! :\

And my list was...a little right? :laugh: Sorry.

Go Team Triceratops!!!!!
 
Also, what was the epic fail involving Krist's death? I see it involved RNG and 3, but still don't see the "fail" there.
 
Yay! Students and Mutant Pachycephalosaurus rock! It was a nail biter, though.

Great game, mods. I loved the details in the story lines.
 
Good work, sir!!! 🙂

Very good game, Cuit & DVMD!
We almost lost this one, villagers!! Gotta step up our game! :\

And my list was...a little right? :laugh: Sorry.

Go Team Triceratops!!!!!

Team Triceratops was pretty great (except that pesky rogue dinosaur...)

And Nordi, remember that PM from out in left field where I thought orcagirl could possibly have a secret role and be a predator? I was almost right! Good to know I haven't completely lost my mind :laugh:
 
Team Triceratops was pretty great (except that pesky rogue dinosaur...)

And Nordi, remember that PM from out in left field where I thought orcagirl could possibly have a secret role and be a predator? I was almost right! Good to know I haven't completely lost my mind :laugh:

YES!!!!! That was like, psychic precognition shiznit right there! :laugh:
 
I'm a she. And I should have attacked you first.

Well you were kind of in a tough situation there, because if she was neutral and you attacked her first, then you were going to definitely lose because there would still be 3 remaining students and they'd lynch you the next day for certain.

Honestly I think attacking a student was the "right" thing to do for a dino in that case. At least, there were only 2 remaining students at the end instead of 3....
 
Wow..... I was SO close to becoming converted. Wowwowwowwow.

My biggest epic fail was not using the dart gun on dyachei. I was about to do it but alas my inability to figure out cst -> pst made me miss my deadline.

You were very tricky, dyachei. I had a tingling feelin that 1/2 the crud you told me was fake! But I also had a feeling the dart gun killed.
 
Well you were kind of in a tough situation there, because if she was neutral and you attacked her first, then you were going to definitely lose because there would still be 3 remaining students and they'd lynch you the next day for certain.

Honestly I think attacking a student was the "right" thing to do for a dino in that case. At least, there were only 2 remaining students at the end instead of 3....

yeah - I really didn't want to be a wolf, btw. I didn't have a choice but any choice for them would prob have been better - i was under suspicion for conversion before any conversions took place.
 
Also, what was the epic fail involving Krist's death? I see it involved RNG and 3, but still don't see the "fail" there.

The fail was that my list said Krist as unprotected for the night when she actually had the jeep. So the attack should have failed. I felt horrible 🙁

Glad you enjoyed the game, guys!
 
Wow..... I was SO close to becoming converted. Wowwowwowwow.

My biggest epic fail was not using the dart gun on dyachei. I was about to do it but alas my inability to figure out cst -> pst made me miss my deadline.

You were very tricky, dyachei. I had a tingling feelin that 1/2 the crud you told me was fake! But I also had a feeling the dart gun killed.

None of what I told you was fake! I was suspicious of Ky from the get go. And Trematode did get very defensive/shouting out random people's names, etc. The only lie I told you was that I had no items on 1 night when I had the jeep.
 
Soop takes me out again! I was sure it was Katie8 that wanted me gone, but guess not. I would have done the same to you if I had been a dino. soop :meanie:

Stunk majorly being taken out night 2, but good game Cuitlamitzli, very well thought out and modded.

I didn't pick any of our group deaths for the record 😉

Good game mods!

Those damn goggles where the death of us!!! Everlasting batteries anyone?!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The fail was that my list said Krist as unprotected for the night when she actually had the jeep. So the attack should have failed. I felt horrible 🙁

Glad you enjoyed the game, guys!

I'm confused, did dyachei kill me or SOV? I was beaten by someone's wings!

And 2 usually isn't my luck number! Damn!
 
None of what I told you was fake! I was suspicious of Ky from the get go. And Trematode did get very defensive/shouting out random people's names, etc. The only lie I told you was that I had no items on 1 night when I had the jeep.

Too bad you didn't fall for my sacrifice bag crap. I was sure that if you were a wolf you'd kill me then when I said I didnt have the bag. Then you left me alive so I was confused. I really thought you were a wolf up to that point.
 
Great game 🙂. I got to actually play and wasn't a wolf, so it was a fun experience. I liked my team and I had a strong feeling they would convert dearest dyachei. I'm totally addicted to WW games (even though the bf calls it my "dungeons and dragons").