Lincoln Memorial - DeBusk (LMU-DCOM) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No they did not say this is a factor but on the interview they did ask me that if something happens to me with no family support how would I deal with it? Anyways what did u response to the question why do u want to study in Lincoln?

I'm going to say that was not your issue then. Like I've said, a ton of people I know have zero ties to the area. Not trying to be harsh, but I just feel like you should know the truth.

Anyways, to answer your questions, I think I made something up on the spot like, "It's a beautiful area, I love the mountains, it's within 3 hours of my wife's family, it has great technology." It wasn't thought out, I just kind of looked out the window and picked things. :D

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Where did you guys get your anatomy lab supplies at?

I just bought mine on amazon. The dissection kit was 35 and seems to be excellent quality. The grants dissector was only 30 and barely used. I also bought gloves for 5 bucks, nitrile.

would any of the third or fourth year students be able to tell me how much driving do we need to do in our 3rd year. Like how many miles. more than 16000 in the year?

Depends. When you move to your rotation site, in theory, you can find a house next to the hospital and drive almost never. Most likely you will have to drive a little bit to get all of your rotations completed in other hospitals. It really depends.

Does the school cover housing costs for core rotations?

Well you get a bit more money in loans based on the 12 month school year of 3rd and 4th year, but nothing specifically extra for housing.

Really though housing is no different for core than for school. You will live in a house during school, then you will move to a different house during core rotations.

I'm going to say that was not your issue then. Like I've said, a ton of people I know have zero ties to the area. Not trying to be harsh, but I just feel like you should know the truth.

Anyways, to answer your questions, I think I made something up on the spot like, "It's a beautiful area, I love the mountains, it's within 3 hours of my wife's family, it has great technology." It wasn't thought out, I just kind of looked out the window and picked things. :D

thanks dr maximus for the feedback, i also mentioned the lovely area right at the beginning of the interview, specially because my interview was at the end of april and it was still snowing like hell in toronto, and i mentioned that the weather in harrogate is much better than toronto and what a lovely view of mountains, which are non-existance in toronto. but when they asked me why DCOM i said because the staff and faculty care about the student success, even tutors are provided for those who need them, there are amazing professors like Dr. Leo who won a teaching award, and over 80% of lincoln graduates got their first choice of residency. mentioning the tutoring was possibly the red flag, but i did not mean to say i need it, i was just thanking the school for their resources and caring for the students! i guess it is always hard to guess how they interpret the students' answers.

Last edited:
thanks dr maximus for the feedback, i also mentioned the lovely area right at the beginning of the interview, specially because my interview was at the end of april and it was still snowing like hell in toronto, and i mentioned that the weather in harrogate is much better than toronto and what a lovely view of mountains, which are non-existance in toronto. but when they asked me why DCOM i said because the staff and faculty care about the student success, even tutors are provided for those who need them, there are amazing professors like Dr. Leo who won a teaching award, and over 80% of lincoln graduates got their first choice of residency. mentioning the tutoring was possibly the red flag, but i did not mean to say i need it, i was just thanking the school for their resources and caring for the students! i guess it is always hard to guess how they interpret the students' answers.

All you can do is try again. Don't overanalyze the "why not" of the situation - no single thing you say or do during the process will keep you out of med school. It's a full package deal and they look at you as an entire applicant. Some schools just aren't the right fit for certain people and you can't take the rejection(s) at those schools personally. They know what they're looking for and if something specific kept you from getting accepted Janette will usually tell you that. I.E. if your MCAT score was just too low they would probably tell you that's what kept them from giving you acceptance.

Keep all of your options open, reapply broadly this next cycle, and I'm sure you'll be successful. You obviously want it badly!

All you can do is try again. Don't overanalyze the "why not" of the situation - no single thing you say or do during the process will keep you out of med school. It's a full package deal and they look at you as an entire applicant. Some schools just aren't the right fit for certain people and you can't take the rejection(s) at those schools personally. They know what they're looking for and if something specific kept you from getting accepted Janette will usually tell you that. I.E. if your MCAT score was just too low they would probably tell you that's what kept them from giving you acceptance.

Keep all of your options open, reapply broadly this next cycle, and I'm sure you'll be successful. You obviously want it badly!

thanks for the feedback Cop TpEM.

Last edited:
Afternoon

I have an interview January 10th. I have been putting together reasons why I am interested in Medicine and making sure I am not missing any stories from my background. What else should I do to prepare for the interview?