2022-2023 Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anyone else struggling between the timeline of graduate school and waiting for the potential of getting off the waitlist at LMU? I want nothing more than to go to LMU-DCOM, but I'm so worried that if I wait too long for LMU, I'll be out of housing options in graduate school. This process is not great for those of us who like to plan in advance loll. Anywhoo, fingers crossed that we'll hear movement news soon

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Is anyone else struggling between the timeline of graduate school and waiting for the potential of getting off the waitlist at LMU? I want nothing more than to go to LMU-DCOM, but I'm so worried that if I wait too long for LMU, I'll be out of housing options in graduate school. This process is not great for those of us who like to plan in advance loll. Anywhoo, fingers crossed that we'll hear movement news soon
we in the same boat🤝. I’m retaking my MCAT (honestly didn’t study for it as much as I should have in hopes of making it off sooner. Lol don’t be like me anybody reading this) and possibly applying for a masters program. Here’s to hoping we both make it off soon!!🫶🏻

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I just wish LMU was more transparent with the waitlist (ie letting us know 70 out of however many last year made it off or making the waitlist ranked etc). I just don’t understand how the waitlist is unranked. Seems like a lucky chance to make it off in a way

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The whole process to getting accepted kinda blows fr. Just super competitive which I guess prepares in a way for what residency will be like though.

Reactions: 3 users
Can I update my application with another recommendation letter? If so how would I do that

Reactions: 1 user
Can I update my application with another recommendation letter? If so how would I do that
I am pretty sure you can. I think at this point it would need to be sent directly to the admissions office via email. However, if I were you I would double check that directly with them.

I was wondering how receptive they’d be with adding another letter in support to help get us off the WL lol. Like I couldn’t tell if it would do a lot or be good this late in the game

I just wish LMU was more transparent with the waitlist (ie letting us know 70 out of however many last year made it off or making the waitlist ranked etc). I just don’t understand how the waitlist is unranked. Seems like a lucky chance to make it off in a way
i wonder if its 70 off the waitlist or 70 who were accepted and attended

Reactions: 1 users
i wonder if its 70 off the waitlist or 70 who were accepted and attended
It seems to be around that much that was called off the WL, including those that withdrew their acceptance after getting off the WL.

Members don't see this ad :)
I AM GOING TO BECOME A DOCTOR!!!! I got the call at 11:37 am!!!! I would advise to reach out to the admissions office because I called them this morning and I think it helped…Good luck to everyone waiting!!!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 12 users
I AM GOING TO BECOME A DOCTOR!!!! I got the call at 11:37 am!!!! I would advise to reach out to the admissions office because I called them this morning and I think it helped…Good luck to everyone waiting!!!!
Stop!! Congrats!! Lol I called them this morning too but it was more of a general question. What did you say in your call?

Last edited:
not attending here as I never got an II but have been rooting for you! congrats!!

Congratulations!!! This is great news! What phone number did you call and when was your interview??

Stop!! Congrats!! Lol I called them this morning too but it was more of a general question. What did you say in your call?
I had sent an email yesterday to confirm the received my LOI las month and asked for any updates. They never replied so I called this morning and they told me it was just a waiting game unfortunately. A few hours later they called and offered me a spot!!! It feels surreal still.

• Love
I had sent an email yesterday to confirm the received my LOI las month and asked for any updates. They never replied so I called this morning and they told me it was just a waiting game unfortunately. A few hours later they called and offered me a spot!!! It feels surreal still.
Im so happy for you!! I hope to see you there this fall :')

Congratulations!!! This is great news! What phone number did you call and when was your interview??
I interviewed March 10th! I called at the admission office (423) 869-7090. I had 498 MCAT retake and 3.85 gpa. I have been 3 years out of school because I became a mom 1 week after graduation and it is been so difficult to get back in track!

Congratulations !!!

Congrats! I got the call today too at 11:07. I interviewed on 4/28. I sent a continued interest letter after I was waitlisted and toured last week. Good luck to everyone else!

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats! I got the call today too at 11:07. I interviewed on 4/28. I sent a continued interest letter after I was waitlisted and toured last week. Good luck to everyone else!
Congratulations 🍾!!!! I will see you in a couple of months then lolll

Congratulations! I'll be touring tomorrow and sent my LOI this week! Hoping every little bit helps

are the calls usually 11-11:30 and 3:30 ish Central time?

Everyone enjoy your Memorial Day weekend, try not to over think the admissions calls. It’ll come to us soon🤞🏻

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Wishing all the best for the ones hoping to get an A. Hope your chance comes this week.

Manifesting an A this week for me and all my pals on the WL 🤞🏼🥲🤞🏼

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Y'all I just wanna say I really appreciate this community with how supportive we are of one another. Now, let's get some movement going!!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
withdrew my seat. I hope it goes to one of you future physicians!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users