LIU c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard anything since the March 19th date? They were supposed to send out acceptances then but the forum has been quiet.
Nope. I have a feeling we won’t be hearing anything till after the April 15th accept/decline offer deadline.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Nope. I have a feeling we won’t be hearing anything till after the April 15th accept/decline offer deadline.
That's what I'm expecting at this point and it's putting me in a rough spot for other decisions. If I don't get in, I want to take some extra science courses over the summer, but I can't register until I know for sure, and I'm also in an MBA program so I have to determine when I'm taking my last classes (over the summer or next fall/spring) which depends on if I take science courses over the summer.

That's what I'm expecting at this point and it's putting me in a rough spot for other decisions. If I don't get in, I want to take some extra science courses over the summer, but I can't register until I know for sure, and I'm also in an MBA program so I have to determine when I'm taking my last classes (over the summer or next fall/spring) which depends on if I take science courses over the summer.
My situation is very similar. I also want to take extra science courses in the summer. I am waiting so I don't waste any more money.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I am wondering how many more people are going to decline because of this... I am hoping for a lot lol

My situation is very similar. I also want to take extra science courses in the summer. I am waiting so I don't waste any more money.
I found some decently affordable classes, but I also want to complete my MBA (and switch back to the marketing MBA instead of the general MBA since I'll be able to complete the extra classes).

I am wondering how many more people are going to decline because of this... I am hoping for a lot lol
Agreed lol this is my top school bc of location (I wouldn’t have to move 🙌🏻) and it would be really amazing if this worked out

Hey all, I'm attending the LIU forum today and I asked about the waitlist. They offered 140 out of 400 interviewed seats. Out of those 140 they have only had 28 acceptances so far. They are reviewing the remaining 260 interviewed after the April 15th deadline and then they will send out more offers. After they do that they will send out an official waitlist. Hope this helps!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey all, I'm attending the LIU forum today and I asked about the waitlist. They offered 140 out of 400 interviewed seats. Out of those 140 they have only had 28 acceptances so far. They are reviewing the remaining 260 interviewed after the April 15th deadline and then they will send out more offers. After they do that they will send out an official waitlist. Hope this helps!!!
So I understand that they said before that we were ranked, but they’re reviewing people on the list again? Does that mean our ranking could change or will it just be to decide where to cut off the waitlist?

This also may sound dumb, but how many seats are actually available per class? 140 seems high but I could be wrong

This also may sound dumb, but how many seats are actually available per class? 140 seems high but I could be wrong
They offered 140 because they knew not everyone would accept. They're aiming for 100 students. I asked Dr. Inzana if there was a ranking and she said there's no rank. They review all the interviewed candidates again after April 15th.

They offered 140 because they knew not everyone would accept. They're aiming for 100 students. I asked Dr. Inzana if there was a ranking and she said there's no rank. They review all the interviewed candidates again after April 15th.
That makes sense. I thought I read before it was 100, I know others sometimes do around 120 so I was curious if they changed it. So as for ranking, if they told us one after our interview, it could change and that ranking was mainly for offers sent before April 15?

That makes sense. I thought I read before it was 100, I know others sometimes do around 120 so I was curious if they changed it. So as for ranking, if they told us one after our interview, it could change and that ranking was mainly for offers sent before April 15?
Yeah, so it sounds like they ranked the interviewed candidates and sent out the top 140 but the ranking does not remain the same after that. After April 15th we are all re-evaluated. That's at least what she makes it sound like! Did they send you a ranking?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, so it sounds like they ranked the interviewed candidates and sent out the top 140 but the ranking does not remain the same after that. After April 15th we are all re-evaluated. That's at least what she makes it sound like! Did they send you a ranking?
They did originally. I think I was one of the last to get told

Haven’t heard any news since I applied. it’s April 6th and I’m feeling so down in the dumps about LIU. I reached out them recently and all I got was more uncertainty. They said 400 were granted interviews, they sent out 140 letters of offer and only 21 accepted so far. Those who weren’t granted interview should recieved letters in the mail of denial. As fo me. I’m in a state of limbo with no news at all. Taking this as a rejection looking for that envelope in the mail...

Haven’t heard any news since I applied. it’s April 6th and I’m feeling so down in the dumps about LIU. I reached out them recently and all I got was more uncertainty. They said 400 were granted interviews, they sent out 140 letters of offer and only 21 accepted so far. Those who weren’t granted interview should recieved letters in the mail of denial. As fo me. I’m in a state of limbo with no news at all. Taking this as a rejection looking for that envelope in the mail...
Did you not get an interview? I understand the formality of a letter in the mail but considering covid and delays the mail has seen, they should send emails out too. I know some schools I’ve applied to sent an email and a formal letter

I emailed yesterday because I’m in the same boat as you! She said that admissions should had sent letters out to those who did not advance to the interview stage. I never got one. Pretty much she told me I didnt get in this cycle.

Reactions: 2 users
I emailed yesterday because I’m in the same boat as you! She said that admissions should had sent letters out to those who did not advance to the interview stage. I never got one. Pretty much she told me I didnt get in this cycle.
Same. I have heard nothing since I applied. I think it's kind of ridiculous to not hear a single thing since applying and feel it is rather unprofessional.

In all honesty, I feel like if (last we heard) only 28 out of 140 people accepted seats, they won’t be immediately denying anyone was interviewed because that’s only about 20% of people accepting their offers. Maybe I’m just looking at numbers to keep my hopes up 😂😂😂

Did you not get an interview? I understand the formality of a letter in the mail but considering covid and delays the mail has seen, they should send emails out too. I know some schools I’ve applied to sent an email and a formal letter
No I didn’t interview

Same. I have heard nothing since I applied. I think it's kind of ridiculous to not hear a single thing since applying and feel it is rather unprofessional.
I totally agree. I think it’s unprofessional as well

In all honesty, I feel like if (last we heard) only 28 out of 140 people accepted seats, they won’t be immediately denying anyone was interviewed because that’s only about 20% of people accepting their offers. Maybe I’m just looking at numbers to keep my hopes up 😂😂😂
I don’t know what our chances are. IF there is any

I don’t know what our chances are. IF there is any
I had an interview so I guess I’m just holding on to a tiny bit of faith. But they really should have sent you guys who didn’t interview a formal email and not just a letter in the mail because the mail system is horribly long and stuff gets lost.

For anyone who is accepted and attending have you found many apartment options or other students who will be looking for housing? I'm trying to meet people who may want to be roommates for the upcoming year but so far it has been very difficult. Living in long island seems to be very expensive without one. smh

Exactly how I’m feeling! Lol

For anyone who is accepted and attending have you found many apartment options or other students who will be looking for housing? I'm trying to meet people who may want to be roommates for the upcoming year but so far it has been very difficult. Living in long island seems to be very expensive without one. smh
I plan on living alone but have not found anything yet. Its so expensive. In ithaca (cornell) I could get a 3 bedroom for price of studio in liu.

Anybody else who is waiting getting nervous as tomorrow approaches? Also, has anyone heard any more recent updates?
I’m very anxious. Hopefully we will hear something by Friday.

I’m very anxious. Hopefully we will hear something by Friday.
As much as I would love to hear on Friday, I've convinced myself not to expect anything until Monday because they probably won't start looking at stuff until Friday because I'm assuming people have until midnight on the 15th to accept spots so they'll still have to wait to process any of those acceptances.

As much as I would love to hear on Friday, I've convinced myself not to expect anything until Monday because they probably won't start looking at stuff until Friday because I'm assuming people have until midnight on the 15th to accept spots so they'll still have to wait to process any of those acceptances.
Yup! I’m thinking we’ll hear in a week or two. Very anxious and excited :) staying hopeful!!

Yup! I’m thinking we’ll hear in a week or two. Very anxious and excited :) staying hopeful!!
I’m hoping sometime next week. I would expect they would’ve started organizing their official wait list and just have to finalize it once they get final numbers of acceptances. I’m holding on to hope for next week.

I'm right there with you all. Super anxious as tomorrow approaches. I was told the waitlist moves fast, so I was anticipating hearing something on Friday or Monday if the news is good. I hope we don't have to wait another week or two, but I guess it's possible. Hang in there and good luck to everyone!

That's so lame--to get to decision day and not have heard no thank you, you're waitlisted, nothing...I get that every school has their own way but they've been so non-communicative. I hope for the next round they're more organized. Best of luck!!

That's so lame--to get to decision day and not have heard no thank you, you're waitlisted, nothing...I get that every school has their own way but they've been so non-communicative. I hope for the next round they're more organized. Best of luck!!
In all honesty, if you look at the numbers when we last heard from anyone on here, 28 out of 140 accepted spots. Only 20%. And there’s people on here who interviewed and didn’t get an offer yet and are not interested because they got into another school. Looking at the numbers, I don’t know if they can really deny anyone they interviewed and not put them on a waitlist if they want to fill the class. Other schools, at least that I’ve interviewed with and heard of from others, interview around 700 people which allows them to have more people to waitlist and deny. If I make any sense 😂

In all honesty, if you look at the numbers when we last heard from anyone on here, 28 out of 140 accepted spots. Only 20%. And there’s people on here who interviewed and didn’t get an offer yet and are not interested because they got into another school. Looking at the numbers, I don’t know if they can really deny anyone they interviewed and not put them on a waitlist if they want to fill the class. Other schools, at least that I’ve interviewed with and heard of from others, interview around 700 people which allows them to have more people to waitlist and deny. If I make any sense 😂
So... are you saying I can be a little more optimistic that I will at least get officially denied soon lol??

• Haha
So... are you saying I can be a little more optimistic that I will at least get officially denied soon lol??
Did you interview? I guess it depends how many of us who interviewed are waiting to hear with this being our only school left

Yeah I agree with y’all. I think the chances are very good for anyone that interviewed. I doubt they received many more acceptances yesterday. Those who were interviewed and still interested in LIU, stay positive!!! We’re in this together, we all deserve this.

• Care
Yeah I agree with y’all. I think the chances are very good for anyone that interviewed. I doubt they received many more acceptances yesterday. Those who were interviewed and still interested in LIU, stay positive!!! We’re in this together, we all deserve this.
Just wish we knew when they’d start sending out more offers

Is it annoying to email and ask when we should expect to hear anything?

Agreed! Plus, I assume most people who received acceptances elsewhere didn't remove themselves from LIU's waitlist (since they didn't establish one). So, there may be less people in the waiting pool than the total number of people who interviewed/didn't get an initial offer.

Agreed! Plus, I assume most people who received acceptances elsewhere didn't remove themselves from LIU's waitlist (since they didn't establish one). So, there may be less people in the waiting pool than the total number of people who interviewed/didn't get an initial offer.
Exactly! And honestly if you’re not interested, tell them. Save everyone time.

I plan on living alone but have not found anything yet. Its so expensive. In ithaca (cornell) I could get a 3 bedroom for price of studio in liu.
That has been my issue. I want to find a 1 bedroom or even a studio and I haven’t been able to find anything under 1700

Rip my vet med dreams, but it’s ok! Hopefully everyone else find happiness and a fulfilling path if it does or doesn’t work out the way you envisioned. Best to all in da future!!

• Care
Rip my vet med dreams, but it’s ok! Hopefully everyone else find happiness and a fulfilling path if it does or doesn’t work out the way you envisioned. Best to all in da future!!
Don’t give up. Just apply again next year

Don’t give up. Just apply again next year
Thanks for the support but this was a shoot your shot one time thing :) I’m a non-traditional applicant and have a full time career that I’m satisfied with. And the more I think about it, the scarier it is to abandon my income and return to school. So I’ve made peace! And happy for those who will treat all my pets when I own 15 dogs and cats :)