Lincoln Memorial DeBusk (LMU-DCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi! What's the COMLEX Level 1 First-time Pass rate? I could only find the level 3 pass rate online.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! What's the COMLEX Level 1 First-time Pass rate? I could only find the level 3 pass rate online.

My understanding is that the national average and the schools average are fairly close, around 90-92%.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone interviewing here January 15??
I'll be there

what is the school class calendar look like? Class from August 1st through December 1st, then a month off, then January 1st through June 1st? Something like that? If there's a student that can let me know i'd appreciate it!

EDIT: nevermind! i found the link on DCOM's website:
http://www.lmunet.edu/academics/sch...cademics/oms-i-books-and-curriculum-schedules

with that in mind, is it possible to plan family vacations ahead of time? Say for December or in the spring (May?) Or with the amount of studying and limited time off, is it not wise to try and plan that far ahead?

Last edited:
I'll be there

what is the school class calendar look like? Class from August 1st through December 1st, then a month off, then January 1st through June 1st? Something like that? If there's a student that can let me know i'd appreciate it!

EDIT: nevermind! i found the link on DCOM's website:
http://www.lmunet.edu/academics/sch...cademics/oms-i-books-and-curriculum-schedules

with that in mind, is it possible to plan family vacations ahead of time? Say for December or in the spring (May?) Or with the amount of studying and limited time off, is it not wise to try and plan that far ahead?

It's very possible to plan for December/spring/summer breaks. Plenty of people I know were gone the day of our last final and aren't coming back till tomorrow, the day before class starts.

As long as you are passing your classes it's just a day to day job. Your time off is yours and you can choose to do with it as you please.

Reactions: 1 users
It's very possible to plan for December/spring/summer breaks. Plenty of people I know were gone the day of our last final and aren't coming back till tomorrow, the day before class starts.

As long as you are passing your classes it's just a day to day job. Your time off is yours and you can choose to do with it as you please.

My family's trying to plan an international vacation this upcoming winter or the following spring, i'm not sure if it's smart to make a commitment this early though. Hmmm

My family's trying to plan an international vacation this upcoming winter or the following spring, i'm not sure if it's smart to make a commitment this early though. Hmmm

You can make plans as long as you know your schedule. The Schedule does change from year to year, so you can't use last years schedule to make your plans as your last test may be on the day when you were planning to leave. Also, you can plan vacations for year one without having to do anything during your break, but things may get a little more busy during year two during breaks, depending on your personality and whether you choose to study for boards during those breaks or not, especially as boards get closer.

Anyone know last interview date for this school? Been complete since October and nothing. Is this a rejection?

Anyone know last interview date for this school? Been complete since October and nothing. Is this a rejection?

They usually interview through April. Give them a call or email about the status of your application. Lots of people still get in at this point, don't get discouraged.

Does LMU-DCOM have 100% placement rate like most schools?

I just called a little while ago to check on my admissions status and spoke to a very nice woman who asked me if I was ready to schedule an interview lol. Everyone's been out of the office for 2 weeks so they might be a bit behind. Also, the class isn't even half full so I advise anyone who is serious about this school to inquire about their status if they've been complete for some time (at least 3 weeks).

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my acceptance here. Really loved the school and the people but had a hard decision to make and chose to put my deposit elsewhere. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting to hear!

Does LMU-DCOM have 100% placement rate like most schools?

All DO schools have placement rates of 98%-100%, this includes LMU. COCA also require that 95% of each school's students are placed into residencies. You don't need to worry about this.

I just called a little while ago to check on my admissions status and spoke to a very nice woman who asked me if I was ready to schedule an interview lol. Everyone's been out of the office for 2 weeks so they might be a bit behind. Also, the class isn't even half full so I advise anyone who is serious about this school to inquire about their status if they've been complete for some time (at least 3 weeks).
Congrats, stats?

anybody get the 'you have not been chosen for an interview but your app is still gonna be compared" email and offered an interview? i would like to go here. just a little bummed that I was ruled out so quickly

Reactions: 3 users
Do any of y'all know the average comlex score (Level 1,2, or 3)?

Officially withdrew my acceptance. Good luck to those still waiting to hear!

I'll be submitting an update to LMU-DCOM later tonight when I get home from work. Hopefully it'll get the pre-II hold off of my file and get me closer to an II!

Anyone here submitted an update after they received the hold email and offered an II? Accepted? current students feel free to chime in :)

How quick are they with responding to updates?

anybody get the 'you have not been chosen for an interview but your app is still gonna be compared" email and offered an interview? i would like to go here. just a little bummed that I was ruled out so quickly

When were you complete?

Has anyone recently received a complete email? Trying to get an idea of the submission to completion time.

outside of having a photo ID (driver's license) do I need to bring anything else like birth certificate or social security card to the interview? the II email states only photo ID, so I just want to make sure

outside of having a photo ID (driver's license) do I need to bring anything else like birth certificate or social security card to the interview? the II email states only photo ID, so I just want to make sure
Nope- I dont think they even asked for my ID but I may be forgetting that.

Where can we get that stat?

You cant get that stat. However, scrambling is also student dependent. The way I look at it, work hard, do well, impress people during rotations, and hopefully you wont be a scrambler. Chances are, you wont be.

Anyone interviewing here January 15??
I have my interview here January 15th! I'll be driving to LMU DCOM on January 14th around noon from downtown Knoxville. Inbox me if anyone wants to share a ride. It'd be nice to get some company! :)

Last edited:
If anyone wants to squeeze in for an interview, I canceled mine for 1/15 yesterday. Call them, they'll probably let you get in for it.

Best of luck to everybody!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I own a home in Middlesboro, KY, just 10 minutes from campus that I just put on the market today. It is in a great neighborhood that several DCOM students presently live in. I will be moving to Lexington, KY to begin dental school at UK. It would be great for anyone with a family or 3 roommates that would like to live off-campus. I have attached the listing below. I don't mean to clutter your thread but as a poster over on the dental thread, I know there are people starting to look for housing so I thought I would throw this out there.
https://www.coldwellbanker.com/property/406-Dorchester-Ave-Middlesboro-Kentucky-40965-MLS-950400

Hey guys,
Pretty new to SDN but just read this entire thread ahead of my interview this upcoming Friday and can say I'm even more excited than before! Thanks for all the great info :)

I had a sort of unique question that I would like your opinion on. I have really good stats and even better ECs but a huge negative on my application is a really bad IA I was suspended a semester for a few years ago during my undergrad. I do have very honest intentions for wanting to study at DCOM as I made pretty clear on my primary and secondary and will make clear at my interview.

What I was struggling with is if I should submit a strong letter a day or 2 after my interview thanking my interviewers (I've read about interviewees doing it other schools) and showing how DCOM is definitely in my top 2 schools of choice. I also want to make clear if not able to during the interview how much I've learned and matured from this mistake and how I will maximize my resources at DCOM (if accepted) such as their academic advising to ensure that in the stresses of med school I won't be tempted to do it again. The reason for this letter is to show that despite having good stats and (hopefully) a good interview I don't want them to be hesitant because of that IA. Thoughts?

I'm kinda on the fence about it cause I don't want to come across as desperate, but I do want to make my honest intentions very clear about how much I would be humbled to receive acceptance at DCOM and how I'm not the same person I was when i did something dumb in undergrad.

So your interview is closed file. They won't know anything about you. I wouldn't talk about it unless somehow you are asked a specific question about your situation. Chances are, if they gave you an interview, they aren't too worried about it, if you push that button you may just start digging yourself into a hole.

Second point, if you want to send a simple, "thank you for taking the time to interview me" email to your interviewers by all means do so. I sent one. But don't make it any more than a simple thank you. DCOM is really good about letting you know if you are accepted within a couple weeks, most cases within a week.

Bringing up your file in a closed file interview, could help or it could ruin you.
It's a lot like running back to see why the fireworks didn't go off. Maybe the fuse went out and you can make it all better just like that, maybe it's just a slow fuse and is gonna blow up in your face.
You need to decide if it's worth the risk.

Hey guys,
Pretty new to SDN but just read this entire thread ahead of my interview this upcoming Friday and can say I'm even more excited than before! Thanks for all the great info :)

I had a sort of unique question that I would like your opinion on. I have really good stats and even better ECs but a huge negative on my application is a really bad IA I was suspended a semester for a few years ago during my undergrad. I do have very honest intentions for wanting to study at DCOM as I made pretty clear on my primary and secondary and will make clear at my interview.

What I was struggling with is if I should submit a strong letter a day or 2 after my interview thanking my interviewers (I've read about interviewees doing it other schools) and showing how DCOM is definitely in my top 2 schools of choice. I also want to make clear if not able to during the interview how much I've learned and matured from this mistake and how I will maximize my resources at DCOM (if accepted) such as their academic advising to ensure that in the stresses of med school I won't be tempted to do it again. The reason for this letter is to show that despite having good stats and (hopefully) a good interview I don't want them to be hesitant because of that IA. Thoughts?

I'm kinda on the fence about it cause I don't want to come across as desperate, but I do want to make my honest intentions very clear about how much I would be humbled to receive acceptance at DCOM and how I'm not the same person I was when i did something dumb in undergrad.
I'll throw my 2 cents in on this one. I actually failed out of undergrad my freshman year. I took several years off before going back to finish my degree. I assume this would be easy to spot on my transcript, and that I wouldn't have gotten an interview if it was too big of an issue. That being said, yes your interview will be closed file. You will have 2 faculty members interview you who will only know your name and where you are from.
But...when the committee meets to discuss all interviewees, it is not closed file.
My personal thought is that if the faculty who interviewed you, liked you, they will be your advocates in the decision process. I wouldn't want them to be surprised by that kind of blemish on my record, especially during the admissions committee meeting.
When I interviewed, I was very candid about my past mistakes, what they had taught me and how I would not repeat them. I figured if they knew about it, and it came up at committee, they could speak for me and say that it had been addressed.
There's no one size fits all strategy to it, so go with your gut. For me, I think it was a smart decision.
Good luck on your interview.

Hello everyone! I was probably the first one accepted to the c/o 2020 (accepted for the c/o 2019 but deferred to the c/o 2020). I am looking forward to meeting you all! I will be attending the anatomy boot camp that begins July 5th, 2016. Anyone else?

Reactions: 5 users
Hello everyone! I was probably the first one accepted to the c/o 2020 (accepted for the c/o 2019 but deferred to the c/o 2020). I am looking forward to meeting you all! I will be attending the anatomy boot camp that begins July 5th, 2016. Anyone else?
Hey! I will also be attending the anatomy boot camp. I think I am the only Canadian accepted this year? At least on SDN.... Will be looking to make some new friends and possibly roomies for a house rental. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Last edited:
I was waitlisted here in Oct, fingers crossed I will get off the waitlist. This is my top choice school. I saw that they are starting a doctor of medical science program, it says it is the only one of its kind. There using it to help the doctor shortage. Thought I would share.
http://www.lmunet.edu/news/view?id=77

I was waitlisted here in Oct, fingers crossed I will get off the waitlist. This is my top choice school. I saw that they are starting a doctor of medical science program, it says it is the only one of its kind. There using it to help the doctor shortage. Thought I would share.
http://www.lmunet.edu/news/view?id=77

This program is for PA's that already have their MS degrees.

Yes I saw that, I just thought it was awesome to see the inovation of the school.

It's a horrible ideal that does not benefit society in ANY way. It's appears to be another way for DCOM to grab $

Last edited:
I haven't looked much into it, but I'm confused on what the new degree actually does, besides yet another degree to confuse physicians with other doctorates. DNP, OD, DPT, PsyD, ND, DC, and now DMS will eagerly jump on patients' ignorance and assumptions when they introduce themselves as "Dr."

I haven't looked much into it, but I'm confused on what the new degree actually does, besides yet another degree to confuse physicians with other doctorates. DNP, OD, DPT, PsyD, ND, DC, and now DMS will eagerly jump on patients' ignorance and assumptions when they introduce themselves as "Dr."
The degree is the first of its kind but not a surprise. The evolution of heathcare has forced NPs to get a DNP and many advocates of the PA profession are wanting to introduce a doctorate degree to keep a competitive edge and gain more respect and attention. Much like DNPs, I don't believe that PAs with a DMS degree will be afforded the privilege of introducing themselves as "Dr." in a clinical setting.