2021-2022 Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
You guys...... I just got the call. I'm shaking and crying. All of the emotions are flowing right now! This was my only WL. Don't give up hope!!!!
Congrats! I’ll probably not be joining you, but you deserve it!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
We’ll get there man. Orientation isn’t until July 25th.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats! I’ll probably not be joining you, but you deserve it!
Thank you so much!!! 🧡 Try to stay positive. You never know! I really thought it wasn't going to happen. So much can happen between now and the first day of orientation.

Thank you so much!!! Try to stay positive. You never know! I really thought it wasn't going to happen. So much can happen between now and the first day of orientation.

Some may call me crazy, but until I get something definite telling me I’m rejected for this cycle I’m still holding out hope because you never know. We’re still seeing quite a bit of WL movement, which is more than we can say for a lot of schools right now.

Omg congratulations 🎊
You guys...... I just got the call. I'm shaking and crying. All of the emotions are flowing right now! This was my only WL. Don't give up hope!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My biggest fear at this point is that they start interviewing more people in June and July. They did that the past two application cycles and basically neglected everyone else on the waitlist.
That would be absolutely rediculous.

Just got a call! I declined the offer because I was accepted to my top choice yesterday. Hope it goes to one of you!!

Reactions: 4 users
Just got a call! I declined the offer because I was accepted to my top choice yesterday. Hope it goes to one of you!!
Congrats! I hope wherever you choose goes well.

May I ask when you interviewed?

Just curious, where's your top choice
I interviewed at LMU and UIWSOM in San Antonio. Based off the interview, curriculum, location, and overall set up of the school it was my preferred choice between the two.

Yes and for all we know some April people have been accepted and just aren’t on SDN.

Keep hoping friends!
giphy.gif
I personally know a few people who interviewed in april and got off the waitlist! They aren’t going in any particular order

My heart almost stopped, I got a call from Harrogate but it was a wrong number.

• Care
I’ll repeat my advice again for all of us still waiting to hear something.

Try to do something you enjoy this weekend. Monday will come fast and furious so we can go back to worrying and stressing then! I believe in all of us!
giphy.gif

Reactions: 4 users
I don’t know how you have so much positivity. There isn’t an ounce of pessimism in you!

Thank you to all my fellow waitlisted applicants sharing their experiences here. It’s making the process easier knowing we are all going through the same thing.

Oh I definitely get discouraged A LOT but I try not to dwell on it! Especially since I’m a reapplicant going on multiple tries at this trying to achieve this goal of mine. Sometimes it just seems like never ending disappointments left and right, but I’m determined not to give up just yet. I know the time is coming! At this point I’ve done all I can do and it’s out of my hands. I have no doubts if we aren’t pulled off the WL for this cycle we will try again and eventually succeed. We obviously were qualified enough for an interview and to be added to the WL, but maybe the timing isn’t right. I’m a firm believer in it will happen when it’s meant to happen and not a moment sooner. Be proud of yourself for even getting that far, some people would love to be in our shoes waiting.

I also know how easy it is to get down on yourself and dwell on the what if’s, like well if I said this during the interview maybe I would be in already, etc.
All of you are also helping so much too! It helps knowing you’re not alone in this process. Unless you’ve been through it, no one really knows just how hard it can be.
giphy.gif

To all of those who are waiting- I can’t tell you how important it is to keep emailing, calling & asking etc. they NEED to know you’re still interested & 100% sold out to LMU-DCOM at this point in the game.

At the same time, you don’t want to come off as annoying and impatient. Admissions staff are not part of the admissions committee.
True. I think in moderation making yourself known as a serious waitlisted applicant by writing a letter of intent, or having someone write a letter of recommendation could help. I know it wouldn’t be good to pester the admissions staff, I just meant that showing continued interest could only help. Best of luck to you all! ♥️Hang in there.

Any current students here have advice on ordering the medical equipment? Is it worth it to just shell out for one of their packages or try to find it cheaper elsewhere?

Is there a group chat for accepted students? If so can someone PM the link please.