2022-2023 Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I GOT THE CALL!! 3 gap years and finally made it! SMP, 3.4 gpa, and 499. Interview 2/17. Good luck to everyone on WL waiting!! I’m rooting for you all
Congrats- that's awesome- are you in state or OOS?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got the call. Im going to become a doctor. currently speechless and shaking right now

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got the call around 3:30!! Interviewed 04/21/23. Waitlist 05/04/23. OOS!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Question for those accepted: were you both called and emailed with an acceptance? I wonder if you missed the call, would they only reserve your spot for a short period before moving onto someone else from the list?
No, it is both a call and an email. I missed the call and then got an email an hour later with instructions for the deposit.

Have you all who were accepted today and yesterday already taken a campus tour at both the campuses or signed up for it for future date?

Can somebody in either of the fb pages confirm that some of the people there are faculty/other OMS II-IV students and not just those newly accepted?

Have you all who were accepted today and yesterday already taken a campus tour at both the campuses or signed up for it for future date?

OOS, I’m from FL. I haven’t taken a campus tour at all yet, but I have made a few calls to the campus asking some questions.

OOS, I’m from FL. I haven’t taken a campus tour at all yet, but I have made a few calls to the campus asking some questions.
Do you happen to know how many students are already accepted? I am asking in case you are part of the accepted Facebook group? They seem to go for the most part chronologically and I did not interview until March!

Do you happen to know how many students are already accepted? I am asking in case you are part of the accepted Facebook group? They seem to go for the most part chronologically and I did not interview until March!

Sorry I have no idea, I haven’t joined the FB group yet. I joined the main GroupMe, the total so far for both is 214, (this number could false since there can still be people in the chat who aren’t going to LMU anymore) and harrogate GroupMe has 54 so far.

it looks like people are actively coming and going in the chats everyday tho!

Sorry I have no idea, I haven’t joined the FB group yet. I joined the main GroupMe, the total so far for both is 214, (this number could false since there can still be people in the chat who aren’t going to LMU anymore) and harrogate GroupMe has 54 so far.

Thank you for the info!!! Best of luck in your career future Doc 🥼🩺

Reactions: 1 user

Hey, I was recently accepted I was curious if they emailed you the groupme link after you made your deposit or if you found it on this forum.

Hey, I was recently accepted I was curious if they emailed you the groupme link after you made your deposit or if you found it on this forum.
It is posted somewhere in the chat - I found it by just going backwards. Hope this works
You're invited to my new group 'LMU-DCOM Knoxville' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

It seems like nothing will happen today after all! I am scared of the possibility of seats been almost filled out! This year there has not been as much movement so far!!!
It’s been only 4 days since the traffic guidelines. Schools can take days or even a few weeks to process people who have withdrawn their acceptances or removed their WL spot. Being patient and waiting is the only thing that the people on the WL can do now, other than them sending LOI’s.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Can somebody in either of the fb pages confirm that some of the people there are faculty/other OMS II-IV students and not just those newly accepted?

Can confirm that there are upper level students and faculty in the groups; however, it does seem that there was an influx of new acceptances.

Reactions: 2 users
Any current LMU students at Knoxville that can talk about renting apartments in the area. I'm currently deciding between a few different house/apartment options where the cheaper ones are with non-medical students while the more expensive options would be with other OMS1's. Would appreciate if anyone could share their experiences!

Looks like no movement today :mad:
I don’t know why this year feels so different from the previous ones in terms of waitlist movement. I want to think positive but it is becoming very unpredictable at this point.

Reactions: 4 users
I don’t know why this year feels so different from the previous ones in terms of waitlist movement. I want to think positive but it is becoming very unpredictable at this point.
Does it appear there has been less waitlist movement so far at other schools as well or is this unique for LMU?

Does it appear there has been less waitlist movement so far at other schools as well or is this unique for LMU?
I cannot speak for other schools. I ended up obtaining this interview only. However, based on previous forums the movement was more consistent before.

This was the only school I was able to get an interview at. I am just speaking based in previous forums. However, it did seem the movement was more consistent on previous years. Almost everyday someone posted about an acceptance call.

Last edited:

I think part of it is the fact that they don’t have to decide until 2 weeks after may 15. If they already waited until may 15th, why wouldn’t they wait until may 29th, right? At least that’s what I’m telling myself to stay positive lol.

I think part of it is the fact that they don’t have to decide until 2 weeks after may 15. If they already waited until may 15th, why wouldn’t they wait until may 29th, right? At least that’s what I’m telling myself to stay positive lol.
Are you referring to the aacomas traffic guidelines where schools basically give people 15 days after may 15th so drop multiple offers?

Are you referring to the aacomas traffic guidelines where schools basically give people 15 days after may 15th so drop multiple offers?
Yes, but each school has their own policy, whether that be 2 weeks or even shorter.